Anthony Ralston

Everyone is full of praise for Ralston this season because he's been better than we expected. I think it's a bit overboard. If you consider the goals we've conceded this season, he's usually at fault in some way.

I never ever thought he was that bad but I also don't think he's that good.

Everyone is full of praise for Ralston this season because he's been better than we expected. I think it's a bit overboard. If you consider the goals we've conceded this season, he's usually at fault in some way.

I never ever thought he was that bad but I also don't think he's that good.
Bit harsh Larry imo.
Yes to many goals have come from his side of the pitch, but I would put that down more so to the lack of cover he gets with the system Ange has opted for.
Far to open on the right side without the ball and the space between Ralston and the winger is massive, especially with the inverted role been used still.
Overall, I think he has done very well in stepping up to the mark in a position that has become so demanding in decision making and use of the ball.

Bit harsh Larry imo.
Yes to many goals have come from his side of the pitch, but I would put that down more so to the lack of cover he gets with the system Ange has opted for.
Far to open on the right side without the ball and the space between Ralston and the winger is massive, especially with the inverted role been used still.
Overall, I think he has done very well in stepping up to the mark in a position that has become so demanding in decision making and use of the ball.

I've been impressed with him, like I say. So much so that I think he should be given a new contract (he only signed a one-year extension in the summer, I think).

But I think if he's a first-team option then he needs to be judged according to that criteria. For example, he's been more culpable than Starfelt and yet people are much keener to criticise the Swede. Big Ralston has lost his man several times at goals and he's often a bit slow in getting back.

Bottom line - I'd trust Ange to help him keep improving. He has a great attitude and a lot of potential.

(I don't know why I called him "Big Ralston" - he's two inches shorter than me and I'm not that big. Hmm that could be another issue 🤔)

Bit harsh Larry imo.
If the goals down the right dry up against us when Juranovic plays then the conundrum is solved and we go get another natural left back, Ralston and Taylor become squad players and we will have a near perfect defence Centre back area is well covered when Julien returns.

It's a strange one with Ralston. Without question he needs to improve in his overall game, I think it would be true to say we need better. Thing for me is, when he's not playing we actually miss his commitment and aggression. As far as I'm concerned anybody who wants his place should be up for showing at least the same attitude.
Definitely a player worth having around the squad. A replacement for Broony ? Nae chance.

If the goals down the right dry up against us when Juranovic plays then the conundrum is solved and we go get another natural left back, Ralston and Taylor become squad players and we will have a near perfect defence Centre back area is well covered when Julien returns.
It's a funny old game right enough boab.
While I think it's true to say Julien is probably the best CH at the club, I simply don't think he's the answer. Just doesn't dominate enough for me. And, for such a big guy, he gets bullied far too often. Be delighted if he comes back and proves me wrong.

Still say its more of a system failure than a defensive issue boab, when last Sunday really highlighted it with josip playing and betis exploited it with Ralston in the team.
2 totally different type of players in there own right, yet both being asked to play the same role?
Still think Ralston is the better option in the current system with the players available imo.

I've been impressed with him, like I say. So much so that I think he should be given a new contract (he only signed a one-year extension in the summer, I think).

But I think if he's a first-team option then he needs to be judged according to that criteria. For example, he's been more culpable than Starfelt and yet people are much keener to criticise the Swede. Big Ralston has lost his man several times at goals and he's often a bit slow in getting back.

Bottom line - I'd trust Ange to help him keep improving. He has a great attitude and a lot of potential.

(I don't know why I called him "Big Ralston" - he's two inches shorter than me and I'm not that big. Hmm that could be another issue 🤔)
Would be shocking in Ralston wasn't offered a new improved contract Larry as certainly earned it already.
Say Ange has possibly saved his career as such, as I would say the club would have been prepared to offload him.
How he wasn't given a chance last season when John Jo was muck still find mysterious and raises the question around JK still

Would be shocking in Ralston wasn't offered a new improved contract Larry as certainly earned it already.
Say Ange has possibly saved his career as such, as I would say the club would have been prepared to offload him.
How he wasn't given a chance last season when John Jo was muck still find mysterious and raises the question around JK still
TBF Ralston was out on loan at two teams in Scotland and was gash, not much good things were been reported; this i believe is last chance saloon for him and every game for him is his cup final, he deserves to be in the squad with a deal given of that i have no issues and he used be used dependent on the game plan for the games in hand to come. I like the guy and have always hoped he would step up to the plate, he is a good honest grafter and a Celtic man to boot, so good luck to him and i will always encourage him when he plays and want the best for him, that he deserves from the support, not many like him in the attitude department.

TBF Ralston was out on loan at two teams in Scotland and was gash, not much good things were been reported; this i believe is last chance saloon for him and every game for him is his cup final, he deserves to be in the squad with a deal given of that i have no issues and he used be used dependent on the game plan for the games in hand to come. I like the guy and have always hoped he would step up to the plate, he is a good honest grafter and a Celtic man to boot, so good luck to him and i will always encourage him when he plays and want the best for him, that he deserves from the support, not many like him in the attitude department.
We can tend to forget how young Ralston still remains boab, at times with still learning his trade.
Still produced some very memorable moments in the season to date, with possibly only kyogo provided more so far

Funny I don’t think Juranovic looks as good as Ralston goin forward.
appreciate its early days but love that Ralston patently gives 100% every game. Can’t say that about them all, imo
HH

Funny I don’t think Juranovic looks as good as Ralston goin forward.
appreciate its early days but love that Ralston patently gives 100% every game. Can’t say that about them all, imo
HH
Maybe that's the issue with Ralston, when he is not forward we are a man down, we have to remember when we sign defenders who can also overlap, their main function however is to defend when required. Sometimes we need to soak up pressure and thats when experience and nerve comes in and Juranovic has that in abundance if his international record is laid bare.

It's a funny old game right enough boab.
While I think it's true to say Julien is probably the best CH at the club, I simply don't think he's the answer. Just doesn't dominate enough for me. And, for such a big guy, he gets bullied far too often. Be delighted if he comes back and proves me wrong.
Aye, its easy to forget before Julien got injured he had been going thru a pretty torrid time and questions were being asked of him. Hope he comes back the same way when he first arrived, again for me, it all comes back to the coaching, if thats not right, good players go bad.

Ralston has been consistently good in his roll in the team so far this season.
A consistent 7.5/10 for me.
His effort and endeavor is first class
Other player's need to tap into some of that. Need lads to buy into what this clubs all about, it should be an honor to pull on the Hoops.

Back