Any builders on the Noise?

Yes there's defo something fishy about letting one company takeover just about every other taxi company. It smells of 💩 to me and yet no one is saying a word.

I feel as if there aren't as many hackneys on the road these days as I can never find one to flag down if I can't get a bus. That didn't used to be a problem.
Will only get worse as the omission thing comes into play!!if a was a cynical cunt a would say the council are trying their damdest to cull the Hackney’s !!!who could possibly benefit from that...

Satnav ???? Behave ! I said I was a cabbie...a REAL cabbie.....a walking satnav !
Talking of deliveries ( and I know I'm goin' to be asked to resign my membership of The Noise for this). I once picked up the premier league trophy at the airport, and delivered it.......to Ipox ! Well, they say confession is good for the soul. Please don't ha

Satnav ???? Behave ! I said I was a cabbie...a REAL cabbie.....a walking satnav !
Talking of deliveries ( and I know I'm goin' to be asked to resign my membership of The Noise for this). I once picked up the premier league trophy at the airport, and delivered it.......to Ipox ! Well, they say confession is good for the soul. Please don't haud it against me.
Musta been a long time ago!!

Yes there's defo something fishy about letting one company takeover just about every other taxi company. It smells of 💩 to me and yet no one is saying a word.

I feel as if there aren't as many hackneys on the road these days as I can never find one to flag down if I can't get a bus. That didn't used to be a problem.
It's quite refreshing to read your comments Shammy, but the sad thing is you're in the minority as far as the great Glasgow public goes. Believe it or not covid had much to do with the lack of cabs. Not because they're all suffering from the virus. No, simply because the lack of work due to the virus meant that the folk who didn't own their cab had to quit due to lack of earnings. They were still duty bound to pay their weigh-in. An impossible situation. Don't want to get bogged down with this topic and bore my fellow Noisers, all I'll say is much of the cab trade's problems are self inflicted.

It's quite refreshing to read your comments Shammy, but the sad thing is you're in the minority as far as the great Glasgow public goes. Believe it or not covid had much to do with the lack of cabs. Not because they're all suffering from the virus. No, simply because the lack of work due to the virus meant that the folk who didn't own their cab had to quit due to lack of earnings. They were still duty bound to pay their weigh-in. An impossible situation. Don't want to get bogged down with this topic and bore my fellow Noisers, all I'll say is much of the cab trade's problems are self inflicted.
Agree Frank. During lockdown it was difficult to get either a private or hackney as many drivers had left the job to work for Amazon or just eat and deliveroo etc because at least they were guaranteed a wage, and who can blame them?

Correct much of the problems were self inflicted,lots of self employed guys for years weren’t declaring real income so when it came to claiming furlough they had boxed themselves into a corner!!obviousley no one forseen this shitty thing happening!!!anyway back to the fitbaw talk☘️☘️

It won’t shamrock ,Hackney guys have got tooooo many regulations and hoops to jump threw compared to private’s,,,it’s shockin that they have been allowed to monopolise !,gangsterism at its finest,,aided and abetted by brown envolope culture...
The council enforcement unit are terrified of the gangster run pirates and concentrate on the black hacks to keep their conviction rates up

Glasgow’s turning into Greenock then
One taxi company end of

What’s a black Hackney, is that not politically incorrect 🤪

Now that Glasgo have bought over most of the other private hire companies a monopoly situation seems to have gone right over GCC's head. 🤔

This should hopefully give the black hacks a chance to get their customers back.
I know bugger all about the private hire situation in Glasgow but one big company taking over their industry is just capitalism reaching its logical conclusion follow the food chain far enough up and there are only a few companies that own everything

Members online

Back