Any of you notice Griffiths conduct as he was being subbed on ?

Griff was trying to sort out his boots at the time, so why not wait until he is done before trying to give him instructions. I'm not sure why he wasn't ready - but this does seem to be the way most subs are these days. If you are wanting to pass on this so very important information then why wait until the last second before passing it on? Tell the player a couple of minutes before you sub him on to get ready and then explain to him these ground-breaking tactics you want him to employ before you advise the 4th official that you want to make the sub. Or is just being better organised just too fecking simple?

I'm not a professional football player or manager or coach and I certainly believe griff has blown his last chance. His attitude last few games has been terrible......but.....he is a professional football player. He spends time in training, where it would appear that not very much of anything is being coached. He then sits on the bench time and again watching eddy run into players, Ajeti fall over and christie sky the ball at every opportunity. Playing in his position. He sat and watched that game from the bench and watched the bottom team in the league follow their managers tactics, which out manoeuvred and outplayed our "coaches" and their "tactics"....so as he's standing there and Strachan is giving him instruction, that have completely failed the whole game, he is probably thinking in his own head..."you don't have a fucking clue mate, sit down with your PowerPoint presentation and let me get on the park to try and put the ball in the net"

This may seem a bit OTT, but I believe Griff returning to pre-season obviously well out of condition played a major part in our collapse. Let me be clear, I'm not blaming him for our collapse; but a fit Griffiths would've been a major asset. He let the club, the supporters, and himself down badly.

If you throw in the Boli fiasco along with the FF debacle; coupled with allowing Gordon to leave BEFORE we had a replacement, well, it wasn't the best of starts.

Yes, I think Griff's time may be coming to an end.

Would you say colbhoy it would still be in our best interests to keep hold of griff?
I personally think we may have seen the best of him.
I would also say lennys man management skills regarding griff seem to have been non existent and would make you wonder if they actually do see eye to eye.
No idea how long his current contract runs for, and with our striking options not looking to great as things stand it's also a worry looking ahead
That's the dilemma John
This may seem a bit OTT, but I believe Griff returning to pre-season obviously well out of condition played a major part in our collapse. Let me be clear, I'm not blaming him for our collapse; but a fit Griffiths would've been a major asset. He let the club, the supporters, and himself down badly.

If you throw in the Boli fiasco along with the FF debacle; coupled with allowing Gordon to leave BEFORE we had a replacement, well, it wasn't the best of starts.

Sadly Frank :mad:

I'm not a professional football player or manager or coach and I certainly believe griff has blown his last chance. His attitude last few games has been terrible......but.....he is a professional football player. He spends time in training, where it would appear that not very much of anything is being coached. He then sits on the bench time and again watching eddy run into players, Ajeti fall over and christie sky the ball at every opportunity. Playing in his position. He sat and watched that game from the bench and watched the bottom team in the league follow their managers tactics, which out manoeuvred and outplayed our "coaches" and their "tactics"....so as he's standing there and Strachan is giving him instruction, that have completely failed the whole game, he is probably thinking in his own head..."you don't have a fucking clue mate, sit down with your PowerPoint presentation and let me get on the park to try and put the ball in the net"
Yet the "hottest" striker in the English championship would have "walked" to Celtic park following Strach ???

It shows how bad our training and conditioning is that griff turns up to training out of shape at the start of the season and yet isn't anymore unfit than the whole 1st team that are blowing out their arses after the 1st half hour of a match.

I do not have a clear opinion on Gavin Strachan because WE cannot really assess his qualities but I have to say this guys. He was trying to give instructions to Griffiths as he was preparing to come on and the ignorant bastard did not even have the courtesy to stand up from putting his shin pads in to listen to his instructions. I believe that it showed a total lack of respect for the coach and the team and for the first time in Griffiths Celtic career I thought "That c*nt should not get another f*cking game this season " :mad::mad::mad:
I agree with you on the point about Gavin Strachan. I feel it's impossible for me to arrive at an opinion on the guy. As you say, we don't really see him at training. Because of the failures of this season he may very well be tainted due to things outside his control. Also have no problem with him using his laptop; we see coaches/managers taking notes all the time, writing things down. It's no different as far as I'm concerned. Whether he has a future at the club is another question.

I completely agree re The Griff, then add on Eddy being missing for ages because of covid. Thats our attack gone, Klimala and Ajeti have never reached their level.
Losing Forster was a huge blow, letting Gordon go was a mistake, replacing him with Barkas was a disaster and completely unsettled the defence, add in Duffy to unsettle them a bit more.
Midfield - Christie was great last season, total pish this season and how many goals and assists did wee Forrest get us last year? Missed his contribution a lot.

A fit and firing Eddy and Griff up front.
A fit Forrest and functioning Christie in midfield.
A decent keeper between the posts.
And Duffy somewhere in England and I don't think our season would have turned out like this.

It shows how bad our training and conditioning is that griff turns up to training out of shape at the start of the season and yet isn't anymore unfit than the whole 1st team that are blowing out their arses after the 1st half hour of a match.
You could have a point Llp, but Griff wasn't even fit enough to start at the same level as the rest. On his game the guy is the best finisher at the club. Out of condition he's ordinary. It's beginning to look like he's one of those players who'll leave the game before his time. Hope I'm wrong.

As much as i loath lennon right now for the mess were in he can't be faulted in his handling of the useless waster or LG9 as he likes to go by , he should have been hunted a long time ago a mouthy fecker who the club and players stood by to get him a new contract

2 seasons in a row turns up unfit for european qualifiers but can sit around doing tik tok videos ,puts in a half arsed performance when he gets a game the quicker he's hunted out the club the better

Was he supposed to stop getting ready to come on till Strachan had finished his bullshit? There was urgency to get on the pitch to try to salvage a game.
I wonder what was on the ipad?

A photo of the goals? "This is where you've to put the ball Griff"

A screen shot of the scoreline? "Currently we're behind, so you need to put the ball in the previous photo twice Griff 👍"

🤷‍♂️

Back