Andy Robertson

P

P.Anthony

It is very rare. That is what you start to realise.”
Maybe more so this year than last year. A lot has been said up in Scotland because of Billy McNeill’s passing, the fact the person from these islands who lifted it for the first time was Scottish.

“It has been an emotional time for people up here to see him go, and Stevie Chalmers as well.
“My picture won’t go as big as his, but it was still a special moment to get my hands on the trophy he lifted.”

Nice words from wee Robbo

Im always a bit vexed when the whole Robertson v Tierney argument comes up. They are very similar Robertson is outstanding , full throttle , devastating delivery. KT the same and scores big goals. I'd be willing to wager KT could fill in for Andy in that Liverpool side fully fit right now. Many Liverpool, English club fans and some Scottish clubs fans would laugh at that. We've all seen KT play against the best of Europe's clubs and if he was in that Liverpool side fully fit he would be surrounded by players on HIS level. We (Scotland) are lucky to have both at the same time and if Clarke can get them playing together in the national starting XI I feel confident that we will improve as a nation. Still anxious about tonight though v Cyprus. Hope Clarke's been able to rid them of ecks mentality (doubt he had a philosophy)

Im always a bit vexed when the whole Robertson v Tierney argument comes up. They are very similar Robertson is outstanding , full throttle , devastating delivery. KT the same and scores big goals. I'd be willing to wager KT could fill in for Andy in that Liverpool side fully fit right now. Many Liverpool, English club fans and some Scottish clubs fans would laugh at that. We've all seen KT play against the best of Europe's clubs and if he was in that Liverpool side fully fit he would be surrounded by players on HIS level. We (Scotland) are lucky to have both at the same time and if Clarke can get them playing together in the national starting XI I feel confident that we will improve as a nation. Still anxious about tonight though v Cyprus. Hope Clarke's been able to rid them of ecks mentality (doubt he had a philosophy)
I cant think of a fullback in the world just now better than Andy Robertson based on current form.Think you're right though, a fully fit KT isn't far away from him plus he's a couple of years younger.Looking forward to seeing him back to his best ?HH

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda typical of Scottish luck. 2 of the best players in Europe in one position! Great to have but frustrating as ****

Members online

Latest posts

Back