Annual Results to June 2021

Sorry Frank but totally disagree.
Business men in the football world hardly are working to much upon the here and now, they will be working upon the future and what it could bring in an ever changing European football market for which we would still want to be part of.
This 2 year world cup has already got legs with the main obstacle the European football market, but also a good chance it will happen, so would possibly have a huge effect upon European football and the structure.
What changes could that bring? Who knows.
Even in Scotland, I would guess the majority of our supporters would have more interest in celtic than Scotland as a whole.
So for example would we want calmac available more so for us than the national team?
In general now my first thought is about players returning safe and sound, more so than playing and doing well for there country, and I would say that exists among most bigger European teams.
Could it possibly lead to a break away from fifa? I wouldn't have a clue.
But what I would say, big changes are possibly on the way, as how can anyone explain to why we are still operating with such a large squad, bought in another 3 project players who aren't up for 1st team football with us, yet would have the ability to play for any other team within the spfl?
We are already in a position to break away, yet have a squad that will get no game time with us again this season, yet would have the ability to more than hold there own within the spfl.
Speculation for us yes, big business men like ours need to be in the know, to act according for the club in which direction it may take in the future imo.
Good post John but the one thing I cant see happening is a World Cup every 2 years no matter how Greedy FIFA and UEFA are.
This means there would be a European or World Final every year IMO if this was to happen it would be catastrophic for domestic football both British and European,we only need to look at our own Bhoys mate,we would have roughly 8 on international duty at the end of the season which means they would probably miss 2 or 3 weeks of pre-season this would put us on the backfoot immediately,we also have the Olympics to consider,even if we did not have any interest in the Olympics it is another obstacle to overcome..
I personally would not like to see a World Cup Final every 2 years definitely not fair on players or their clubs and definitely not fair on supporters who want to see the best on day 1 not day 21 after the season has started..

HH.

its just concentrated version of current sky league set up

barca have 1billion income circa pa

but have billion debt

not only do they get mega income they deserve billion extra finance

and it fair play lmao

man city can have a farm of talent and its fair lmao
It is disgusting TET. Plus the Spanish giants received illegal state aid as well - I wonder why UEFA never dealt with this (not really)?

i get my figures from the account results

we made a loss last season

even when we had 100M income from CL

we made 13 million profit including player sales

that means we are paying too much in bad result seasons and not getting CL benefits in good seasons since the extra gets chewed on bonuses probably cause our base wage budget is too high

At no point have i said we cant afford 20 k players

in fact we probably pay much more after players win things than 20k per first team player

problem is 20k players in uk market are not top players

they are projects or players willing to take less than uk market levels for their talents due to prestige or love of club and/pr gametime

gametime equals motivation

having big squad means you might have guys getting more than they deserve and that effects motivation as does results and opposition hype

the overall wage budget which includes all staff and players is too high

going by financial results in recent years

which affects profits and growth

And worst of all

20k players in UK market dont give you cutting edge at european levels

so you risk losing ko games against similar strength teams paying much less wages

wages dont indicate the talent you add

But they can give you a clue what market thinks about your skill

finding out a guy at another club who gets less than we can pay doesnt mean he will be willing to come to is if he can get more elsewhere and if you want him badly he might demand too much

paying 1 dude too much in comparison to other similar strength players at club means you will likely need t readjust wages across all your players or risk mutiny

5k a week in roumania might be more than 20k a week in glasgow

lots of factors totally obliterated in your analysis

which omits key things from the analysis

we dont have room in budget currently on wages to buy players outside our budget

that is clear from losses last season

so we need to shuffle in and out

and it seems in this wonky market over time the team gets weaker as our spending power is diminished
Right tet, not going to spend all night disagreeing with you on players wages and budgets when you have no idea as to what they are the same as myself.
Accounts from the end of June would look totally different to where they are today, so as a rule I don't really look back especially upon last season, for which them figures are based upon.
You Claim there's no room for increasing the wages budget based upon the accounts, yet wages from board members would also be included in the wages along with the women's team etc etc.
I will stay there is room to do, if we so wish to
So we'll just have to agree to disagree then.
But I would be very curious to know how you can explain, that we increased the wage bill last season with 3 new signings and went even further with was it 5/6 expensive loan signings, yet our wages bill was reduced by about 6M odd I think.
Surly you must find that strange

Right tet, not going to spend all night disagreeing with you on players wages and budgets when you have no idea as to what they are the same as myself.
Accounts from the end of June would look totally different to where they are today, so as a rule I don't really look back especially upon last season, for which them figures are based upon.
You Claim there's no room for increasing the wages budget based upon the accounts, yet wages from board members would also be included in the wages along with the women's team etc etc.
I will stay there is room to do, if we so wish to
So we'll just have to agree to disagree then.
But I would be very curious to know how you can explain, that we increased the wage bill last season with 3 new signings and went even further with was it 5/6 expensive loan signings, yet our wages bill was reduced by about 6M odd I think.
Surly you must find that strange
they accounts show we made a loss in season we didnt win treble
it showed a small profit in years we got CL

that tells you that base wages are too high

you can increase wage budget overall if you keep making profits but if you reach point where you dont make profit from last 32 EL and treble and some good player sales

then that tells you, you are paying the most you can afford with current set up

Thats just basic common sense

There is no significant wage increase for wages available unles we sell and replace with lower wage players who may not make team stronger in short term

there is room to gamble

But the gamble will not pay off if we get into debts because we would lose negotiating power

the current bank balance doesnt cover season working capital in itself which means we will need to utilise credit

the club is healthy though but thats because we are balancing the books by selling when we need to

but are we replacing the players on park with good enough short term?

And if we dont have the funds to bring in first team ready CL quality players we must gamble on projects who may not cut it, but might?

There is no room for significant wage players without a debt building model

And in scotland thats not a prudent plan unless you have a sugar daddy willing to cover shortfall

Its there in the accounts year in year out

if you focus purely on the superficial cash balance without taking into considerations of the bills for coming season you will start spending money thats needed to pay bills.

its pretty simple

can it be done better?

Maybe

But if the accounts are correct and they are approved by international auditors of high reputation

club is already paying wage levels that are too high for ordinary activity incomes

thats why we made a loss and dont make profits at all with good run in EL

unless we can continue to sell players for significant sums to cover the shortfall then we are forced into managed decline even with decent EL runs on current wage structures.

operating expenses were down to 80M year before last

which means we needed to make 80M to break even at start of last season or reduce wages

how much room for better wages can we add to 80M?

to this in 1 season

we reduced operating to 75 million

which means we need 75 million just to break even if op expenses remain the same

Last edited:
operating expenses were down to 80M

which means we need to make 80M to break even

how much room for better wages can we add to 80M?

to this in 1 season

we reduced operating to 75 million

which means we need 75 million just to break even if op expenses remain the same

You keep avoiding the point I'm trying to make, not that I would expect you to know the answer, as I wouldn't have a clue either.
Wages been paid out from the club would include pay for the board members also.
Bonus pay is possibly taken at the end of the season to pump the wage bill right up.
So i will still say there is plenty of room for change in player wages still.
Working on about an average income of 70M for past few seasons, with what I would guess at 30M in players wages and possibly being generous at that.
So 40M available within the club? as a very rough guess.
Those are the sort of figures supporters are looking at, and only becomes an issue if no success is delivered at all.
Don't bother to much about the accounts as such, as I'm looking at a totally different set of figures than yourself, but as the issue you claim is there isn't room for players wages, but sorry I'll have to remain to disagree

You keep avoiding the point I'm trying to make, not that I would expect you to know the answer, as I wouldn't have a clue either.
Wages been paid out from the club would include pay for the board members also.
Bonus pay is possibly taken at the end of the season to pump the wage bill right up.
So i will still say there is plenty of room for change in player wages still.
Working on about an average income of 70M for past few seasons, with what I would guess at 30M in players wages and possibly being generous at that.
So 40M available within the club? as a very rough guess.
Those are the sort of figures supporters are looking at, and only becomes an issue if no success is delivered at all.
Don't bother to much about the accounts as such, as I'm looking at a totally different set of figures than yourself, but as the issue you claim is there isn't room for players wages, but sorry I'll have to remain to disagree
your looking at a different set of accounts?

Which ones?

loss equals going backwards

if you win cl and make a loss then you went backwards not forwards

eg

celtic were in final against porto

made a loss

which means costs were too high, had to sell or reduce wages

you cant add value to squad if your making a loss without reducing wages first, that means you cant build from position of strength if that current strength costs too much for club

oniel fecked off

strachan came in and effectively reduced wages while still competing

managed decline oif you will

some fans look only at income and dont look at the bills

the bills need paid even if fans look at their own version of accounts

your looking at a different set of accounts?

Which ones?

loss equals going backwards

if you win cl and make a loss then you went backwards not forwards

eg

celtic were in final against porto

made a loss

which means costs were too high, had to sell or reduce wages

you cant add value to squad if your making a loss without reducing wages first, that means you cant build from position of strength if that current strength costs too much for club

oniel fecked off

strachan came in and effectively reduced wages while still competing

managed decline oif you will

some fans look only at income and dont look at the bills

the bills need paid even if fans look at their own version of accounts
What has 20 years ago got to do with today's finances of the club?

What has 20 years ago got to do with today's finances of the club?
its the same principle then
now tomorrow

if you make a loss you dont have room to increase wages unless you can offset that increase by a bigger revenue

its same thing rodgers gave club

excessive waged players for our income

its same thing murray gave deadco except they only look at revenues and screw the bills

if the bills are too high to point of losses

your paying too much currently than you can afford

therefore you dont have room to ncrease costs unless you reduce costy first

its the same principle then
now tomorrow

if you make a loss you dont have room to increase wages unless you can offset that increase by a bigger revenue

its same thing rodgers gave club

excessive waged players for our income

its same thing murray gave deadco except they only look at revenues and screw the bills

if the bills are too high to point of losses

your paying too much currently than you can afford

therefore you dont have room to ncrease costs unless you reduce costy first
The only principle that stays the same is the board members take the biggest cut of the money generated by the club.
The supporters guarantee an income into the club, which they do, in return for a successful team on the pitch, which they have done in Scotland but rather lined there own pockets than invest in the team, hence the reason so many supporters are against this current board.
Only interested in the current state of affairs, not on accounts based on last season, when so much has changed financially since June.
Money in the bank, profit from the summer sales, more settled squad with players contracts, ST sales very good, returned revenue from European nights etc etc.
No problem whatsoever on the income streams this season, and hope it remains that way.
How that 70M at least is going to be spent between here and next June, I couldn't care less if it delivers the league title at least.
Deliver that and the income streams increase yet again with CL group football.
So nothing whatsoever to be concerned about within the financial side of the club, with still room to invest further if we should need to in January imo.
So will bid you goodnight tet

The only principle that stays the same is the board members take the biggest cut of the money generated by the club.
The supporters guarantee an income into the club, which they do, in return for a successful team on the pitch, which they have done in Scotland but rather lined there own pockets than invest in the team, hence the reason so many supporters are against this current board.
Only interested in the current state of affairs, not on accounts based on last season, when so much has changed financially since June.
Money in the bank, profit from the summer sales, more settled squad with players contracts, ST sales very good, returned revenue from European nights etc etc.
No problem whatsoever on the income streams this season, and hope it remains that way.
How that 70M at least is going to be spent between here and next June, I couldn't care less if it delivers the league title at least.
Deliver that and the income streams increase yet again with CL group football.
So nothing whatsoever to be concerned about within the financial side of the club, with still room to invest further if we should need to in January imo.
So will bid you goodnight tet
not according to the accounts

had club not got into EL this season we would not reach anywhere near 70 Million

CL group is very possible but unless we need to win league imo

And with honest mistakes its getting harder

And the current costs increase further with CL qualification bonuses

So again the margin to improve the current squad is catch 22

And its limited by the already huge operation costs

total director remuneration last season was 1.5 million, 3.9 the year before that

And i doubt you can get better results for less from directors, possible but i dont see top execs wanting it for less

its just concentrated version of current sky league set up

barca have 1billion income circa pa

but have billion debt

not only do they get mega income they deserve billion extra finance

and it fair play lmao

man city can have a farm of talent and its fair lmao
What these clubs do is hoover up all the talent which medium sized clubs would of bought in the past. They know they will never play in the first team. They then start pimping them out to the clubs that would of bought them for their first team. They bring in a big loan fee, the player gets developed and plays first team football. They then repeat the process the following couple of seasons and then sell the player.
The medium sized clubs are screwed. They have to pay a loan fee. They then develop the player and give him first team football. They don't get any money from selling the player as they would have done if the super clubs hadn't hoovered the players up for the loan scam.
UEFA and FIFA have been pandering to these super clubs for for to long. They have fucked the game up

Members online

Latest posts

Back