Another honest mistake

Serious question: Is this a call the linesman can make rather than the referee who, in this case, has shit in his eyes, clearly leaking from his brain? Let's suppose -- and I know it's a stretch -- that Beaton missed it and the linesman, who is usually aligned with where the ball is, sees it. Can the linesman make the call?

Yep. But against Celtic, that would never happen. Had you found Celtic during the Ronny years Larry??
We had an extra official behind the goals for cup games. In that match we had a linesman, a ref and an official behind the goal all ignore a clear handball and red card.

View attachment 20348
......official behind the goal was there and had an even better view.....
A wee reminder that Steve MacLean who was 5 yards away and ignored the deliberate handball to save a clear goal had a brother who used to be signed to Rangers and who chose to play for Ulster despite being Scottish, so we know exactly how they grew up in that household!

• Scottish Cup Semi-Final at Hampden Park
  • 1-1 at full time, 3-2 to ICT after extra time.
  • Uproar from Celtic fans as Celtic not given clear blatant penalty from handball which would have been two nil if converted before half time.
  • Craig Gordon sent off for last man challenge/foul. Zaluska took his place and conceded three goals.
  • For some reason the Celtic players were skidding and sliding all over the pitch, yet didn't seem to affect the ICT players as much.
  • Celtic were aiming for treble in Deila's first season. Finishing now with the double of league and league cup instead, still a wonderful achievement.
  • Falkirk beat Hibernian 1-0 in other match to reach final.
  • Fans in uproar as this match was scheduled for 12.15pm, which doesn't help the ICT fans get to the stadium easily (especially due to rail times). Sadly little support from MSM over this.
  • Celtic made public statement and complaint about the ticket prices being excessive for one of the Celtic ends (North Stand).
  • Celtic have lost 5 games in #Scotland this season. Steven McLean has been referee for 3 of them. #SPFL #ScottishFA are not fit for purpose

Serious question: Is this a call the linesman can make rather than the referee who, in this case, has shit in his eyes, clearly leaking from his brain? Let's suppose -- and I know it's a stretch -- that Beaton missed it and the linesman, who is usually aligned with where the ball is, sees it. Can the linesman make the call?
I remember a Diets v Deidco game. It was near the end of season and every point was crucial. Can’t remember exactly when though. Hugh Dallas was the referee. It was either 2-2 or 2-1 the diets with about 8 mins left. The linesman put his flag up and told Dallas to give Deidco a penalty for an imaginary foul. A Hearts player (Mikalounis) was given a ban for man handling the cheating linesman. If I remember correctly the point or points in that game won the league. (When Deidco won the league on penalty difference?)
Does anyone remember when this was?

Nick Walsh is fast becoming the Ibrokes club's most valuable person on the pitch. He put in another MotM performance on Saturday 8th October 2022 to totally ease the pressure from his beloved bluenoses by gifting them yet another "very soft" penalty. In 22 matches that Walsh has refereed them he has gifted the club whose youth players he is paid to teach 17 penalties!!!

For some unknown reason, the BBC (who love to share tv clips online when their hundits get a chance to stir up controversy if discussing an incident that favoured Celtic) have not posted a link highlighting the terrible refereeing decision to relieve the pressure on sevco - as we saw yesterday, being just 1 up with 20 minutes left is a pecarious position to find yourself in.

Below is a report on the BBC discussion:

Kenny Miller and Stuart Kettlewell both agreed that the penalty Rangers won in the win over St Mirren should not have been given by Nick Walsh.

Antonio Colak, scorer of two in the 4-0 victory, went down just before the half-hour after a near-post challenge from visiting defender Declan Gallagher, with captain James Tavernier scoring down the middle to make it 2-0 after the referee had pointed to the spot.

But the two pundits felt that the decision was harsh because the defender had got the ball before the Croatia international.

Speaking live on BBC Sportscene on Saturday night (8 October, 8.06pm) Kettlewell said: “It’s excellent striker play but for me it’s not a penalty. I think the big defender gets a clean enough touch on the ball.

“Maybe the movement from Colak afterwards, to jump up in the air, has maybe sold the referee in this case. But again, you’ve got to call it as it is. It’s not a penalty, it’s good defending.”

Miller added: “I would love to say it’s a stone waller, but I’d have to say big Declan Gallagher’s definitely got the first touch.

“[He] no doubt got the sole of his foot on that ball so it’s a harsh decision. James Tavernier steps up and he maybe gets a wee bit fortunate.”

Nick Walsh is fast becoming the Ibrokes club's most valuable person on the pitch. He put in another MotM performance on Saturday 8th October 2022 to totally ease the pressure from his beloved bluenoses by gifting them yet another "very soft" penalty. In 22 matches that Walsh has refereed them he has gifted the club whose youth players he is paid to teach 17 penalties!!!

For some unknown reason, the BBC (who love to share tv clips online when their hundits get a chance to stir up controversy if discussing an incident that favoured Celtic) have not posted a link highlighting the terrible refereeing decision to relieve the pressure on sevco - as we saw yesterday, being just 1 up with 20 minutes left is a pecarious position to find yourself in.

Below is a report on the BBC discussion:

Kenny Miller and Stuart Kettlewell both agreed that the penalty Rangers won in the win over St Mirren should not have been given by Nick Walsh.

Antonio Colak, scorer of two in the 4-0 victory, went down just before the half-hour after a near-post challenge from visiting defender Declan Gallagher, with captain James Tavernier scoring down the middle to make it 2-0 after the referee had pointed to the spot.

But the two pundits felt that the decision was harsh because the defender had got the ball before the Croatia international.

Speaking live on BBC Sportscene on Saturday night (8 October, 8.06pm) Kettlewell said: “It’s excellent striker play but for me it’s not a penalty. I think the big defender gets a clean enough touch on the ball.

“Maybe the movement from Colak afterwards, to jump up in the air, has maybe sold the referee in this case. But again, you’ve got to call it as it is. It’s not a penalty, it’s good defending.”

Miller added: “I would love to say it’s a stone waller, but I’d have to say big Declan Gallagher’s definitely got the first touch.

“[He] no doubt got the sole of his foot on that ball so it’s a harsh decision. James Tavernier steps up and he maybe gets a wee bit fortunate.”

All laughing about it. Can you imagine that was Celtic!! Fucking hell, they'd all be frothing at the mouth, demanding that Celtic forfeit the points and the striker be banned.

Incase you haven't seen this absolute belter of a call by sevco youth coach, Walsh.
Ball won by defender. Hun falls over. Penalty....why the fuck aren't scum opposition mangers and boards calling this shit out!!!
Thanks Lubo. The BBC usually post these on their website and twtter feeds but they haven't shared it this week. Obviously Lint recorded it and posted it - he is usually a good source for this type of crap.

All laughing about it. Can you imagine that was Celtic!! Fucking hell, they'd all be frothing at the mouth, demanding that Celtic forfeit the points and the striker be banned.
But Colak was "clever" by launching himself into the air and rolling about feigning injury. For any other team it is diving & cheating but when a sevco player does it then it is "good forward play". 🤬🤬🤬

But Colak was "clever" by launching himself into the air and rolling about feigning injury. For any other team it is diving & cheating but when a sevco player does it then it is "good forward play". 🤬🤬🤬

Exactly. Remember when that hearts player, might be that big dud who is now at the scum, grabbed Kyogos stomach and twisted his skin, marking him in the process. Infact, last season Kyogo was targeted by the hammer throwers and these arseholes were saying he needs toughen up and stop falling over. They called Kyogo a cheat!!! When he was actually being hit. And here they are, praising a hun for cheating!!

Members online

Latest posts

Back