Any builders on the Noise?

An Arab sheik had 3 sons and he wanted to know what they wanted for Xmas. The oldest lad said "Da I always loved boats" so he bought him the QE2, next lad said "Da you know I love planes" so he bought him a 747 and the youngest lad says "Da you know I love John Wayne and Clint Eastwood so all I want is a cowboy outfit" so he bought him Sevco.

I doubt that very much Mr De Niro. I drove black hacks for ten year and almost every day was war 😡
I worked as a Glasgow cabbie for close to 44 years Miktim. I loved the job for most of that time. Way back in the seventies I decided to do the knowledge and get my badge. The plan was to work my ass off to get us on our feet, after which I would go back to my trade. I thought, maybe three years would do it as the job was more than ok back then. Thing is, I loved the job so much I decided to get my own cab. Absolutely no regrets.j

I worked as a Glasgow cabbie for close to 44 years Miktim. I loved the job for most of that time. Way back in the seventies I decided to do the knowledge and get my badge. The plan was to work my ass off to get us on our feet, after which I would go back to my trade. I thought, maybe three years would do it as the job was more than ok back then. Thing is, I loved the job so much I decided to get my own cab. Absolutely no regrets.j
I done night shift late eighties early nineties just as the amount of pirates in the city quadrupled the same, the same time as the drug problem rocketed. There was many good times at it Frank as you know but as my patience to be benevolent to arseholes wore out I was at odds with the council , enforcement, coppers and TOA. If I didn’t get out when I did I think I would definitely have ended up in one of Lizzies hotels 😂

I done night shift late eighties early nineties just as the amount of pirates in the city quadrupled the same, the same time as the drug problem rocketed. There was many good times at it Frank as you know but as my patience to be benevolent to arseholes wore out I was at odds with the council , enforcement, coppers and TOA. If I didn’t get out when I did I think I would definitely have ended up in one of Lizzies hotels 😂
I can understand that ok . I also did nights, but believe it or not, I did it because I preferred it. Obviously havin' my own cab gave me the freedom to choose. But you're absolutely right, it became a free for all with unlicensed pirates stealing a big chunk of your ability to earn a living. The city fathers, and the other powers that be, have a great deal to answer for.
The business had changed beyond recognition.

I can understand that ok . I also did nights, but believe it or not, I did it because I preferred it. Obviously havin' my own cab gave me the freedom to choose. But you're absolutely right, it became a free for all with unlicensed pirates stealing a big chunk of your ability to earn a living. The city fathers, and the other powers that be, have a great deal to answer for.
The business had changed beyond recognition.
It’s a wonder they can see out there screens now?sat-nav,,delivery phones??a nonsense,,you either deliver food or you deliver people!!stoopid council,,,too bizzy taking back handers,,

It’s a wonder they can see out there screens now?sat-nav,,delivery phones??a nonsense,,you either deliver food or you deliver people!!stoopid council,,,too bizzy taking back handers,,
Satnav ???? Behave ! I said I was a cabbie...a REAL cabbie.....a walking satnav !
Talking of deliveries ( and I know I'm goin' to be asked to resign my membership of The Noise for this). I once picked up the premier league trophy at the airport, and delivered it.......to Ipox ! Well, they say confession is good for the soul. Please don't haud it against me.

Satnav ???? Behave ! I said I was a cabbie...a REAL cabbie.....a walking satnav !
Talking of deliveries ( and I know I'm goin' to be asked to resign my membership of The Noise for this). I once picked up the premier league trophy at the airport, and delivered it.......to Ipox ! Well, they say confession is good for the soul. Please don't haud it against me.
My bro-in-laws claim to fame is he had the scottish cup in his cab delivered it to some studio??am sceptical of anything a cabbie says!!!”there’s nae money in this game”or the bottle a Irn brew upside doon at the meter no havin some effect on the fare??🕵🏻‍♂️😂

Now that Glasgo have bought over most of the other private hire companies a monopoly situation seems to have gone right over GCC's head. 🤔

This should hopefully give the black hacks a chance to get their customers back.
It won’t shamrock ,Hackney guys have got tooooo many regulations and hoops to jump threw compared to private’s,,,it’s shockin that they have been allowed to monopolise !,gangsterism at its finest,,aided and abetted by brown envolope culture...

My bro-in-laws claim to fame is he had the scottish cup in his cab delivered it to some studio??am sceptical of anything a cabbie says!!!”there’s nae money in this game”or the bottle a Irn brew upside doon at the meter no havin some effect on the fare??🕵🏻‍♂️😂
Well, how's this then ? I had the scottish cup in the hoose, for a whole day ! Nothing to do with being a cabbie. Celtic very kindly allowed us to have it at a supporters dance. I'm sure I've got pics somewhere.

It won’t shamrock ,Hackney guys have got tooooo many regulations and hoops to jump threw compared to private’s,,,it’s shockin that they have been allowed to monopolise !,gangsterism at its finest,,aided and abetted by brown envolope culture...
Yes there's defo something fishy about letting one company takeover just about every other taxi company. It smells of 💩 to me and yet no one is saying a word.

I feel as if there aren't as many hackneys on the road these days as I can never find one to flag down if I can't get a bus. That didn't used to be a problem.

Well, how's this then ? I had the scottish cup in the hoose, for a whole day ! Nothing to do with being a cabbie. Celtic very kindly allowed us to have it at a supporters dance. I'm sure I've got pics somewhere.
That sounds awrite☘️Obviously not from the schemes then frank??

Members online

Latest posts

Back