Anyone else think that Sunday is a game for Burke and Weah to start

I wouldn't start with either for a couple of reasons. The starting 11 has been relatively settled these last few weeks and I think we started to see the benefits of that at the weekend when we put 3 past the sheep also I think it would be smarter to use them as impact subs around the 60/65 minute mark. We should use the pace of Burke/Weah to stretch the mutants right around the time where they're beginning to tire.

That said it all depends on what version of Scott Sinclair we're going to get on the day and there's an argument that given Rogic isn't exactly on his game right now that maybe starting Burke there would allow us to use his pace and directness to rattle them and put them on the back-foot early on.

Whoever starts we need to go for the jugular from the off and not allow them to settle into any kind of rhythm.

Whoever starts needs to be prepared for that cauldron of hate. Look at wee Mikey - he was playing like Messi before that game but the orcs clearly rattled him. CalMac said in his press conference yesterday that the atmosphere caught them cold in December. We can't have a repeat of that.

A game for these lads to shine.

They both have pace with Weah having excellent technique and Burke is big strong boy which will be needed.

What ya all think?
Just my opinion bit no I think Sinclair should start and Forrest we cant go there understrength we must go with our strongest XI Sinclair's experience puts him in front of weah for this game. Have to feel sorry for weah hes been named in the USA u21 side meaning unless Celtic can strike a deal with the USA FA he won't be available for the final. So fingers crossed for the young bhoy that a deal canbe thrashed out so he misses the opening game and plays at hampden

Weah was unconvincing against the sheep though, maybe as a sub he seems to make more of an impact.

I disagree, Brimcbhoy. The more Timo plays, the better he gets, and he was OK against Aberdeen. IMO he should be starting, especially now that the league is ours.

I understand he's not available for the game Sunday, but if he were, he should start. He'd run laps around the Zombie defence.

Whoever starts needs to be prepared for that cauldron of hate. Look at wee Mikey - he was playing like Messi before that game but the orcs clearly rattled him. CalMac said in his press conference yesterday that the atmosphere caught them cold in December. We can't have a repeat of that.

I suppose it shows what other teams are up against when they play us at Parkhead when all their fans turn up in 3 taxis

TBH I don't buy into that excuse

Maybe Mike Johnston as he's just a pup felt the heat but by the same token he wasn't getting any service especially as Calnac was playing at Left Back and Roguc was kidnapped by the Aussies

The HUNS were so up for that match be ause they REALLY thought that they had a chance of winning the league and we were severely lacking in both players and fitness

Scott Bain hasn't lost a goal since the last Glasgow Derby and I don't envisage tgat happening again before the end of the season unless from a penalty

I think that starting Burke would be good option to start but Weah has left the building and his loan deal is over

HH?

I suppose it shows what other teams are up against when they play us at Parkhead when all their fans turn up in 3 taxis

TBH I don't buy into that excuse

Maybe Mike Johnston as he's just a pup felt the heat but by the same token he wasn't getting any service especially as Calnac was playing at Left Back and Roguc was kidnapped by the Aussies

The HUNS were so up for that match be ause they REALLY thought that they had a chance of winning the league and we were severely lacking in both players and fitness

Scott Bain hasn't lost a goal since the last Glasgow Derby and I don't envisage tgat happening again before the end of the season unless from a penalty

I think that starting Burke would be good option to start but Weah has left the building and his loan deal is over

HH?
I thought weah was here until the league seasons end

keevins on radio snyde (must be true then :ROFLMAO:!) said Celtic and the USA agreed Timo could return for the cup final,but he knocked it back,so Lenny binned him!

This is a game for those of resolve, courage and of character.

We take the park with these 10 words in mind...

“If it is to be.....it is up to me”

Lombardi ya bass

A game for these lads to shine.

They both have pace with Weah having excellent technique and Burke is big strong boy which will be needed.

What ya all think?
I would start with big ollie on the right. Hes quick and powerful and would have the beaten of Flanagan. Could drop in next to big Eddie at times.

Members online

Back