Are Celtic supporters ever happy

Slow down there, Sparky. Let's be clear about a few things here.

First, you've been a supporter since the '50s? Good for you. Want a gold star for it? Do you think you're a better fan than I am? Fine. I'll yield that to you. Congratulations on your prize.

Did I say I was OK with the season? No. That's such a disingenuous assumption that you bring up that it means you're either dishonest or stupid. But I'll let it slide. No one in their right mind is happy with the season this year, and suggesting that people who are asking the question are happy with the season is way off base. Do better with your assumptions.

You're insulted? I don't care. In fact, Walk it off, sport.

Clearly you're not on social media, otherwise you'd see the hue and cry I was referring to in my original post. Get a grip.
No I don’t want a gold star like most of the folks on here but I’m not a jonny-come-lately supporter who comes on here and says some of the posters are an embarrassment. Let’s not use the ‘some folks in this forum’ smokescreen then. Let’s name names shall we. And we’ll let them opinine on your assertion that they are an ‘embarrassment’.
As for being stupid if you’d like to compare qualifications then that’s fine by me and we’ll see who is ‘stupid’.
You don’t care if I’m insulted? Would you care if I took an insulting attitude to you? Bet you wouldn’t be quite as magnanimous then sport.

Last edited:
No I don’t want a gold star like most of the folks on here but I’m not a jonny-come-lately supporter who comes on here and says some of the posters are an embarrassment. Let’s not use the ‘some folks in this forum’ smokescreen then. Let’s name names shall we. And we’ll them opinine on your assertion that they are an ‘embarrassment’.
As for being stupid if you’d like to compare qualifications then that’s fine by me and we’ll see who is ‘stupid’.
You don’t care if I’m insulted? Would you care if I took an insulting attitude you? Bet you wouldn’t be quite as magnanimous then sport.
Slow down there sparky🤔🤔 condescending cunt

I just want to ask are Celtic supporters ever happy?
We have won the past nine league titles (with players we could afford,) we have just won a quadruple treble (with players we could afford and which will probably never be repeated and was never done by the "great Rangers" at any time in their history although they don't even have a history.) Suddenly everything has gone a bit pear-shaped and it's the end of the world. My God, the people flocking to criticize and pour scorn on our efforts so far has been ridiculous. They must have very little to do in their lives. People like Charlie Nicholas, Frank McAvennie and some others were never loyal to Celtic when they played for them so I don't expect them to be loyal now, but I expect supporters now to be loyal and able to put up with not winning everything all the time and don't give me that crap about putting money into the club, I've put as much as anyone into the club for 60+ years and will continue to do so. Please! let's get behind the club as best we can under current circumstances.
By the way when Peter Lawwell decided to go to Dubai he thought he was doing the right thing and not saying to himself, "Lets f--k up these Celtic supporters that throw their money at our club." I'll tell you now that the man behind our collapse is Nicky Hammond who has indeed brought some rubbish to the club.
Always happy to be a Celtic supporters even through the disapointments,hopes and dreams, every cloud Woody has a silver lining, we are the only living Quadruple winners including an invincible season. Would take this any day.

What I find funny is we have laughed and laughed for over 8 years at sevco fans for their blind faith. Motherwell billonaires 🤣 going into liquidation then somehow surviving 🤣 Pedro the next Jose 🤣 Warburton the next England manager 🤣 King the billionaire 🤣 going for 55 🤣 and again 🤣 and again 🤣 mckay to leipzig 🤣 100 million pound morelos 🤣 their fantastic superstar filled team🤣..we have been amazed at how gullible they have been to listen to their board of crooks and their pets in the media. We have laughed at how their squad has consistently let them down and yet they kept believing......but now....our board are telling us everything is alright, when its not. Our team is letting us down.....an we are the embarrassment for daring to question our situation. We are in the wrong for being angry....OK then let's be like the huns of the last 8 years....everything fine. Faithful through and through la de da 👌👌👌👌

That's a very, very, very good question, Woodbinebhoy. For as long as I've been a Celtic supporter (only a couple of years, mind you, and from 5,000 miles away in California), it appears that many fans are never happy and always have something to complain about. Always. You are right -- this season, like a lot of things which are a product of 2020, things are upside down and we may not end up winning the league this year, but as long as the math is there, there is hope. But after winning a quadruple treble, which will probably never be repeated, that crowned Celtic's recent string of successes, some consider the club a failure.

I support Celtic first and foremost, then there's about 50 feet of dead space, and then I also support two other clubs: FC St Pauli and, here at home, Portland Timbers FC in the MLS (I'm a member of the Timbers Army, the PTFC ultras). The fan dynamic in both of those clubs is much different than Celtic, insofar as when crises arise -- and especially in FC St Pauli's case, where they are staring relegation squarely in the face unless they turn things around -- there is never the level of negativity or vitriol against those clubs at the level that manifests itself when Celtic stumbles and some Celtic fans shift into entitlement overdrive.

Let me be clear: Many, possibly most, people who support Celtic know that "faithful through and through" are not just four random words, but a solid foundation of supporting the club. But apparently the loudest critics -- whether in this forum, on social media, or in the mainstream press and broadcast media -- are an embarrassment more times than not.

Oh, and welcome to the Noise.
I must admit icafiero I did find your comment about many fans never been happy and always having something to complain about a little bit offensive to be honest.
You have been blessed with joining the celtic family in the heights of our domestic dominance, but you also have to remember many of us always remained loyal throughout all the years we were been cheated and robbed blind, which still remains rampant in Scotland today.
There has always been an under current of anger for the past 9 years regards serco and an awful lot of that is spilling out currently.
This was always going to happen at some stage but none of us wanted it to be this season of all seasons.
I have never bought into this length of time you have been a Celtic supporter shite, gives you a bigger say. For me the longer you have been a Celtic supporter than more of a longer privilege you have had of being one.
Supporters like yourself are very valued members of the celtic family in spreading the word of what been a Celtic supporter is all about.
The manner of our fall from grace this season hurts alright, more so when we have allowed the return of the scum without a fight.
This is not the celtic way and we won't let it remain for long either.
Fences at Celtic Park was a thing I thought I would never see and one I hope we never see again, but when we feel we are been let down by a board that seems to want to offer a lifeline to scum, I fail to see how anyone can expect us to dance with joy when it sickens us to the pit of our stomachs with what we see currently going on

Correct Lubo, but giving up your seat because of a bad season belittles the phrase.
Point is Lubo they have gave up their seat but have still forked out a wedge of doller to sit and watch it in their own hoose.
Every credit to them, HH.

I would never expect anyone to do anything they didn't want to do regarding their support of the club....I wouldn't give up a seat if I had one. My point is, there seems to be loads of fans having a go at other fans for daring to criticise....as if it makes them less of a fan for getting angry at our teams display this season.

I dont care if we win lose or draw

But I would hope we had a plan especially when our players are earning miles more than most of the smaller clubs and generally more than every other club.

The show has been poor

Im not happy with the planning side.
Im no happy with the attitude side.
Im no happy with the alternative plans being promoted so far.

But what the hell do I care?

Well the show has been rotten this season for large chunks and I dont think the manager knows how to solve it. And for whatever reason the board think its a good show in sense of balance and awareness on/off the pitch.

Need to get the show part fixed.

Not sure how. But I donthave confidence in the alternative options being put forward to date.

I just hope that whoever is in charge either now or future gets back to the show part of the I dont care if we win lose or draw, part of one of my favourite songs.

I would never expect anyone to do anything they didn't want to do regarding their support of the club....I wouldn't give up a seat if I had one. My point is, there seems to be loads of fans having a go at other fans for daring to criticise....as if it makes them less of a fan for getting angry at our teams display this season.
Oh I know the type. The NLs a legend dont you know what hes been through brigade. I also know the type that scream at every bad pass. Then theres the type that likes a fallguy. The poor guy cant put a foot right but he gets hammered. I'm reminded of how MON turned us around though, guys like Bobby Petta suddenly found an extra gear.
More recenrtly look at how well Pukki has done after leaving us.
Long an short of it is some need a kick up the arse other need an arm round the shoulder, and its a good manager who knows the difference.

I just want to ask are Celtic supporters ever happy?
We have won the past nine league titles (with players we could afford,) we have just won a quadruple treble (with players we could afford and which will probably never be repeated and was never done by the "great Rangers" at any time in their history although they don't even have a history.) Suddenly everything has gone a bit pear-shaped and it's the end of the world. My God, the people flocking to criticize and pour scorn on our efforts so far has been ridiculous. They must have very little to do in their lives. People like Charlie Nicholas, Frank McAvennie and some others were never loyal to Celtic when they played for them so I don't expect them to be loyal now, but I expect supporters now to be loyal and able to put up with not winning everything all the time and don't give me that crap about putting money into the club, I've put as much as anyone into the club for 60+ years and will continue to do so. Please! let's get behind the club as best we can under current circumstances.
By the way when Peter Lawwell decided to go to Dubai he thought he was doing the right thing and not saying to himself, "Lets f--k up these Celtic supporters that throw their money at our club." I'll tell you now that the man behind our collapse is Nicky Hammond who has indeed brought some rubbish to the club.
Just logged on to tell you this is a great post Amigo. 🍀🍀🍀

Surprised ,,,Naw some of us have seen this picture before but the ending has never been as spectaculer or even avoidable ,we could all see it coming and basically our winning helped paper over the cracks

The 10 only gives us bragging rights ,,,,no extra money ,,,,no big ears cup ,,,,,just a wee bit history and bragging rights to last through the summer , we stopped there 10 on the last day of the season ,,,,we all knew how it felt ,,,,we all knew standing inside paradise the elation we felt at Harolds goal and the final whistle

The anger will fade but only when the club starts listening to the support not customers unless things change from top to bottom the the games a bogey , for those not renewing st others will take your place ,,,,it's a fact ,same as folk who refuse cup or away tickets there's loads who will step in and snatch them

How the feck did it come to this

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back