An Gorta Mór

Just want to say thanks to Boab for all the wonderfull stuff you have posted here, really enjoyed the vids...but must admit to having a tear in my eye watching a young TB singing.
You's will not be the first nor the last to shed a tear, he was that special in the true meaning of the word.HH

Number 2 captures the truth in sheer horror for men, women and children both born and unborn, leaves also the question how many ancestral lines ceased too.

Ethnic cleansing indeed of the poor most of which were catholic in the millions and protestants in their thousands.

Sick doesn’t quite cover this. War criminals blood are here still in their glory n riches yet will never clean the blood from their hands.

Up the Irish, our people are incredibly resillient and i’m incredibly proud of my forefathers and foremothers.

HH ☘️

I left Motherwell at 18 to go live in Edinburgh when my widowed mother remarried. My stepfather decided to move house 2 years later and I were not coming, being kicked out. Long story but, met an oap called Michael Innes, from Piershill sq West, Edinburgh who gave me digs. He had spent WWII in the POW camps in Poland and became my mentor. He told me about watching the Black and Tans burning down his aunts farmhouse in Ireland, hunger and poverty brought them to Scotland, WWII broke out he were called up and served in the Royal Scots. Talked very rarely about his Irish or WWII past.
All he would say "Sad times son, best not talked about, good idea never forgotten"

Number 2 captures the truth in sheer horror for men, women and children both born and unborn,

leaves also the question how many ancestral lines ceased too.

Ethnic cleansing indeed of the poor most of which were catholic in the millions and protestants in their thousands.

War criminals blood are here still in their glory n riches yet will never clean the blood from their hands.

HH ☘️
Maria.
1980 working with the Israelis met a child survivor from the "Holocaust" camps. He were late 40's but looked older. His mum, dad, uncles, aunts and cousins all murdered. The farm and village in Poland all gone even the graveyard. Never married, no children. Told me when he died nobody would miss him.

His tattooed number on his arm and his words about "Man's inhumanity to man should never be forgotten", I can still hear.

A memorial to the victims of the "Irish Genocide" is long overdue, with an plate explaining how and why the Irish population is still below pre-famine levels.

Bang on what were they exporting, whats in the sea, what wildlife lives in the hills. Cannot own a horse or a gun, would have been shot if fishing or poaching.

It is a wonder anyone survived......and the English are surprised that they are still treated with an element of distrust.

Just tried to have a conversation with my English work mate about An Gorta Mor....he doesn't know the history...but thinks he knows everything about everything...I explained that what happened in Ireland was genocide...he says I can't call it genocide...genocide is what happened in WW2 to the jews...England wouldn't commit genocide...apparently...I explained that the Brits allowed and forced the Irish to starve to death, genocide yes?? The conversation ended when he hit me with this line....."it's not genocide...they could have just moved. They went to America and Britian. It can't be genocide if they were allowed to leave Ireland. If they didn't want to starve to death they could have just moved"......??.....words fail me...

Just tried to have a conversation with my English work mate about An Gorta Mor....he doesn't know the history...but thinks he knows everything about everything...I explained that what happened in Ireland was genocide...he says I can't call it genocide...genocide is what happened in WW2 to the jews...England wouldn't commit genocide...apparently...I explained that the Brits allowed and forced the Irish to starve to death, genocide yes?? The conversation ended when he hit me with this line....."it's not genocide...they could have just moved. They went to America and Britian. It can't be genocide if they were allowed to leave Ireland. If they didn't want to starve to death they could have just moved"......??.....words fail me...

OMG is that twat for real? Absolving his country over war crimes i won’t absolve them nor the Scots nor the Welsh that took part in that.
Disgusting behaviour.

Brits still doing it today sending armies of coalition soldiers into other countries like Yemen and blowing up school childrens bus in a busy buil up area, the graveyard is full of children grieving over their dead class mates.

Done under coalition brits america and saudi.

They should all be held accountable for war crimes imo

OMG is that twat for real? Absolving his country over war crimes i won’t absolve them nor the Scots nor the Welsh that took part in that.
Disgusting behaviour.

Brits still doing it today sending armies of coalition soldiers into other countries like Yemen and blowing up school childrens bus in a busy buil up area, the graveyard is full of children grieving over their dead class mates.

Done under coalition brits america and saudi.

They should all be held accountable for war crimes imo

Maria I couldn't believe what I was hearing...he was been 100% serious...the Brits brought civilisation to the world...apparently. Most of the countries the Brits invaded weren't actually invasions...apparently....the Brits were invited with open arms....apparently. He actually believes everything he said. I tried reasoning with him but there was no hope.

Maria I couldn't believe what I was hearing...he was been 100% serious...the Brits brought civilisation to the world...apparently. Most of the countries the Brits invaded weren't actually invasions...apparently....the Brits were invited with open arms....apparently. He actually believes everything he said. I tried reasoning with him but there was no hope.

Man alive thats sheer arrogance, they enslaved most of the world and killed the others that had anything to say about it.

War mongering countries no wonder the east despise us.

Stay away from that fuqer imatim because you will end up saying or doing something that will put your job in jeapordy.

Wit an absolute melt eh?

HH pal ☘️

I too find it hard to believe that there are still people unaware of what happened in Ireland or other countries for that matter.
I work with professionals,who appear to think the trouble kicked off in
Ireland in the sixties.It is brushed under the carpet.
I do not think it is taught in Primary School.
Perhaps some individuals are choosing to be ignorant of facts.

For such a huge disaster that changed the landscape of Ireland and the UK I don't recall learning anything about it at school...and that was in Glasgows east end. The people in England who I speak to now have no knowledge of it at all...or if the do, it's "is that where all the potatoes got a disease"....it's a part of history that has been completely brushed over and ignored. There is enough towns and cities in Scotland that's population was completely changed by the poor souls coming from Ireland that every statue design should have a home. We shouldn't have to pick just one...all entries should be displayed all around Scotland. IMO

Just tried to have a conversation with my English work mate about An Gorta Mor....he doesn't know the history...but thinks he knows everything about everything...
I explained that what happened in Ireland was genocide...

it's not genocide...they could have just moved"......??.....words fail me...

And how were they to move, walk across the water. No money for passage. It were virtually a death sentence

And how were they to move, walk across the water. No money for passage. It were virtually a death sentence
I said that...the reply I got was "well at least a lot of them got to go to America and Canada" ? at which point another work mate popped into the the convo and said "fuck sake mate...it wasn't a bloody holiday they were going on".......I've stopped talking about it with him now.

He's actually not a bad guy...not like he's a sevco fan trying to get a rise out of me...he is just completely ignorant to it. In his eyes the brits dragged the whole world out of the dark ages and the casualties were for the greater good...completely moronic but not a bad guy

Back