Anyone changed their mind on McKenna?

Read we bid 3.5mill for him last window dont know If that's true. Not worth the kind of money Aberdeen are after, at least not to us an EPL club might pay the silly money. Not proven either. I'm sure he'd improve at CP, we need defenders big time so id say get him in but not for the cash numbers they are banding about

Maybe rather than no turn up for Scotland the team are now turning up but no playing.

Quicker demise for hierarchy and they get caps that way?

Big Eck did look rather bedraggled efter the game. Guess he kinda always looks that way since he supped that particular cup.

Still cant quite get my head round how someone who owes so much to scamming the country out of millions of due tax, for himlef and his muckers, could ever be considered for National manager.

Never in a millions years would I have thought id listen to Scotland on radio at start of big toirnament and no give a hoot what the score might be.

Thats how much his appointment killed my love for national team.

Even when Scotland was run by Rangers men in past I always loved the national team. So its nought to do with who the national team manager managed or played with that put me off. It should be an automatic ban from representing your country if yu have been exposed as publicly caught scamming your country.
Kazakhstan, San Marino and Cyprus to open our group with is the kind of scenario you wish for Scotland but that result as shockingly bad as it is I dont think anyone is surprised

Everyone looked ordinarily peesh. Calmac had a bust up with McFadden apparently in the tunnel. Eck aside why is McFadden suddenly think hes become the man ? He's a f*k* knob always looks like he's on an attivan script plus sore face ache.

He looks ok now and then, but not an obvious for Celtic, he's another one like Toljan learning on the job, can't afford them.
One thing Neil Lennon/ John Park or who ever was really scouting did really well was, signing in cheap enough actual defensive players, maybe not all were super stars, but defensive wise all bought in, like Adam Mathews were generally reliable knew how to defend straight away for us, and some super stars along the way.
Rodgers & co defensive signings were not as great in what should have been easier and were more money spent times!

He looks ok now and then, but not an obvious for Celtic, he's another one like Toljan learning on the job, can't afford them.
One thing Neil Lennon/ John Park or who ever was really scouting did really well was, signing in cheap enough actual defensive players, maybe not all were super stars, but defensive wise all bought in, like Adam Mathews were generally reliable knew how to defend straight away for us, and some super stars along the way.
Rodgers & co defensive signings were not as great in what should have been easier and were more money spent times!
Aye I'm pretty sure that's the work of John park's and it was interesting to read Lennon saying he met with congerton and he was full on. Also Lennons face when asked about parks in interview he couldn't keep a straight face it was as if he was trying to send a telepathic message to the board 'please get parksy back and ditch this muppet mongerton'

Last edited:
Aye I'm pretty sure that's the work of John park's and it was interesting to read Lennon saying he met with congerton and he was full on. Also Lennons face when asked about parks in interview he couldn't keep a straight face it was as if he was trying to send a telepathic message to the board 'please get parksy back and ditch this muppet mongerton'
I always thought that and still do, but did read some other scout who was talking recently about his time with Celtic and his talk made it sound like he was the one who spotted Virgil.
I'm fair sure there was a post about that here a few months back, but there is no proper search facility here for what ever reason? so take too long to find it.

I'll try and google it later or anyone try 'scout Virgil Van Dyke Celtic'.
Tried but have not the time right now as there are loads of results, but on a quick first results scan notice yet another different Celtic scout, Neil McGuinness claims he was the actual scout who spotted Virgil first.

Does make at least the wonder, if this is a case of a manager John Park getting the kudos for on the ground workers.

I always thought that and still do, but did read some other scout who was talking recently about his time with Celtic and his talk made it sound like he was the one who spotted Virgil.
I'm fair sure there was a post about that here a few months back, but there is no proper search facility here for what ever reason? so take too long to find it.

Tried but have not the time right now as there are loads of results, but on a quick first results scan notice yet another different Celtic scout, Neil McGuinness claims he was the actual scout who spotted Virgil first.

Does make at least the wonder, if this is a case of a manager John Park getting the kudos for on the ground workers.
That's probably not wide of the mark parks was head of scouting operations I think he overseen the scouting side of things as well as scouting himself

Did manage to find this
Moss was Celtic's head of development scouting and chief talent scout, with Park his boss. During his time in the role he worked under Neil Lennon, Ronny Deila and then Rodgers. Moss joined the club in November 2010 and was part of the network responsible for the acquisition of the likes of Van Dijk and Wanyama.

Most notably though, he can lay claim to being the man who opened talks with Moussa Dembele's agent Mamadi Fofana and played a huge part in the Hoops being able to attract the Frenchman to Celtic Park from Fulham.

The club also notably saved plenty of money there as the cross-border development fee was a lot less than if another English club had signed him. In the end Celtic shelled out only £400,000 for Dembele before selling him on for over 40 times that amount just two years later in a fee of £19.8m.

Did manage to find this
Moss was Celtic's head of development scouting and chief talent scout, with Park his boss. During his time in the role he worked under Neil Lennon, Ronny Deila and then Rodgers. Moss joined the club in November 2010 and was part of the network responsible for the acquisition of the likes of Van Dijk and Wanyama.

Most notably though, he can lay claim to being the man who opened talks with Moussa Dembele's agent Mamadi Fofana and played a huge part in the Hoops being able to attract the Frenchman to Celtic Park from Fulham.

The club also notably saved plenty of money there as the cross-border development fee was a lot less than if another English club had signed him. In the end Celtic shelled out only £400,000 for Dembele before selling him on for over 40 times that amount just two years later in a fee of £19.8m.
*David Moss

Wish we'd stop looking for players from other SPL sides. There must be better out there but the scouts, whoever they are have to find them. McKenna would be an easy but mistaken option.
He has potential but that's where he is at now. We would have to develop him into a top defender capable of cl football which hes far off being right now

Did manage to find this

That looks like the one.

Between them as a scouting team, they could sure spot decent players at bargain prices.
I'd guess many a team would be jealous of having so few not so good and problems (Juarez who spotted by Lennon was a brilliant player, but?) to the % of hits.
2010 -11.JPG2011-12.JPG2012-13.JPG2103-14.JPG

Members online

Back