Are Celtic supporters ever happy

I'm happy sometimes. Not when we are losing though, that makes me annoyed and sad. Just like it probably does every other football fan on the planet...we arent a special breed you know. Celtic fans, like sevco fans, like united fans, like barca fans and so on and so on and so on are just football fans. They want their team to win. As people you all have your own belief and views and sometimes they match up with other people views but again that doesn't make us special or any different to any other fan. We have our neds, our racists, our morons and our thugs like any other fan....so please stop with all this "we are celtic fans, we are different" nonsense. This season has been terrible by our standard and fans have the right to be cross, especially the ones who have paid lots of cash for games they can't go to. If I had paid hundred of pound into anything and it wasn't what I expected I'd be annoyed. That's up to me. It's my feelings. And we need to stop living on past glories. Lennon, club legend so apparently unsackable. We won the European Cup in 67 so shouldn't get annoyed when we get embarrassed in Europe...is that how it works?? Well it must be cause we can't get annoyed at this shit season due to the fact we won 9 before. What I find worse than a fan who dares get emotional and doesn't turn all "faithful through and through" is a fan who tells us how we are suppost to support our team....so you lot of "60+, I lived through the 90s" fans enjoy yerselfs and support celtic how you want. And ill continue to be pissed off at our board and how our team have performed this season 😁👌👌
Woodbine you started this thread are you happy with our season ? It's only fair like johnno has said. We have the right to be unhappy. So weve given you our answers now wed like yours are you happy with this season and bear in mind the 4treble is from last season though it was played this season . So on this seasons performances and team selections ARE YOU HAPPY WITH THAT?

It may be controversial but if a new manager can see something in boli that we can't then I would say give him the opportunity to do so.
Sure if I was to condemn for making a huge mistake, I would have been stoned to death long ago on some of the huge mistakes I have made in the past
Well said John no, you and Winter are bang on,as the big man said..he who is without fault etc,etc.

HH.

I'm happy with my life wife children grandchildren. As for Celtic sad when when we don't win but I'm not one of those who becomes difficult to live with after a defeat to our main rivals. Watch the games win great lose a bit down but life has to go on. Congratulate the winners when they win and are the best team. That's football to me without the domestics and the violence.

We have REGRESSED MASSIVELY this Season & that's the BOOT IN THE BAWS!! 🙄🙄🙄.. The loss of Forster, the Defence Shambles & the likes of Griff unfit leaving us short has FUKED US BIG-TIME! Before the Pandemic we wd have PUMPED THE FILTH at Diepox & went 16 pts clear but losing this spine has seen us COLLAPSE! Massive clearout required, we need a New Mgt team, Goalkeeper, Defence, Midfield & Strikers.. Basically a NEW TEAM FAE SCRATCH!! 😏😏😏

I'm happy with my life wife children grandchildren. As for Celtic sad when when we don't win but I'm not one of those who becomes difficult to live with after a defeat to our main rivals. Watch the games win great lose a bit down but life has to go on. Congratulate the winners when they win and are the best team. That's football to me without the domestics and the violence.
NEVER CONGRATULATE THE FILTH EVER M8🤣🤣🤣🤣.. CORRUPT DIRTY CHEATING HUN BASTARDS!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬

I just want to ask are Celtic supporters ever happy?
We have won the past nine league titles (with players we could afford,) we have just won a quadruple treble (with players we could afford and which will probably never be repeated and was never done by the "great Rangers" at any time in their history although they don't even have a history.) Suddenly everything has gone a bit pear-shaped and it's the end of the world. My God, the people flocking to criticize and pour scorn on our efforts so far has been ridiculous. They must have very little to do in their lives. People like Charlie Nicholas, Frank McAvennie and some others were never loyal to Celtic when they played for them so I don't expect them to be loyal now, but I expect supporters now to be loyal and able to put up with not winning everything all the time and don't give me that crap about putting money into the club, I've put as much as anyone into the club for 60+ years and will continue to do so. Please! let's get behind the club as best we can under current circumstances.
By the way when Peter Lawwell decided to go to Dubai he thought he was doing the right thing and not saying to himself, "Lets f--k up these Celtic supporters that throw their money at our club." I'll tell you now that the man behind our collapse is Nicky Hammond who has indeed brought some rubbish to the club.
Let’s be clear about this once and for all. Quad. Trebles, 9 titles, etc are in the past. They contribute 0 towards this season’s trophy haul so I’m fed up listening to what we have achieved in the past. Every other kind of business out there is focused on this year’s results-not what happened 8/9 years ago.
We all knew this run would come to an end sometime. It’s not that its happened that’s pissed me off but rather how.
From 4x3 winners to fuck all in one season. Thanks PL, NFL & co.
🤬🤬🤬

Let’s be clear about this once and for all. Quad. Trebles, 9 titles, etc are in the past. They contribute 0 towards this season’s trophy haul so I’m fed up listening to what we have achieved in the past. Every other kind of business out there is focused on this year’s results-not what happened 8/9 years ago.
We all knew this run would come to an end sometime. It’s not that its happened that’s pissed me off but rather how.
From 4x3 winners to fuck all in one season. Thanks PL, NFL & co.
🤬🤬🤬
Spot on m8 & the WORST THING OF AW IS THIS FILTH TEAM IS FUKIN PISH! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬.. We PISHED OVER THEM fur 60 mins at Diepox so the ONLY TEAM that's FUKED US IS AS USUAL US!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

We have won the past nine league titles (with players we could afford,) we have just won a quadruple treble (with players we could afford and which will probably never be repeated and was never done by the "great Rangers" at any time in their history although they don't even have a history.) Suddenly everything has gone a bit pear-shaped and it's the end of the world. My God, the people flocking to criticize and pour scorn on our efforts so far has been ridiculous. They must have very little to do in their lives. People like Charlie Nicholas, Frank McAvennie and some others were never loyal to Celtic when they played for them so I don't expect them to be loyal now, but I expect supporters now to be loyal and able to put up with not winning everything all the time and don't give me that crap about putting money into the club, I've put as much as anyone into the club for 60+ years and will continue to do so. Please! let's get behind the club as best we can under current circumstances.
By the way when Peter Lawwell decided to go to Dubai he thought he was doing the right thing and not saying to himself, "Lets f--k up these Celtic supporters that throw their money at our club." I'll tell you now that the man behind our collapse is Nicky Hammond who has indeed brought some rubbish to the club.
That's a very, very, very good question, Woodbinebhoy. For as long as I've been a Celtic supporter (only a couple of years, mind you, and from 5,000 miles away in California), it appears that many fans are never happy and always have something to complain about. Always. You are right -- this season, like a lot of things which are a product of 2020, things are upside down and we may not end up winning the league this year, but as long as the math is there, there is hope. But after winning a quadruple treble, which will probably never be repeated, that crowned Celtic's recent string of successes, some consider the club a failure.

I support Celtic first and foremost, then there's about 50 feet of dead space, and then I also support two other clubs: FC St Pauli and, here at home, Portland Timbers FC in the MLS (I'm a member of the Timbers Army, the PTFC ultras). The fan dynamic in both of those clubs is much different than Celtic, insofar as when crises arise -- and especially in FC St Pauli's case, where they are staring relegation squarely in the face unless they turn things around -- there is never the level of negativity or vitriol against those clubs at the level that manifests itself when Celtic stumbles and some Celtic fans shift into entitlement overdrive.

Let me be clear: Many, possibly most, people who support Celtic know that "faithful through and through" are not just four random words, but a solid foundation of supporting the club. But apparently the loudest critics -- whether in this forum, on social media, or in the mainstream press and broadcast media -- are an embarrassment more times than not.

Oh, and welcome to the Noise.

Dear sir, as a celtic supporter of60+ years you will as I do remember both good and bad times, what I find in the current situation is again the failure of the board to look to strengthen all parts of the football side of the club, money has been spent on unnecessary things, how has the disco lights improved the team?, I for one don't think it has. The ceo has become complacent and seems to be more concerned about getting a seat alongside the good and the great at Uefa. In any business if you don't reinvest some of the profits in the business then you are planning to fail. Neil lennon was hired not with the aim of taking the team forward but with the sole reason of saving money and protecting profit. The fact that he wasn't even able to get his own staff or mgt team again suggests that money was the only factor in place. I am sure that he will always be looked at affectionately by a good proportion of celtic fans, but I'm sorry he was the wrong choice. As a celtic supporter I am usually very happy with the club, but sorry I think PL and DD got it massively wrong and thats why I along with a large number of people are currently unhappy,
Sincerely yours.

That's a very, very, very good question, Woodbinebhoy. For as long as I've been a Celtic supporter (only a couple of years, mind you, and from 5,000 miles away in California), it appears that many fans are never happy and always have something to complain about. Always. You are right -- this season, like a lot of things which are a product of 2020, things are upside down and we may not end up winning the league this year, but as long as the math is there, there is hope. But after winning a quadruple treble, which will probably never be repeated, that crowned Celtic's recent string of successes, some consider the club a failure.

I support Celtic first and foremost, then there's about 50 feet of dead space, and then I also support two other clubs: FC St Pauli and, here at home, Portland Timbers FC in the MLS (I'm a member of the Timbers Army, the PTFC ultras). The fan dynamic in both of those clubs is much different than Celtic, insofar as when crises arise -- and especially in FC St Pauli's case, where they are staring relegation squarely in the face unless they turn things around -- there is never the level of negativity or vitriol against those clubs at the level that manifests itself when Celtic stumbles and some Celtic fans shift into entitlement overdrive.

Let me be clear: Many, possibly most, people who support Celtic know that "faithful through and through" are not just four random words, but a solid foundation of supporting the club. But apparently the loudest critics -- whether in this forum, on social media, or in the mainstream press and broadcast media -- are an embarrassment more times than not.

Oh, and welcome to the Noise.
There are a lot of folks on here that have been critical of this season’s performance. What that means is that they are unhappy with this year’s results. It does not mean they consider Celtic Football Club to be a failure. The board? The management? Probably and with some justification IMHO. Many folks have shelled out decent sums of money to the club for games they cannot even attend. That’s real support to me. Do I think that gives them the right to be critical about performances and other recent clangers? You bet your ass I do.
I have been supporting Celtic since the 50s, not 2 years and I take exception to the tone of your reply. Have some folks on here been quite critical? Yes they have and with cause in my opinion. Are they an ‘embarrassment’ because they voice that dissatisfaction? Absolutely not. You may be OK with all that’s happened this season and that’s your prerogative but to label anyone (with the exception of one or two who have been binned) on here as an ‘embarrassment’ because they don't share your rosy opinion on things is downright insulting.

I never expected to win absolutely everything forever, and always understood nothing lasts forever. Deep down I knew we wouldn't do the 10 and actually said so a few years ago, thinking we'd fuck it all up and hand it to Aberdeen or some other crazy scenario. It's not failing to complete the 10iar that's hard to take, it's the manner in which we've done so. Shooting ourselves in the foot, time after time, all season and taking away the best possible chance we ever had. Bad decisions and mistakes happen, but never this consistently in a single season. I think it's only fair a lot of supporters are unhappy right now.

My wee granda used to smoke wullie woodbines they were rank mental they never had a beef on them😁

Aye, sometimes.
🐈

I have been supporting Celtic since the 50s, not 2 years and I take exception to the tone of your reply. Have some folks on here been quite critical? Yes they have and with cause in my opinion. Are they an ‘embarrassment’ because they voice that dissatisfaction? Absolutely not. You may be OK with all that’s happened this season and that’s your prerogative but to label anyone (with the exception of one or two who have been binned) on here as an ‘embarrassment’ because they don't share your rosy opinion on things is downright insulting.
Slow down there, Sparky. Let's be clear about a few things here.

First, you've been a supporter since the '50s? Good for you. Want a gold star for it? Do you think you're a better fan than I am? Fine. I'll yield that to you. Congratulations on your prize.

Did I say I was OK with the season? No. That's such a disingenuous assumption that you bring up that it means you're either dishonest or stupid. But I'll let it slide. No one in their right mind is happy with the season this year, and suggesting that people who are asking the question are happy with the season is way off base. Do better with your assumptions.

You're insulted? I don't care. In fact, Walk it off, sport.

Clearly you're not on social media, otherwise you'd see the hue and cry I was referring to in my original post. Get a grip.

Slow down there, Sparky. Let's be clear about a few things here.

First, you've been a supporter since the '50s? Good for you. Want a gold star for it? Do you think you're a better fan than I am? Fine. I'll yield that to you. Congratulations on your prize.

Did I say I was OK with the season? No. That's such a disingenuous assumption that you bring up that it means you're either dishonest or stupid. But I'll let it slide. No one in their right mind is happy with the season this year, and suggesting that people who are asking the question are happy with the season is way off base. Do better with your assumptions.

You're insulted? I don't care. In fact, Walk it off, sport.

Clearly you're not on social media, otherwise you'd see the hue and cry I was referring to in my original post. Get a grip.
Pull your head in Larry ffs.

Back