Anyone changed their mind on McKenna?

As hinted above, the guy is a carthorse. We would need to employ a farrier as a member of the kit team to change his footware, a stable boy to replace his bedding. One of those boxes to hook up to the back of the team bus to get him to games. Fucking vet bills could spiral out of control. Any sort of bad leg injury and we would need the physio's to run on with a folding screen and shoot him.
The only money we could recoup would be turning him into lasagne and burgers.
All that hassle for a 5m price tag. We would be getting fleeced ?

Decent player but surely not worth the money that Aberdeen are looking for. They see him going to England and then getting up to £10m - that's probably unrealistic but if they got £7-8m it would be a great deal for them. Celtic were going to sell a central defender who had just come back from the World Cup with a bronze medal around his neck for £9m to Fulham, that sort of shows you that McKenna doesn't represent good value for money. If we could get him for say £4m then fair enough.

As hinted above, the guy is a carthorse. We would need to employ a farrier as a member of the kit team to change his footware, a stable boy to replace his bedding. One of those boxes to hook up to the back of the team bus to get him to games. Fucking vet bills could spiral out of control. Any sort of bad leg injury and we would need the physio's to run on with a folding screen and shoot him.
The only money we could recoup would be turning him into lasagne and burgers.
All that hassle for a 5m price tag. We would be getting fleeced ?

So.......you’ve not quite made your mind up then?

In all seriousness, if Big Ben and Boyatta bugger off, and no one else comes in, and Jozo only allowed one game a bloody fortnight ,that leaves US with BIG Kris ( decent player but could do with a experienced CH to help him) and Big MIK (better suited to RB ) we also have Nir but he seems a tad injury prone.

I would pay around 5 mill for McKenna if he had played his football down south out east or way out west, so why not the North.

Do we need a CH.......Yes
Have we the money for one......Yes
Is he for sale.....Yes
Does he know our league.....Yes
Is he good enough for Europe.....No ( ARE WE ????)

Imho he would get better with us, but I think we would need someone with experience of European football with him....

Haven't changed my opinion, we need a left sided CH, young(ish), decent pace, and someone who is first and foremost a defender to compliment Ajer who is more of a ball playing CH.
McKenna ticks the boxes and is improving as this season progresses.
If we can afford him, and he wants to sign for us, then we should sign.
Listening to Willie Miller a few weeks ago and he thinks £5-6m would be too much for Aberdeen to turn down, especially since they have a new stadium to pay for.

Again, and for so long, this is a priority area of the team. Benko will go back and Boyata is for the off. I hope we can sign Oli Burke but we must make the central defence top priority during the next window. Don't see McKenna as anything other than bang average in the SPFL. He's not the answer. We need 2 CB's and a right back. Lets get some of that money spent. We got 9m compo for BR, use it.

Maybe rather than no turn up for Scotland the team are now turning up but no playing.

Quicker demise for hierarchy and they get caps that way?

Big Eck did look rather bedraggled efter the game. Guess he kinda always looks that way since he supped that particular cup.

Still cant quite get my head round how someone who owes so much to scamming the country out of millions of due tax, for himlef and his muckers, could ever be considered for National manager.

Never in a millions years would I have thought id listen to Scotland on radio at start of big toirnament and no give a hoot what the score might be.

Thats how much his appointment killed my love for national team.

Even when Scotland was run by Rangers men in past I always loved the national team. So its nought to do with who the national team manager managed or played with that put me off. It should be an automatic ban from representing your country if yu have been exposed as publicly caught scamming your country.

Members online

Latest posts

Back