Ange

You're bang on there glovesy. Confident, but not arrogant!
I think after a few weeks and games, our dear brethren will all behind the man !
I watched a documentary on him last night pal

It took in his career and spoke to his family/media etc.
A story that fits with Celtic, family left Greece to become ex-pats
In a minority in Australia as far as nationality goes
Brought up in that close knit community
Loves football, everyone said that, lives for it

Media guys said he had success but then a real rough couple of years
Got a job with a club on slide, turned them around almost overnight
Took offer of the national team job and that part is well known
'Ange changed soccer in Australia' a media guy said
I refer to media guy's as they're normally the last to dish out praise

He left national team after qualifying for 2nd WC, wasn't happy with something,
never got the full story, seems strange taking them to a WC for 2nd time and walking,
Any idea of why he left pal ?

I watched a documentary on him last night pal

It took in his career and spoke to his family/media etc.
A story that fits with Celtic, family left Greece to become ex-pats
In a minority in Australia as far as nationality goes
Brought up in that close knit community
Loves football, everyone said that, lives for it

Media guys said he had success but then a real rough couple of years
Got a job with a club on slide, turned them around almost overnight
Took offer of the national team job and that part is well known
'Ange changed soccer in Australia' a media guy said
I refer to media guy's as they're normally the last to dish out praise

He left national team after qualifying for 2nd WC, wasn't happy with something,
never got the full story, seems strange taking them to a WC for 2nd time and walking,
Any idea of why he left pal ?
Purely

Purely thru an argument with the Oz FA. His preparation involved bringing youngsters in to learn from their more experienced peers. FA said he was wasting valuable time, he said he was thinking of Oz football after WC , when a few were going to retire from international football!
He was proved correct when a few youngsters, some of the names u might know, 1 especially, big TR

12 month rolling contracts are common and not such a bad idea when you think about it.
Not got the full gist of what they really are and which party there more suited for shammy.
Would have thought with the level of rebuild required to hopefully be competing in CL group stages the season after next, then a minimal of 2 years would have been on offer with an option on a 3rd year.
What's to stop him moving on for nothing if he should be a huge success?

Purely thru an argument with the Oz FA. His preparation involved bringing youngsters in to learn from their more experienced peers. FA said he was wasting valuable time, he said he was thinking of Oz football after WC , when a few were going to retire from international football!
He was proved correct when a few youngsters, some of the names u might know, 1 especially, big TR
Tell us CdU what is his track record with players he actually brings into a club?
Also can he revitalise players who have stalled within there career?
Liked what I heard about the way he tends to like the younger player, so do they respond with the preformance also?

Tell us CdU what is his track record with players he actually brings into a club?
Also can he revitalise players who have stalled within there career?
Liked what I heard about the way he tends to like the younger player, so do they respond with the preformance also?
Naw, coz it's way past your bedtime. I'm concerned about my brethern's welfare back home. Will fill u in about 6pm ( 9am in Scots time !)

BesidesMatt Ryan , there r a good few ozzies playing in England, mainly the Championship, that would jump at the chance to be playing for Ange again. He'll probably go for a couple of them asap, but might have to wait till Jan window to build up his troops. Yeah, give the guy a wee bit of time , he's the type that we want in the job !
Jackson Irvine is defo Ange's type

looking forward to some fresh thinking,fresh ideas,the guys obviously got big bollocks travelling halfway roon the globe to take on this monster job,lets get behind him this constant negativity is fuckin draining,,stoked up way the hun press,,,didny read this shit when caxinha came?to hunz....

I think Maloney is a stick on to be his Scottish Number 2 and he will probably bring in his own fitness guys etc..... Kennedy will most likely still have a job in the academy
They need sumcunt tae operate the drawbridge at Lennoxtown JK joab fur loife

HH 👀

A knee jerk reaction that I was stuck with for a month!! 🤣🤣

I'd certainly be happy with Maloney there but really feel that we dropped the ball not offering Broony a coaching role either with the first team or the youths
Your both oor Knee and oor Jerk just sayin

HH 🤪

Not got the full gist of what they really are and which party there more suited for shammy.
Would have thought with the level of rebuild required to hopefully be competing in CL group stages the season after next, then a minimal of 2 years would have been on offer with an option on a 3rd year.
What's to stop him moving on for nothing if he should be a huge success?
Also easy to rid ourselves of his services should it all go Pete Tong. If after a season or two and all being well then that contract could be extended.

Jackson Irvine is defo Ange's type
He played quite a bit under Ange for the national team, if you need central midfielders he'd be good for squad depth and I reckon he would be a good guy to have around the squad in terms of character.

I watched a fair bit of the discussion he had below, he talks about Ange from about 1 hour 42, it's quite prophetic, saying how he should be managing in Europe.

Back