ANDY MURRAY

The Shamrock

Isn't it hard to watch Andy suffering during his presser about having to retire from the game?
He has positively put Dunblane on the map and shown some of our overly 'precious' football divas that it takes hard work to become world No 1.
Hopefully he'll continue in the sport by training youngsters as he has so much to offer and maybe one day we'll have another Scottish Wimbledon winner.

He’s deffo been one of Scotland’s greatest sportsman of that thers no doubt
But please spare me the sobbing press conference because what he can’t play tennis any more
He’s sitting on a reputed £40million fortune
I’m sure thers families in his native country who have to go to foodbanks to feed ther children who wish that’s all they had to worry
People workin 2 jobs 7days a week jst to survive and pay the bills
Fine advert u have been Andy for young up and coming sports people but please spare me the blubbering tears

emotional/blubbering presser ,

well since you've devoted your whole life to a sport/job you love and lose it due to injury ill health i think your entitled to be emotional
Same as john kennedy same as other folk losing there jobs , how much you earned and how you got it isn't a factor neither is the state of the country you live in

He will never get the recognition he deserves but he did have a remarkable career

But please spare me the sobbing press conference because what he can’t play tennis any more
I’m sure thers families in his native country who have to go to foodbanks to feed ther children who wish that’s all they had to worry
Fine advert u have been Andy for young up and coming sports people but please spare me the blubbering tears

A lot of truth in that and i’m sure he’d agree probs just getting over the shock that what he has ploughed every part of himself into since his childhood is now gone. He will feel lost.

But him and 5 generations off murrays after him won’t starve.

Always a ray eh pal? ?

To be fair if I got offered I'll health retirement I'd bite yer fuckin haun aff?

Not many people have what it takes to reach the very top in their sport and if Andy is a millionaire it's because he worked fecking hard for it since he was a child. It's only natural for him to be upset as he is a very competitive person and I'm sure he wanted to carry on with the sport he loves for a bit longer. His wealth doesn't make any difference. We would all like to be paid to do something we like but we would have to be prepared to work as hard as someone like Murray.

Regardless of his wealth, I felt for him when I watched his press conference.

He's dedicated his life to something. He realised he wasn't born with the God-given talent of Federer or the superhuman athleticism of Nadal or Djokovic, but he didn't give up and accept the glorious failure that's plagued our nation for centuries. He worked and worked and worked. He's a shining example to young people everywhere, but especially young Scottish people.

If he doesn't make Wimbledon, my summers from now on are going to be much blander. I'm not sure I even like tennis! Celtic may never win the European Cup again; Scotland will definitely never win the World Cup; for two weeks every summer Andy Murray made me hope and believe in something.

Andy Murray reached the top of the world and I actually love him, even if he is a Hibbee. God bless him.

Regardless of his wealth, I felt for him when I watched his press conference.

He's dedicated his life to something. He realised he wasn't born with the God-given talent of Federer or the superhuman athleticism of Nadal or Djokovic, but he didn't give up and accept the glorious failure that's plagued our nation for centuries. He worked and worked and worked. He's a shining example to young people everywhere, but especially young Scottish people.

If he doesn't make Wimbledon, my summers from now on are going to be much blander. I'm not sure I even like tennis! Celtic may never win the European Cup again; Scotland will definitely never win the World Cup; for two weeks every summer Andy Murray made me hope and believe in something.

Andy Murray reached the top of the world and I actually love him, even if he is a Hibbee. God bless him.
hail hail Larry!!

Members online

No members online now.

Back