Ann Budge's grotesque grandstanding and Celtic bidding farewell after Ten-in-a-Row

My mum would have called her " pig headed" a term she used for my sister when she was a teenager.
Another one she used was " wooly heid"

Gone of the thread a bit but could,my resist it.
Thanks Starry, One thing is certain. She may well have a good brain for business and a fine track record but she's not the first or the last who can't transfer the skills to the actual football side of the business

As a newspaper editor whose career spanned five decades -- from the 1970s to the 2010s -- I can attest that paragraphs like this would make any editor weep with joy:

"Hearts on the other hand had no such fall-back. From Budge’s blind spot with her Manager/Director of Football and Craig Levein’s own painfully slow unravelling of the fortunes of a club who went from league leaders to basement boys in the space of 12 months, to the appointment of Daniel Stendel, Hearts reasons for relegation had less to do with the Covid 19 shutdown and more to do with misplaced loyalty and football naivety. As a ship started to veer off course and when the captain was replaced, it was by a man who had never sailed these waters. Covid 19 or not Hearts vessel was already sunk."

Niall J is clearly the Odsonne Edouard of The Celtic Star's editorial team (and I bet he'd make a decent striker on the pitch for TCS's football squad, too . . .)

As a newspaper editor whose career spanned five decades -- from the 1970s to the 2010s -- I can attest that paragraphs like this would make any editor weep with joy:

"Hearts on the other hand had no such fall-back. From Budge’s blind spot with her Manager/Director of Football and Craig Levein’s own painfully slow unravelling of the fortunes of a club who went from league leaders to basement boys in the space of 12 months, to the appointment of Daniel Stendel, Hearts reasons for relegation had less to do with the Covid 19 shutdown and more to do with misplaced loyalty and football naivety. As a ship started to veer off course and when the captain was replaced, it was by a man who had never sailed these waters. Covid 19 or not Hearts vessel was already sunk."

Niall J is clearly the Odsonne Edouard of The Celtic Star's editorial team (and I bet he'd make a decent striker on the pitch for TCS's football squad, too . . .)
As The Sultans of Ping said 'Give him a ball and a yard of grass' Sadly a yard is the maximum I could cover these day without blowing out my backside:rolleyes:

High praise indeed Larry, thank you. I'll be after you for a reference :ROFLMAO:

Well guys you have certainly made my night! The Celtic Star was for out of some pretty disgraceful behaviour elsewhere but there's no point in getting mad when you can get even! And another point, The Celtic Star is ad light so the reader ie you, can enjoy without 3 million ads trying to load onto your device.

Well guys you have certainly made my night! The Celtic Star was for out of some pretty disgraceful behaviour elsewhere but there's no point in getting mad when you can get even! And another point, The Celtic Star is ad light so the reader ie you, can enjoy without 3 million ads trying to load onto your device.
Thanks WC. It is a good mix of current and historical articles, all excellently written by true fans who share our passion for the best club in the world. And as you say, it is easy to read without all the peripheral crap that usually accompanies other websites. 👍

Dark arts again? My good lady always says 'don't let the buzzards grind you down'..she doesn't swear much.
When she does I know I've blown it!

The huffing and puffing and persiflage is typical of the off season. Real football begins in just a few days. this is a season were there are just two possible outcomes. Celtic win the league and complete the Decima. Or Celtic lose and 10IAR is not achieved. The neighbours' bravado will come off with a bit of alcohol. Imagine in a week losing at Pittodrie and then in the Europa and I will smell their fear 12,000 miles away. We need three points from the Game on Sunday and three points from the games after that. Win after win after win. Can we not only win the league but win every game? The Invincibles. It all kicks off on Sunday.

Back