Ange and Spurs

breadbhoy

Ange bookies favourite for Spurs job. Where this came from I don't know, Daily mail id presume. Since JFK was talked up about Hearts job and Ange Quoted as saying he'd make a great manager when he's ready. The rumour mill has gone into overdrive. I personally don't see Ange moving why should he, if and when we have a good champions league Anges stock will then go into overdrive.

To be fair, if you want to sup fae the poisoned chalice, then the Spurs' joab is the one for you.

I believe that Ange likes a bit of creative control and, bar one or two exceptions, he's pretty much had the run o' the gaf at Celtic.

Sure, the short-term paypoke might be appealing, but the critical damage to your long-term reputation may well be a career killer.

If I were Dermot, I'd gie the man a decent block of shares and a lifetime appointment towards creating a proper legacy. Ange is all about the mentality of footballers. I don't believe he has the patience for prima donnas and preeners. He'd appreciate the challenge, but he'd also appreciate that the grass ain't always greener and whiter than what it is right now

Rodgers will be new Spurs manager, if he wants it.
Levy is the main stumbling block to those they've spoken to so far
I think he'd be a good fit for spurs , if he can win trophies for Leicester then spurs should have a better chance with Rodgers at the helm.

However anyone feels about him his record is undeniable he's a winner, that's " very impohhhrtant" .

Ange is a clever man and who you look at tbe managers levy has had come and go quickstep it's amazing they've done as well as they have.

Only the unfair top 4 cl places have kept spurs relevant , kane should've left in his late 20s , but levy wanted ridiculous money.

Ange going to spurs leaving behind his newly found god and goddess status he and his wife now have would be crazy, so long story sssss....till quite long but Nah not appenin mate not on you're bread and butter knife

If it's out and out offered to him, I think he would be tempted!! It's obviously a bigger league and without doubt he'd treble or quadruple his wages.

The only problem would be that he would not be able to get the players he wants, as they are tied to us. And the biggie must be that he's in the champions league with us!

I'd love to know what Mrs P is saying!!!?

Rodgers would take it. I know some of the guys on Spurs fan media and there's more talk about this up here than on their sites. Ange is going to be on most of these short-lists. One of the concerns apparently that Spurs are reported to have is Ange's age. At 57 does he really want to go and work for a club that operates in the way it does, and compare and contrast with his great relationship with everyone at Celtic from Dermot Desmond to the supporters. Remember Ange said 'you'll be surprised how long I am here' and he continually talks about making an impact in Champions League but this being a longer term objective. That means hanging around to see it out. One prediction - The best selling book in Scotland this year will be the published by Celtic FC and that's not irrelevant to this thread.

Rodgers would take it. I know some of the guys on Spurs fan media and there's more talk about this up here than on their sites. Ange is going to be on most of these short-lists. One of the concerns apparently that Spurs are reported to have is Ange's age. At 57 does he really want to go and work for a club that operates in the way it does, and compare and contrast with his great relationship with everyone at Celtic from Dermot Desmond to the supporters. Remember Ange said 'you'll be surprised how long I am here' and he continually talks about making an impact in Champions League but this being a longer term objective. That means hanging around to see it out. One prediction - The best selling book in Scotland this year will be the published by Celtic FC and that's not irrelevant to this thread.
Agree totally way your post,for some reason a get the impression ange will be here for the long haul,,based on what we have seen and heard from ange!!! I expect ange to use Saturdays title party with the uk media spotlight on us to put the rumours to bed once and for all..give us the boost we have been looking for heading into the final🇮🇪

In spite of the demands for immediate and prolonged success, Celtic can still be regarded as a true 'legacy' club when the appointment is the right one.

Ange might seem to some as a one-trick pony as far as tactics and line-up go, but it's still a pretty good trick when you have the appropriate players to utilise it. I hope Ange sees the huge potential that this club has beyond Scotland (especially upon the European stage) and that he takes the opportunity to fulfil his vision and ambition over an extended period.

Ange may have the option to manage a club with a bigger footballing budget, but he'd be unlikely to have the chance to manage a club of Celtic's immense size, scale and reach.

No doubt Ange has an ego to feed, but I don't think he has the vanity of say, Brendan, for example. It may be one day that the goldfish bowl and archaic, chaotic and very partial nature of Scottish football may bend his will, but I sincerely hope that his and his family's current contentment of their circumstances will be deciding factors.

I feel that Ange's age is of a benefit to us in his decision making. He's had a fairly nomadic decade or so and perhaps he wants to establish roots and fully develop a legacy as a lasting testament to his talents.

In spite of the demands for immediate and prolonged success, Celtic can still be regarded as a true 'legacy' club when the appointment is the right one.

Ange might seem to some as a one-trick pony as far as tactics and line-up go, but it's still a pretty good trick when you have the appropriate players to utilise it. I hope Ange sees the huge potential that this club has beyond Scotland (especially upon the European stage) and that he takes the opportunity to fulfil his vision and ambition over an extended period.

Ange may have the option to manage a club with a bigger footballing budget, but he'd be unlikely to have the chance to manage a club of Celtic's immense size, scale and reach.

No doubt Ange has an ego to feed, but I don't think he has the vanity of say, Brendan, for example. It may be one day that the goldfish bowl and archaic, chaotic and very partial nature of Scottish football may bend his will, but I sincerely hope that his and his family's current contentment of their circumstances will be deciding factors.

I feel that Ange's age is of a benefit to us in his decision making. He's had a fairly nomadic decade or so and perhaps he wants to establish roots and fully develop a legacy as a lasting testament to his talents.
Aye, agreed SP , nomadic to us at least and the EMSM will have him as untested at their ' level' despite his achievements.

We're all long in the tooth enough to know there will come a time when he will move on.

Ange is a man of integrity, honorable.
It would take a falling out , betrayal or something along those lines for Ange to leave before he's finished what he's only just started.

At spurs integrity is absent from those at the top.

It was a gamble for Ange and Celtic to appoint him that's paid off spectacularly, from what I've read DD was adamant he needed a manager like that who would keep to his word and see his job through.

Remember his beginning to life at Celtic, 3 away defeats on the bounce, that start to life at spurs would likely see any manager relieved of their position.

When he goes , it'll be under his terms and to a club with more integrity about it than spurs.

Anyway , he's Celtic manager , he's selling his £1.2 million luxury mansion in Oz and his family love it here , I think they've settled and intend to stay.

With stories like these fake or true you can't win.

He's linked with the EPL, if he wasnt then he's not being successful at Celtic.

We don't like these stories and links but like the Feyenoord manager it actually reflects well on the club and our standing.

How often we hear about the terrible backwater league we play in.
That's only half true though.

If it was so terrible why is our manager on everyone's list?

Why , if Scottish football, domestic and international is so bad does it carry 2 champions league spots 1 automatic 1 play off?

Scotland are the only country to beat Spain in a tournament qualifier for years, and are rapidly improving.

I'd be far more concerned if Ange was on liverpool's radar if Klopp bows out, as that is a club with the integrity he would require.

Members online

Latest posts

Back