An Gorta Mór

From a Bhoy on CQN…

SCULLYBHOY on 17TH MAY 2023 8:58 PM
By Rebecca Newlands

Celtic players will wear a special shirt at their next home fixture to commemorate the Irish famine.

The first team squad will play St Mirren at Parkhead on Saturday, May 20 wearing a Celtic Cross on their shirts to recognise the victims of The Great Hunger in Ireland.

Also known as An Gorta Mór, the famine devastated Irish communities in the 1840s and changed the country’s demographic and cultural landscape forever.

Around one million people died from starvation while many more left the country and settled in Scotland.

Worth noting as well, mate - that this year also marks the centenary of another black mark on the Scottish history book.

The 'wee free' (with all of it's Presbyterian polemic) announced the threat to the Scottish population that was the "Irish Race". Throw in all the bullshit associated with the 'Primrose Pledge', then you have a wee country that has outpunched big hitters in the fields of science, economics and engineering - yet somehow manages to repeatedly punch itself in the feckin nose when it comes to internal and inherit racism.

More food was exported from Ireland at the height of the genocide than in any other years. Carts of food were taken through countrysides under armed guard while mother's died in fields, holding their babies. Whole villages were forced to build makeshift stone huts in the hills and look down, starving, on the lands they used to farm being taken over by rich Scottish landowners....as they died in their thousands, British politicians claimed it was gods work....the British are very good at changing history. They condemn hitlers concentration camps while hiding the fact that they thought of the idea first....and they call it a famine. They blamed poor potato crops. There was enough food in Ireland to stop a million deaths.
And Scotland!! As a nation, was the British crowns mallet. Crushing the souls of the poor people who managed to escape.

British Colonial a joy wherever they went loved by all at Eton Oxford or Cambridge
Hated by most of the countries they stole the wealth from.
An Gorta Mor they watched people die of starvation whilst filling boats with food.
Whilst all of Europe stopped exporting food to save their own.
Britain’s shame

HH 😔

My ancestors come from Templeboy, County Sligo, and left Ireland during the time of the Brits extermination campaign, known as the 'Famine'
It galls me to hear of anyone, who is willing to bend the knee to the crown, and think of themselves as 'subjects'
A neighbour of ours has a big Union Jack up outside his house, think it's time my Tri Colour, made an appearance
Stay tuned
Pics to follow

TAL

slightly off topic, pished and it rant mode, did i mention a long walk through the green garden too....

I had interesting conversations over the last few weeks with several currant buns at the caravan park, different people on different occasions, almost exclusively initiated by me

Now seemingly decent people, nice kids, grafters even, who like me, enjoy their weekly visits with offsprogs to our wee happy place

Working from hame, I used to be 24/7 music in the background, but there's nae music thats decent that i've not played to death, and it seems they don't make guid stuff anymore...

Over the last few months, i've immersed myself in all sorts of documentaries, countless hours of everything from Ukraine/Rick Stein etc. but in amongst that, i've devoured a ton of stuff on the history of Ireland/troubles.
FFS for balance i even watched a series on Dr No, sorry the Rev I am not jolly aka paisley...
I've seen many versions of the history of the British Empire...

Understating for once, its fact that British establishment were historically 'terrorists', perhaps the first exclusding Genghis, and were for centuries, perhaps the most evil collection of humanity this planet has witnessed.

Islamic State/Al Qaeda etc. are horrific but could hardly hold a candle to British actions over centuries. We should be universally despised, but our efforts in WW1/WW2 cover over a multitude of sins.

I also learned that when slavery was abolished around the 1830's, around 400 odd families including that windsor mob were to be recompensed by the state for loss of earnings. They received a sum of money annually to the equivalent sum of £3 million per annum in todays money and continued to receive this annual stipend until 2015.
This was the birth of the 1%/aristocracy. These cunts that own everything are in essence these same families, enriched for 3 centuries for giving up trading in slaves.
I vaguely remember the Duke of Westminster died and on the news it showed his son, 19 years old, inherited an estate worth around 10 billion quid. For being fucking born. Owned half of London the wee prick.

So its no surprise when i read of famines and slaughters. The British state was built on the back of others, countries were raped and pillaged for anything of worth and even our own ancestors paid a heavy price as they were worked to the bone throughout the industrial revolution for a pittance in the most shocking conditions.

The word Britain should be banned worldwide never mind among our own. At least we (Scotland) should be allowed to seperate to fuck from the very idea of British and its history inluding us and our history. Britain includes us and we had no fucking part in it, no doubt historically we were victims of the same cunts.

Oh aye back to the current buns. It was stated to me, 'aye but your as bitter as us....'
Did you know that your not allowed to be a Catholic and a PM (legally they changed it to allow it under New Labour, but it wont happen')....
reply 'aye right, if they're letting a 'Paki' in charge surely your lot can get in... therein lies the rub

Did you know theres never been a Catholic royal....'aye right they let that ******* Meghan in'

These cunts moan about fucking tory scum etc..... but don't realise they're the cunts that kept us in the union which constantly gives us these cunts.

So when u put it to them that historically we live in a country run by cunts, for cunts, thats set up to keep them up and us cunts down.... you see them squirm

Then you finish them off with...... my mum is a protestant, my dad a catholic, religion has never been anything to me. How can i hate a protestant when my superhero is one.......
I hate everything that Britain stands for, the Royal Family, The Aristocracy, the establishment, their government, their history and the fact that us RC's will forever be by law excluded from the same opportunity as any other race... i hate them only because they've rigged the system to oppress me and they encourage people like you lot to hate me'. Thats why...

So why does your lot hate us Catholics ........ erm, er cos your fenian bastards

i rest my case...mlud

Cunts....... think i may have overly used that term

is replying to your own post considered talking to yourself ...

From that rant ta putting on yatube, first/second pick.......

the moods changed somewhat, the stone has kicked in, couched/gouched, close my eyes and i'm outside Cafe del Mar in Ibiza waiting on the sunset, Cafe del Mar introduced me to these songs

oh aye, so 16 years old, saved up my paper round money for half a year, booked to go to Ibiza aged 15 with my pal. Mum was fuming.... but let me go..... Before mobiles, 94 i think, call me everyday she says, called her when i landed, then 2 weeks later when i landed back in Glasgow, she was livid, made me make my own way home, via the pub (Broomy it was Dill).

Anyway, every bit of advice given before i departed was 'You have to see a sunrise at Cafe del Mar'......... i tried 4 nights in a row, nobody mentioned there was a row of drug dealers in the alleyway before you entered it..... and they were proper salesmen :)
still waking up on the beach, fully clothed, alone, lost, dazed and confused....
15 years old, it was enough for me

If anyone takes the time to read, can you let me know how we got from An Gorta Mor tae the Cafe del Mar
The Broomy sent a taxi for ye
Walk on ya radge ye

Worth noting as well, mate - that this year also marks the centenary of another black mark on the Scottish history book.

The 'wee free' (with all of it's Presbyterian polemic) announced the threat to the Scottish population that was the "Irish Race". Throw in all the bullshit associated with the 'Primrose Pledge', then you have a wee country that has outpunched big hitters in the fields of science, economics and engineering - yet somehow manages to repeatedly punch itself in the feckin nose when it comes to internal and inherit racism.
good to see you back fella
your naw even spouting that pish yi used to either ;) says meeee

the only pub i've ever encountered that looked better in the 80's than it did now ....
I concur, as I frequented the place, for a cocktail of an evening back in the day
Remember the 'gang' that was causing a distrubance (daft wee boys who couldn't hold their first pint) and were unceremoniously 'drummed' out of the public bar by big Tommy, for being a nuisance
Threats were issued about coming back and giving him a doing, and all the patter that went along with it
The aforementioned miscreants (all from the same family, or so the legend goes) did come back, stoned and blootered out of their minds, and broke into the lounge bar, through the skylight
Imagine the scene, the skylight gets panned, and a pair of legs dangle from the ceiling as they drop down, onto the lounge disco/dance floor, such as it was
Their dastardly, nay cunning plan, might have worked, but for the fact it was half nine on a Friday night, so the place was full of punters
Needless to say, they were dispatched by some of the regulars, ad the dicey bunnets duly arrived, to cart them off for the night
Not so may 'characters' from the old days left
You look after yourself and those bairns of yours, you are always entertaining, and I am proud to call you my friend...among other things :LOL::ROFLMAO:
YNWA

Last edited:
By a lonely prison wall
I heard a young girl calling
"Michael, they have taken you away
For you stole Trevelyan's corn
So the young might see the morn
Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay"
Low lie the fields of Athenry
Where once we watched the small free birds fly
Our love was on the wing we had dreams and songs to sing
It's so lonely 'round the fields of Athenry
By a lonely prison wall
I heard a young man calling
"Nothing matters, Mary, when you're free
Against the famine and the crown
I rebelled, they cut me down
Now you must raise our child with dignity"
By a lonely harbour wall
She watched the last star falling
As that prison ship sailed out against the sky
For she lived in hope and pray
For her love in Botany Bay

slightly off topic, pished and it rant mode, did i mention a long walk through the green garden too....

I had interesting conversations over the last few weeks with several currant buns at the caravan park, different people on different occasions, almost exclusively initiated by me

Now seemingly decent people, nice kids, grafters even, who like me, enjoy their weekly visits with offsprogs to our wee happy place

Working from hame, I used to be 24/7 music in the background, but there's nae music thats decent that i've not played to death, and it seems they don't make guid stuff anymore...

Over the last few months, i've immersed myself in all sorts of documentaries, countless hours of everything from Ukraine/Rick Stein etc. but in amongst that, i've devoured a ton of stuff on the history of Ireland/troubles.
FFS for balance i even watched a series on Dr No, sorry the Rev I am not jolly aka paisley...
I've seen many versions of the history of the British Empire...

Understating for once, its fact that British establishment were historically 'terrorists', perhaps the first exclusding Genghis, and were for centuries, perhaps the most evil collection of humanity this planet has witnessed.

Islamic State/Al Qaeda etc. are horrific but could hardly hold a candle to British actions over centuries. We should be universally despised, but our efforts in WW1/WW2 cover over a multitude of sins.

I also learned that when slavery was abolished around the 1830's, around 400 odd families including that windsor mob were to be recompensed by the state for loss of earnings. They received a sum of money annually to the equivalent sum of £3 million per annum in todays money and continued to receive this annual stipend until 2015.
This was the birth of the 1%/aristocracy. These cunts that own everything are in essence these same families, enriched for 3 centuries for giving up trading in slaves.
I vaguely remember the Duke of Westminster died and on the news it showed his son, 19 years old, inherited an estate worth around 10 billion quid. For being fucking born. Owned half of London the wee prick.

So its no surprise when i read of famines and slaughters. The British state was built on the back of others, countries were raped and pillaged for anything of worth and even our own ancestors paid a heavy price as they were worked to the bone throughout the industrial revolution for a pittance in the most shocking conditions.

The word Britain should be banned worldwide never mind among our own. At least we (Scotland) should be allowed to seperate to fuck from the very idea of British and its history inluding us and our history. Britain includes us and we had no fucking part in it, no doubt historically we were victims of the same cunts.

Oh aye back to the current buns. It was stated to me, 'aye but your as bitter as us....'
Did you know that your not allowed to be a Catholic and a PM (legally they changed it to allow it under New Labour, but it wont happen')....
reply 'aye right, if they're letting a 'Paki' in charge surely your lot can get in... therein lies the rub

Did you know theres never been a Catholic royal....'aye right they let that ******* Meghan in'

These cunts moan about fucking tory scum etc..... but don't realise they're the cunts that kept us in the union which constantly gives us these cunts.

So when u put it to them that historically we live in a country run by cunts, for cunts, thats set up to keep them up and us cunts down.... you see them squirm

Then you finish them off with...... my mum is a protestant, my dad a catholic, religion has never been anything to me. How can i hate a protestant when my superhero is one.......
I hate everything that Britain stands for, the Royal Family, The Aristocracy, the establishment, their government, their history and the fact that us RC's will forever be by law excluded from the same opportunity as any other race... i hate them only because they've rigged the system to oppress me and they encourage people like you lot to hate me'. Thats why...

So why does your lot hate us Catholics ........ erm, er cos your fenian bastards

i rest my case...mlud

Cunts....... think i may have overly used that term
Katherine, Duchess of Kent is a good Tim.

Members online

Back