Apathy

Imatim

There's a theme that's being echoed in just about every Celtic Forum and that is one of APATHY.

The anger is still palpable but in many cases apathy is beginning to take the place of anger.

We are in very dangerous territory as a Club. The status quo is not acceptable. The Support needs to believe things are going to change and change very soon for the better.

The sound bites from Neil Lennon that he is looking at a summer rebuild is the talk of fantasy. He simply has to be told his time has come and gone.

The longer we continue in the same vein the worse it's going to get.

This is not a Support with a sense of entitlement your dealing with Mr Desmond.

This is a people with a cause and you need to understand that before it's too late.

PS I think Niall could say this better if he chooses to run with this topic.

It is unbelievable that Lennon, who has overseen this unprecedented collapse and wasted this money on the likes of Duffy and Barkas, thinks he should be left in post to waste even more money. He needs the immediate help of a psychologist.

There's a theme that's being echoed in just about every Celtic Forum and that is one of APATHY.

The anger is still palpable but in many cases apathy is beginning to take the place of anger.

We are in very dangerous territory as a Club. The status quo is not acceptable. The Support needs to believe things are going to change and change very soon for the better.

The sound bites from Neil Lennon that he is looking at a summer rebuild is the talk of fantasy. He simply has to be told his time has come and gone.

This is a people with a cause and you need to understand that before it's too late.

I think what you're saying is rather bold.

The problem we have now (as if we need any additional ones) is the new chief doesn't start until nearer July and surely he has to be heavily involved in the selection of a new management team?
Do we have the option to buy him out of his SRU contract so that he can start immediately?
If that's not an option all they can do is go down the temporary manager till the end of the season route to appease the fans (slightly) and protect Lenny from himself.
I'm not a big fan of temporary managers, it would be a sticking plaster over a gaping wound.

If the board remove Lennon now I think there would b an immediate upturn in performance and I think they know this and the fans will rightly ask why he wasn’t sacked months ago.
Even if they only tell us Kennedy is taking it till the end of the season I still believe things would improve.
Now I understand most of my fellow Hoops will disagree and scream that Kennedy has to go to but unless they have a new team in place he’s the only available choice and by all accounts he is well liked and respected as a coach by the players.
I think it’s blatantly obvious that the vast majority of the players have no professional relationship with Lennon yesterday’s after match attack by him jst the latest in a long line of denial that he is in any way to blame.
If he’s not removed immediately I honestly believe given the rate we r regressing that a European place next season is under threat!

Thats the thing keeping lenny is doing more harm than we ever thought possible I'm scared and av said it a few times that we will end up 30 odd points behind that mob😱 do the board want to gamble with our rightful euro place aswell??
If the board remove Lennon now I think there would b an immediate upturn in performance and I think they know this and the fans will rightly ask why he wasn’t sacked months ago.
Even if they only tell us Kennedy is taking it till the end of the season I still believe things would improve.
Now I understand most of my fellow Hoops will disagree and scream that Kennedy has to go to but unless they have a new team in place he’s the only available choice and by all accounts he is well liked and respected as a coach by the players.
I think it’s blatantly obvious that the vast majority of the players have no professional relationship with Lennon yesterday’s after match attack by him jst the latest in a long line of denial that he is in any way to blame.
If he’s not removed immediately I honestly believe given the rate we r regressing that a European place next season is under threat!

This shocking state of uncertainty at the club is testament to the lack of planning by the most highly remunerated CEO in UK football .
WE , as supporters , can see the glaringly obvious - Lennon has lost all trust in the team and vice-versa !
A CEO with his finger on the pulse would NOT need the supporters to tell him to do his job .

Where is the planning for replacing the coach ?
Where is the foresight that we would expect from such a highly paid executive ?
Where is the January Review we were promised ?
Where is Wally ....

HH

:unsure: Niall ,,,,, Imatim wants a full page spread in the star ,,,,,,,,hurry up

This shocking state of uncertainty at the club is testament to the lack of planning by the most highly remunerated CEO in UK football .
WE , as supporters , can see the glaringly obvious - Lennon has lost all trust in the team and vice-versa !
A CEO with his finger on the pulse would NOT need the supporters to tell him to do his job .

Where is Wally ....

HH
Be easier to find waldo than any proper governship at our club😡

Alright Imatim, It's your subject matter. Shall we do as a Q&A? PM me if you want to and we'll do it as a piece for the Star. 🍀

Where is Wally ....

HH
Seems to me he's in the dugout

Alright Imatim, It's your subject matter. Shall we do as a Q&A? PM me if you want to and we'll do it as a piece for the Star. 🍀

Thanks for the reply Niall. Let me further share my thoughts with everyone.

I really think this topic is vitally important to get it out there and you have a gift for this type of thing.

In my view, if the disconnect is allowed to morph in to complete apathy we are going to lose a large percentage of Celtic Supporters.

Who will then pass things on to the next generation if this happens.

This subject is not about entitlement as you know Niall, as some would like to portray matters.

I know you can put an article together that will make people think and reflect on what is important here. I'm sure you are reaching a much wider audience than you think.

I'm hoping you can get it out there in a diplomatic and concise way that will make those who are currently not listening take note of the serious consequences of doing nothing and failing to effectively communicate with the Support.

If you feel a Q+A prior to you publishing an article will be advantageous to matters then I'm all for it. I personally think it would be a good idea as there's some smart people on here and their input could be invaluable.

Good luck Niall

I really think this topic is vitally important to get it out there and you have a gift for this type of thing.

In my view, if the disconnect is allowed to morph in to complete apathy we are going to lose a large percentage of Celtic Supporters.

This subject is not about entitlement as you know Niall, as some would like to portray matters.

I know you can put an article together that will make people think and reflect on what is important here. I'm sure you are reaching a much wider audience than you think.

I'm hoping you can get it out there in a diplomatic and concise way that will make those who are currently not listening take note of the serious consequences of doing nothing and failing to effectively communicate with the Support.

If you feel a Q+A prior to you publishing an article will be advantageous to matters then I'm all for it. I personally think it would be a good idea as there's some smart people on here and their input could be invaluable.

Good luck Niall
I admire the sentiment here lads but why do you think an article in the Star will influence them in the least? Protests lead to barriers, banners have resulted in bans, emails are ignored. They seem totally impervious to this type of approach.
I would like think I’m wrong here but...

Good luck Niall
:rolleyes: oh feck i was only jokin next he'll be wantin to be on page 3

I admire the sentiment here lads but why do you think an article in the Star will influence them in the least? Protests lead to barriers, banners have resulted in bans, emails are ignored. They seem totally impervious to this type of approach.
I would like think I’m wrong here but...
it's not about influence, it's about the people that read it, they know it's not just them that feel that way
there'll be people that agree/disagree with it, encourages debate, ideas and so on
the fundamental ideal of democracy rest with free speech, free thinking and a free media
like we have in scotland :ROFLMAO:

Members online

No members online now.

Back