Andrew Gutman

Ray

Young Gutman loaned to Charlotte Independence of the USL Championship!,managed by former Celtic U-20 boss Jim McGuinness,so could mean he will get plenty of play time,and progress his career,hh

Young Gutman loaned to Charlotte Independence of the USL Championship!,managed by former Celtic U-20 boss Jim McGuinness,so could mean he will get plenty of play time,and progress his career,hh

He’ll get to play (along with Manny Perez who plays for a different club in the same league 50 miles down the road), but I wouldn’t get my hopes up regarding this load deal. My understanding is that he can’t get a work permit in the UK, and MLS is blocking a move to the top league in America as well as to over 1/2 the clubs in the USL. His options are very limited.

FWIW, the quality of play in the league is poor by any measure. This is the league Rangers plucked Niko Kranjčar from in 2016. The league also has a large number of reserve sides for MLS clubs.

Best case scenario is that he plays well enough to get a call up to the national team which, in theory, should qualify him for a work permit to train in Glasgow and go on loan to another Scottish club.

Done your homework Ben ??

Thank you Maria!

To give credit where it's due, most of my information came from a single article in The Athletic (a US subscription based online publication). Their reporters are EXCELLENT as they actually do research, contact those people with 1st hand knowledge, and then write up articles based on new information that hasn't previously been published. Over here it's called journalism, though I'm not sure what it's called over there as what passes for 'journalism' usually doesn't involve any fact gathering.

Thank you Maria!

To give credit where it's due, most of my information came from a single article in The Athletic (a US subscription based online publication). Their reporters are EXCELLENT as they actually do research, contact those people with 1st hand knowledge, and then write up articles based on new information that hasn't previously been published. Over here it's called journalism, though I'm not sure what it's called over there as what passes for 'journalism' usually doesn't involve any fact gathering.
Over here that's an expansive word ben.?

See yer still full o happy cheer Irish ??

Crack a smile go on. Sure the mrs will think ye have hives ??
I am never not happy miss Maria. But even you have to admit I am rarely wrong with my opinions. Journalists are all full a shite.
As for the Mrs, she too is extremely happy. As the saying goes, happy wife, happy life! I appreciate your concerns though!

I am never not happy miss Maria. But even you have to admit I am rarely wrong with my opinions. Journalists are all full a shite.
As for the Mrs, she too is extremely happy. As the saying goes, happy wife, happy life! I appreciate your concerns though!

No concerned pal. Just thought you should crack a wee smile.

Ha. ??

"To give credit where it's due, most of my information came from a single article in The Athletic (a US subscription based online publication). Their reporters are EXCELLENT as they actually do research, contact those people with 1st hand knowledge, and then write up articles based on new information that hasn't previously been published. Over here it's called journalism, though I'm not sure what it's called over there as what passes for 'journalism' usually doesn't involve any fact gathering."

That sort of behaviour will never catch on in the wider world! What? That's what most journalists do around the world? Who'd have thunk it!

Last edited:
Back