An historically important match you were at?

Celtic v Leeds Utd European Cup semi final 1970, the crowd was above the limit and the crush was unbelievable, I saw the whole game from the left of the 'Rangers' end
I was 16 and after Bobby Muroch's goal, the girl beside me, I didn't know her, grabbed me and laid a big smacker on me
Everybody's going metal, we're winching away good style
Have never forgotten that night, for more than the fact we won
Wonder if she remembers that ;-)
When I got home, my mum met met the door & told me I was going to Milan, for the final
A wonderful memory for me
HH
Great story DILLIGAF ๐Ÿ‘ so did you go to Milan for the final?

Was also at the Leeds game as a nine year old, Celtic end, sat on a barrier the whole game with my wee da hauding me incase I disappeared under a sea of feet.

But the iconic stand out game for me was the day we stopped the 10,I was in the jungle that day ,standing this time, although technically I dont think my feet touched the ground๐Ÿ˜,and I happen to think that if things go our way in the next 2 seasons, that game will be even more iconic.

H.H

Knew it! theres always wan! contrary to popular belief amongst some cheeky feckers on this site, ah wiznae at the 1928 scottish cup final!, however, ah wiz at the 1969 scottish cup final,strangely enough, it wiz the same score! Oh and the Dukla game ah got lifted ower!!!!! Hail Hail John!๐Ÿ˜น
This other bob crampsey stella moment was brought to you by MDs yesteryear memoirs

if you would like to order your boxset of Mds yesteryears memoirs then please send your stella label stuck to a cats arse to

p.o stella box

going backintime lane

Great story DILLIGAF ๐Ÿ‘ so did you go to Milan for the final?
Sure did
Was there with my uncle and his mates

Day before the game, there was a general stirke, our hotel was 40 miles from Milan so we were worried about no buses, but they brought the army in to help and we got there
When we went one up, through TG, we thought it was going to be easy, but I was right behind the goal when Van Hennegem scored and there were a lot of tears shed after the final whistle
Getting home was madness, they took us to the airport and thousands of us were pushed into the terminal, nothing was set up, nobody knew what was going on, we just kipped down where we could, sleeping almost on top of each other as the airport was chaotic
A door would open and people would start running out onto the tarmac
The police were pushing and shoving us about with their machine guns
Absoluely mental, had never seen anything like it
HH

Not at this game but very much an opportunity not to be missed to pay homeage once again to our own legend
I was at thus game....went to airport still wearing my Barca top and wondered where all the bloody Arsenal were coming from on my flight back.......to Luton doh....played dumb though. Most of tge Arsenal fans I met before the fame were Irish.

Sure did
Was there with my uncle and his mates

Day before the game, there was a general stirke, our hotel was 40 miles from Milan so we were worried about no buses, but they brought the army in to help and we got there
When we went one up, through TG, we thought it was going to be easy, but I was right behind the goal when Van Hennegem scored and there were a lot of tears shed after the final whistle
Getting home was madness, they took us to the airport and thousands of us were pushed into the terminal, nothing was set up, nobody knew what was going on, we just kipped down where we could, sleeping almost on top of each other as the airport was chaotic
A door would open and people would start running out onto the tarmac
The police were pushing and shoving us about with their machine guns
Absoluely mental, had never seen anything like it
HH
Wow that's some experience for a boy! A bit before my time but from what I've read we were favourites going into that game and folk were expecting it to be fairy easy for us, unlike Lisbon where we were big underdogs. So losing that one really hurt everyone involved.

Wow that's some experience for a boy! A bit before my time but from what I've read we were favourites going into that game and folk were expecting it to be fairy easy for us, unlike Lisbon where we were big underdogs. So losing that one really hurt everyone involved.
My most historical match was the miners against Maggie thatchers storm troopers at ravenscraig tv pictures were very strange as we kicked fuck outa polis fae brighton ,Kent and a few other nice places to live them 2 us about 30 a fuckin rout beatutiful day. As well if I remember correctly ๐Ÿ‘

Back