Any of you notice Griffiths conduct as he was being subbed on ?

This may seem a bit OTT, but I believe Griff returning to pre-season obviously well out of condition played a major part in our collapse. Let me be clear, I'm not blaming him for our collapse; but a fit Griffiths would've been a major asset. He let the club, the supporters, and himself down badly.

If you throw in the Boli fiasco along with the FF debacle; coupled with allowing Gordon to leave BEFORE we had a replacement, well, it wasn't the best of starts.

Yes, I think Griff's time may be coming to an end.
I said before Frank that the biggest scandal about Griff turning up so far out of condition was that none of our coaches realised how bad he was beforehand. They should have been remotely monitoring all the players training (my god, this is off the shelf low tech nowadays - there are adverts for this sort of technology on the telly every day) and getting their weights sent in at least a couple of times a day, along with detailed diaries of their diets. They could and should have identified this as a problem during the lockdown and adjusted his training regime and diet accordingly. But no, it appears we left them to it themselves and have never looked fit enough for the entire season. And yes, highly paid athletes should be disciplined enough to do all this themselves, but we as a high end professional club should never be assuming that and taking a chance.

Sadly too, Griff is not the only player who still looks out of condition. We only seem to be able to perform for a maximum of 30 minutes in any game.

Players have signed for the huns because they want to play for slippy. They would walk to ibrox to play for him.....does that make him a good coach???
No it doesn't make Slippy a good coach, but then again he doesn't need to be. But what it does do is bring in players and then he let's his management team coach them so they perform as well as they can more often than not. It appears that Gerrard isn't the brains of the operation but what he does do is use his resources (coaches, players, referees) to the best of his ability - it took him 3 seasons to get there but he most definitely has this year.

I do not have a clear opinion on Gavin Strachan because WE cannot really assess his qualities but I have to say this guys. He was trying to give instructions to Griffiths as he was preparing to come on and the ignorant bastard did not even have the courtesy to stand up from putting his shin pads in to listen to his instructions. I believe that it showed a total lack of respect for the coach and the team and for the first time in Griffiths Celtic career I thought "That c*nt should not get another f*cking game this season " :mad::mad::mad:
Watched out for it.

less than 2 secs on screen, not sure it was enough time to make your assessment.

I said before Frank that the biggest scandal about Griff turning up so far out of condition was that none of our coaches realised how bad he was beforehand. They should have been remotely monitoring all the players training (my god, this is off the shelf low tech nowadays - there are adverts for this sort of technology on the telly every day) and getting their weights sent in at least a couple of times a day, along with detailed diaries of their diets. They could and should have identified this as a problem during the lockdown and adjusted his training regime and diet accordingly. But no, it appears we left them to it themselves and have never looked fit enough for the entire season. And yes, highly paid athletes should be disciplined enough to do all this themselves, but we as a high end professional club should never be assuming that and taking a chance.

Sadly too, Griff is not the only player who still looks out of condition. We only seem to be able to perform for a maximum of 30 minutes in any game.
Can't disagree with anything you say BB; I was just saying to a fellow traveler how I couldn't understand why there seems to be a fitness issue at this time of the season.

Maybe not but Beale is
Im curious why you say that?

You see him coach the team?

Does Zidane have a real coach for him behind scenes?

What bout the other famous high grade players who went into management and seem to do reasonably well.

I doubt very much Gerrard would be into management and coaching if other people were doing it and he didn't make the calls.

I never seen any Celtic coaches at work or Sevco or any other teams.

Strange that Gerrard isn't good coach despite getting to decent stages in Europe each year working with a very tight budget under what I would imagine was a very tough pressure situation.

He pretty much single handedly has beat some of best teams in europe home and often away with a bag of rags.

Not idea why this dude Beale would be getting the credit. Unless im missing something other than conjecture.

Why would Gerrard not be able to coach his players to a very high standard.

Did rodgers ever have a better player on his books?

Drive determination quality midfielder who is probably still a better player than most of the midfielders playing in this country.

Now I realise he signed for sevco.

But cant get my head round why Beale would be the brains?

I watch Gerrard after match analysis and he often gets it very accurate,

I may wish he was pish. But I watched them play for last 3 seasons and with absolute nobodies he built a team that wins midfield breaks into space very very well creates numerous golden chances win ball pretty quick and can defend in numbers as well

It may not be prettiest style but it is football

And it appears to follow a plan and that plan is working well home and away this season with consistent targeting of players he thinks are better at his system than what he has got.

Id be very surprised if Gerrard was taking credit for Beale hard work

I never even heard of beale

But he is a top coach and Gerrard is fraud?

wow

There has been a total lack of professionalism throughout this whole celtic set up this season as far as I'm concerned.
On the playing side I would accuse griff of being the worst.
Was expecting a huge season for him especially after getting back into the Scotland squad, now I would be amazed if he made it for the euros.
Think the time might have come when we say goodbye along with a host of others
I think your first sentence says it all JN. It's most certainly not just the players we should be questioning. As you say, the whole set up needs looked at.

No disrespect intended here, But I feel we're spending too much time making comparisons with the new team from Govan. For what it's worth, their manager will be judged to be a resounding success; he was brought in to stop the ten,and,barring biblical collapse, he's done that. I concede his team look to be better managed and coached than we are. But really, I want Celtic finish above them next and every season. We as a club have a monumental task ahead. We have enough to concern ourselves with. Change will surely come.

Heard Hibs sniffing around him. Cannot see another manager keeping him, he has blown his Celtic career I reckon and only barring a miracle will he rescue it, but the clock waits for no man.
Sorry Boab but in my opinion it was the Rat Rodgers that fucked his career.

• Love
Reactions: CAZ
Im curious why you say that?

You see him coach the team?

Does Zidane have a real coach for him behind scenes?

What bout the other famous high grade players who went into management and seem to do reasonably well.

I doubt very much Gerrard would be into management and coaching if other people were doing it and he didn't make the calls.

I never seen any Celtic coaches at work or Sevco or any other teams.

Strange that Gerrard isn't good coach despite getting to decent stages in Europe each year working with a very tight budget under what I would imagine was a very tough pressure situation.

He pretty much single handedly has beat some of best teams in europe home and often away with a bag of rags.

Not idea why this dude Beale would be getting the credit. Unless im missing something other than conjecture.

Why would Gerrard not be able to coach his players to a very high standard.

Did rodgers ever have a better player on his books?

Drive determination quality midfielder who is probably still a better player than most of the midfielders playing in this country.

Now I realise he signed for sevco.

But cant get my head round why Beale would be the brains?

I watch Gerrard after match analysis and he often gets it very accurate,

I may wish he was pish. But I watched them play for last 3 seasons and with absolute nobodies he built a team that wins midfield breaks into space very very well creates numerous golden chances win ball pretty quick and can defend in numbers as well

It may not be prettiest style but it is football

And it appears to follow a plan and that plan is working well home and away this season with consistent targeting of players he thinks are better at his system than what he has got.

Id be very surprised if Gerrard was taking credit for Beale hard work

I never even heard of beale

But he is a top coach and Gerrard is fraud?

wow

Points well made TET. I suppose I'm basing my opinion of Gerrards coaching on the fact I don't think sevco are that good (and I hate them so find it hard to give credit 😂😂), he's went through a load of players to get to this point and I honestly believe that, had we not completely imploded, we would still be miles ahead of them.....all ifs and buts obviously. I believe our players are better than theirs. The one thing I will give him credit for 🤢🤢🤢 is that he has them fit as feck. He has brought to them the mentality brendan brought to us. 24/7 athlete mentality. Even when they play poor they outlast their opponent's on fitness. How many times did we do that under brendan. The players who have signed for slippy haven't come for his trophy haul....he's still won nothing. They've come to play for him cause he's Gerrard. Obviously this is all my opinion. I have no idea on how he coaches.....but my main point was we can't give Strachan credit on his coaching because some championship player said he'd walk to celtic park to play for him. Means nothing. The fact he has been in the dugout this season, one of the worst in my memory, tells me all I need to know, or think, about Strachan, lennon and Kennedy and their coaching abilities

Points well made TET. I suppose I'm basing my opinion of Gerrards coaching on the fact I don't think sevco are that good (and I hate them so find it hard to give credit 😂😂), he's went through a load of players to get to this point and I honestly believe that, had we not completely imploded, we would still be miles ahead of them.....all ifs and buts obviously. I believe our players are better than theirs. The one thing I will give him credit for 🤢🤢🤢 is that he has them fit as feck. He has brought to them the mentality brendan brought to us. 24/7 athlete mentality. Even when they play poor they outlast their opponent's on fitness. How many times did we do that under brendan. The players who have signed for slippy haven't come for his trophy haul....he's still won nothing. They've come to play for him cause he's Gerrard. Obviously this is all my opinion. I have no idea on how he coaches.....but my main point was we can't give Strachan credit on his coaching because some championship player said he'd walk to celtic park to play for him. Means nothing. The fact he has been in the dugout this season, one of the worst in my memory, tells me all I need to know, or think, about Strachan, lennon and Kennedy and their coaching abilities
Lubo as you know today's game has become so technical in regards every player within a squad should know there role for the team in order to get the best preformance for the team and the results should look after themselves.
Now a manager is the main decision maker on style, formation, tactics etc.
You would expect the coaches to follow suit in getting the players to explain the role the players are expected to carry out.
The players then are expected to carry that out by putting everything into action.
Now all I have seen all season is a headless puppet making such decisions, that a coaching staff haven't a clue how to instruct players to carry out there roles, and a host of players saying fuck this for a carry on.
There are so many things that have been wrong all season and yet the puppet has tried to persist with the shitshow and tried to con us into thinking that we have been brilliant.
We still persist without any form of a spine of a team, partnerships all over the pitch that haven't worked,
lack of imagination going forward and a back line still not capable of carrying out there defensive duties, this along with fitness still being an issue.
What I find staggering is if we can all see it, the players must know it, then why the fuck has this total bollox of a season been let go to the stage it is at now????

I wonder what was on the ipad?

A photo of the goals? "This is where you've to put the ball Griff"

A screen shot of the scoreline? "Currently we're behind, so you need to put the ball in the previous photo twice Griff 👍"

🤷‍♂️
"OK Leigh, if you score we'll give you a box of these tea cakes"
Incentives...
Griffiths, knows where the goal is, he just goes in and plays, and more often than not, gets the goals, he doesn't need anyone showing him the set up, on an IPad
Once a striker is across the line, he does what he does best, you'd hope
Some of the shite we've brought in, can't handle the rough and tumble of the SPFL, they should be hunted in the Summer
I agree that we put all our eggs in one basket, when it was totuted tha we might bring back Fraser Forster, then the transfer didn't happen
We got rid of craig Gordon, mindboggling, when you see what we have now
Whoever found Barkas, should be given his jotters, some players cannot adjust to life in the West of Scotland, and Ajeti, and Klimala, try as they might, they will never fit the jersey, another 'scout' who should be given his walking papers
Get the guys who play in Scotland already, many of whom bring their 'A' game against us and the HUNS
Plus, it helps when during International break, they don't get scattered across the globe, and who knows, maybe they'll bring the right attitude when playing for the hoops, which will bring us dividends again
What a shambles this season has been
HH

This may seem a bit OTT, but I believe Griff returning to pre-season obviously well out of condition played a major part in our collapse. Let me be clear, I'm not blaming him for our collapse; but a fit Griffiths would've been a major asset. He let the club, the supporters, and himself down badly.

If you throw in the Boli fiasco along with the FF debacle; coupled with allowing Gordon to leave BEFORE we had a replacement, well, it wasn't the best of starts.

Yes, I think Griff's time may be coming to an end
Not OTT Frank,we pay enough for season tickets without being in the stadium so I think we are at least entitled to voice our opinion,I dont want to single Griff out because he is not alone,I dont think it is a case of not being fit I think it is a lack of respect for all the staff from 80% of the players and I also believe Lennon has brought this on himself and his staff by his arrogance,he is not the guy who holds his hands up to being wrong,he has no hesitation blaming somebody else as we have seen this season.
I was told 35 years ago at AA.. you have hit rock bottom mate there is only one way you can go now and that is up,unfortunately I think Lenny realises it will be the opposite for him,he will never be trusted to manage a club the size of Celtic again and this is why he is hanging on as long as he can, sad to see but somebody has to stop him destroying our club..I hope you are listenig Dermot..

HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back