Another honest mistake

VAR will it make a difference you would like to think so,but like all of on here we look at past games and remember the times the so called Refs allowed Celtic to be Rugby tackled studs up,scissor kicks pushing dragged down even in the penalty box this is not a recent event it goes back decades no matter it was there for all to see with thier defenders in the Media honest mistakes had his back to it the linesmen should flag it,.will VAR make any difference don’t know I’m sure there people looking to get round it not as far fetched as you think,but it will be a record of what took place and in the public eye, no doubt there will be some cloggers in teams to stop others even if yellow or red cared they will there to do thier worst with the men in black unseen with nothing from VAR to refer to hope not but history tell me different

VAR will it make a difference you would like to think so,but like all of on here we look at past games and remember the times the so called Refs allowed Celtic to be Rugby tackled studs up,scissor kicks pushing dragged down even in the penalty box this is not a recent event it goes back decades no matter it was there for all to see with thier defenders in the Media honest mistakes had his back to it the linesmen should flag it,.will VAR make any difference don’t know I’m sure there people looking to get round it not as far fetched as you think,but it will be a record of what took place and in the public eye, no doubt there will be some cloggers in teams to stop others even if yellow or red cared they will there to do thier worst with the men in black unseen with nothing from VAR to refer to hope not but history tell me different

VAR decision by unbiased Hun VAR Official

Celtic player assaulted = it was only a coming together

Hun player dives anywhere around the box = penalty to Sevco

SFA / SPFL VAR Training Day 1.
The five key principles on which VAR is based :

Rule 1.
What does VAR stand for ?
Answer : VAR = View Assist 'Rangers'

Rule 2:
What is the purpose of VAR ?
Answer: VAR = Verdicts Aid 'Rangers'.

Rule 3.
If in doubt about the interpretation in Rule 1 then apply Rule 3:
Answer: Verdict Assists 'Rangers'.

Rule 4.
What should be looked for in making a decision ?
Answer: Verdict Adujication 'Rangers'.

Rule 5.
Every official's default position in all instances and without exception must be ?
Answer: Void Against 'Rangers'

Homework in preparation for Day 2.
Study these key rules that underpin VAR. Learn them off by heart. Identify as many scenarios as possible, where you can apply them consistently and without fail. Be creative.

Last edited:
SFA / SPFL VAR Training Day 1.
The five key principles on which VAR is based :

Rule 1.
What does VAR stand for ?
Answer : VAR = View Assist 'Rangers'

Rule 2:
What is the purpose of VAR ?
Answer: VAR = Verdicts Aid 'Rangers'.

Rule 3.
If in doubt about the interpretation in Rule 1 then apply Rule 3:
Answer: Verdict Assists 'Rangers'.

Rule 4.
What should be looked for in making a decision ?
Answer: Verdict Adujication 'Rangers'.

Rule 5.
Every official's default position in all instances and without exception must be ?
Answer: Void Against 'Rangers'

Homework in preparation for Day 2.
Study these key rules that underpin VAR. Learn them off by heart. Identify as many scenarios as possible, where you can apply them consistently and without fail. Be creative.
VAR - Vermin ARE Rangers vermin FC .jpg

It’s truly disgraceful…
They had a long in depth discussion about it on Sportscene - oh no, that's right they just ignored it. I mean why bother highlighting a blatant penalty and second yellow which would have massively changed the game.

Instead we get to enjoy Peanut Heid stating as fact that the Motherwell striker would have simply performed a Henrik like lob to chip the keeper and score a simple equaliser (there is a reason why he plays for Motherwell rather than a big club) - now I agree it should be red for CalMac but the same hundits tied themselves in knots justifying a sevco player not being penalised for a similar, but more aggressive, incident just last month!

For years the bbc begged the dead club to let them back in to their pressers.then with their tales between thier legs they grovelled thier way back in don't expect anything no matter how obvious to come out of the bbc pro celtic thier a shower of shite who's colours are tied firmly to tha mast.

The already booked Lamie blocks a shot with his raised hand which everyone understands is a straight booking (so he is off) and penalty. Of course, cheating Beaton and his colleagues decide this is an acceptable way to stop Celtic attacks these days!

View attachment 20333

Serious question: Is this a call the linesman can make rather than the referee who, in this case, has shit in his eyes, clearly leaking from his brain? Let's suppose -- and I know it's a stretch -- that Beaton missed it and the linesman, who is usually aligned with where the ball is, sees it. Can the linesman make the call?

Serious question: Is this a call the linesman can make rather than the referee who, in this case, has shit in his eyes, clearly leaking from his brain? Let's suppose -- and I know it's a stretch -- that Beaton missed it and the linesman, who is usually aligned with where the ball is, sees it. Can the linesman make the call?
Absolutely, he can let Cheaton know and if he blows the whistle they can confer
It's how Broony was sent off against them before
Play stops, and they talk, and...decision..."It's a penalty to the rearrangers"
FTM

Last edited:
Oh yes, they are miked up and the assistant ref should be telling the ref it is a handball and penalty. Beaton was yards from it with an unrestricted view and signalled that the ball hit his shoulder. The assistant's angle would have meant he saw the arm being raised to block the cross. Between the two of them there is no excuses for them to miss the clear and obvious mistake, apart from the fact that Beaton publicly flaunts his support of our biggest (and newest) rivals and so is unable to overcome his inherent bias against us.

Back