Are my eyes deceiving me mhairi black mp wins award in Scotland

Should we be asking the question(s) why exactly did Ms Black make the plastic Irishman comments in the first place?

She is obviously an intelligent woman so "why the need" for said comments?

What was to be gained by her comments?

Reflecting on these type of questions will perhaps give individuals an insight in to what she was trying to achieve by them.....or to whom these comments were meant to resonate with?

So far I have had denial deflection anger rejection more deflection more anger some more deflection and now I am getting anger deflection and whataboutery. You are the first SNP voice that has actually agreed with condemning the SNP mp for Paisley mhairi black for her sectarian posts I at last see a bit of hope .
But then you miss my point. I posted because this overtly rascist anti Irish scots mp has been given an award by the saltire society as one of the ten outstanding women of Scotland for 2018 inspite of her post she is rewarded by this country, the SNP do not do that, i cannot say who is on the awarding panel but it is , I assume ,Scottish societies great and good and they see no problem with this award going to ms black I do that is why I started this post. I posted because I could not believe that this insult had added salt to the wound of her original interview.
I have become upset with the SNP however on two fronts, first the list of attempts by SNP supporting voices on this site to shut me up have been wide and varied, but I cannot help but feel this is more of my previously argued party fear than any genuine attempt to engage after all if they wanted to they need only address my points .
My original questioning of the SNP was as a result of the lack of censure for the mp from the SNP for Paisley ms mhairi black. Again would it be acceptible if she were speaking of blacks Jew Asians . Of course not but the SNP choose to attack me on this page rather than face up to their own party members who espouse these views. I appear easier to attack than to engage in debate with.
Now a new voice come on and again distract what about this what about that i am this I am doing that. I have told you what I am doing. If you choose to read something else into this I cannot be held responsible for that. I am a Celtic fan who came to this forum after seeing it announced on Celtic web pages. I am of Irish scots background. I have been angered by the award given to the SNP mp for Paisley mhairi black. I have also been angered at the SNP for their lack of censure of this individual who represents the SNP in Paisley .
I am not and never have been a member of a political party. If what i am saying is being seen as pushing a wedge between you SNP guys and the Celtic support who backed you in their droves I suggest you look at what you guys are doing rather than what I am saying.
I feel no need to address the deflective whataboutery you bring to this discussion when so few of my points are addressed. I have attempted to put forward the same basic argument in the hope that your party take note and as the party of power in this country try and change it for the better of my community. I note from philmacgiollabhain site with sadness that a meeting planned this very week to begin to try and address these sort of issueshas been cancelled in Glasgow for fear of fascist repercussions towards the venue staff.
Should your time as a party not be better spent fighting these guys rather than us who just seek a degree of parity. After all I did not confront anyone in George / independance square after the vote. My conscience is clear on all these matters is yours.
Yours in Celtic. Hh
Well said, you’ll do me

Should we be asking the question(s) why exactly did Ms Black make the plastic Irishman comments in the first place?

She is obviously an intelligent woman so "why the need" for said comments?

What was to be gained by her comments?

Reflecting on these type of questions will perhaps give individuals an insight in to what she was trying to achieve by them.....or to whom these comments were meant to resonate with?
Will we ever know ? It is a good question it can only be answered by the mp from Paisley for the SNP a certain ms mhairi black who uttered the rascist statement. I do not think this is the sort of site that she will be visiting to respond.
I could speculate, maybe some journalist , if they are trawling here can ask her when she gets the award. Ha ha
Yours in Celtic hh

So far I have had denial deflection anger rejection more deflection more anger some more deflection and now I am getting anger deflection and whataboutery. You are the first SNP voice that has actually agreed with condemning the SNP mp for Paisley mhairi black for her sectarian posts I at last see a bit of hope .
But then you miss my point. I posted because this overtly rascist anti Irish scots mp has been given an award by the saltire society as one of the ten outstanding women of Scotland for 2018 inspite of her post she is rewarded by this country, the SNP do not do that, i cannot say who is on the awarding panel but it is , I assume ,Scottish societies great and good and they see no problem with this award going to ms black I do that is why I started this post. I posted because I could not believe that this insult had added salt to the wound of her original interview.
I have become upset with the SNP however on two fronts, first the list of attempts by SNP supporting voices on this site to shut me up have been wide and varied, but I cannot help but feel this is more of my previously argued party fear than any genuine attempt to engage after all if they wanted to they need only address my points .
My original questioning of the SNP was as a result of the lack of censure for the mp from the SNP for Paisley ms mhairi black. Again would it be acceptible if she were speaking of blacks Jew Asians . Of course not but the SNP choose to attack me on this page rather than face up to their own party members who espouse these views. I appear easier to attack than to engage in debate with.
Now a new voice come on and again distract what about this what about that i am this I am doing that. I have told you what I am doing. If you choose to read something else into this I cannot be held responsible for that. I am a Celtic fan who came to this forum after seeing it announced on Celtic web pages. I am of Irish scots background. I have been angered by the award given to the SNP mp for Paisley mhairi black. I have also been angered at the SNP for their lack of censure of this individual who represents the SNP in Paisley .
I am not and never have been a member of a political party. If what i am saying is being seen as pushing a wedge between you SNP guys and the Celtic support who backed you in their droves I suggest you look at what you guys are doing rather than what I am saying.
I feel no need to address the deflective whataboutery you bring to this discussion when so few of my points are addressed. I have attempted to put forward the same basic argument in the hope that your party take note and as the party of power in this country try and change it for the better of my community. I note from philmacgiollabhain site with sadness that a meeting planned this very week to begin to try and address these sort of issueshas been cancelled in Glasgow for fear of fascist repercussions towards the venue staff.
Should your time as a party not be better spent fighting these guys rather than us who just seek a degree of parity. After all I did not confront anyone in George / independance square after the vote. My conscience is clear on all these matters is yours.
Yours in Celtic. Hh

You were trying to imply that because one MP said something you found offensive the SNP should be tarred with that same brush. You stated you wouldn’t trust them. Implying that they were not due anyone of Irish/Scots heritage because of this. That was your implication, so dont try and wiggle out of that one.

Andybhoy rightly pointed out to you the real exploiters of the situation have been both Labour and the Tories. Did you miss the comment recently about a labour official questioning a woman blessing herself, that escape your attention? Selective retention is the curse that keeps people like you going in your victimization crusade.

In an earlier ramble to me, and by fuck was it a ramble. You invoked the British Empire, as if I or any other living soul was responsible for the many wrongs committed at that time. Are you that deluded that you think we will stand for that utter shit. Why don’t you just go the whole hog and bring up Cromwell or Knox? Totally pathetic and made you look like the eternal victim, looking to cast up the sins of the past to reinforce you heart wrenching feelings of subjugation. Reading your posts I hear the smallest violin playing with every self pitying sentence you batter out.

You may be a victim mate, i’m not. You may spend your life looking backward and filling up, that’s not the experience of most Irish/Scots. We are here, we are Scots, we belong here, we are not of the downtrodden immigrant mentality, you clearly still are.

You took an instance where a Catholic MP made comments about the lingering mentality of some that they are Irish and not Scots. Now you may not agree with her, you may think it’s racism, you may even be right, although I don’t agree with that. But here’s the rub. You used that to attack the SNP in all its works. You latest posts about Gullags playing Jimmy Shand shows me you have lost the plot in your self pitying victimhood and your motives are wider than the MP.

Everybody not so afflicted by a sense of perpetual victimisation can see it. You then go on to talk about slavery and people torn from their homes to be taken to the USA. As if this has a parralell with a young woman calling you a plastic Paddy.

Your hatred for this country, it’s past, it’s present, it’s future is a worry. You probably spend your life looking for things like this to get outraged about. It doesn’t extend to that Labour Party cunt who mocked the woman blessing herself though, does it? Missed that one out didn’t you. Missed out the Tories courting the OO. Your argument and motives are sullied by your total absence of objectivity and equally applied rage.

The SNP have done more for this country than Labour these last twenty years. The Labour Party, which I would bet my left nut you voted for betrayed the working class. They have exploited the Catholic vote for generations. Not a word. Not a mention

Here’s a tip, if you want to be taken seriously introduce a balanced attack on all the party’s. drop the Empire shit, that is so embarrassing. Don’t then try to deflect about your real motive. To demonise the SNP. Do you think we are all stupid? Do you think we cannot see the wider target of your, oh I’m so offended, boo hoo bollocks?

No community or group should be above criticism. No group should be immune to people asking difficult questions. Like why when you are clearly Scottish you refuse to accept that? Pointing to perceived and real wrongs as a reason to fuel your agenda of perpetual victim hood.

As I said, you may be a fucking victim, I’am not. Neither are my sons my siblings my friends. We will not take to our knees lamenting a young woman having a view you don’t like. Get off your knees and stand proud of who you are and that you belong, and avoid letting stuff you don’t like making you cast up the Empure and African slavery as somehow to prove your point.

Your point was using Black as a vehicle to arrack the SNP. Own that and we can put this to bed, but don’t think there are not at least a few on here who will call out your pitying woe are us bollicks and not call you out.

This is my country, you might not feel that way, but that’s your problem. I belong here. We all do. Let us see who the Irish/Scots vote for in the next election. I guarantee you it won’t be those traitors to the working class in Scotland-of the Labour Party. I will bet you a bleating, poor us heart on that.

You were trying to imply that because one MP said something you found offensive the SNP should be tarred with that same brush. You stated you wouldn’t trust them. Implying that they were not due anyone of Irish/Scots heritage because of this. That was your implication, so dont try and wiggle out of that one.

Andybhoy rightly pointed out to you the real exploiters of the situation have been both Labour and the Tories. Did you miss the comment recently about a labour official questioning a woman blessing herself, that escape your attention? Selective retention is the curse that keeps people like you going in your victimization crusade.

In an earlier ramble to me, and by fuck was it a ramble. You invoked the British Empire, as if I or any other living soul was responsible for the many wrongs committed at that time. Are you that deluded that you think we will stand for that utter shit. Why don’t you just go the whole hog and bring up Cromwell or Knox? Totally pathetic and made you look like the eternal victim, looking to cast up the sins of the past to reinforce you heart wrenching feelings of subjugation. Reading your posts I hear the smallest violin playing with every self pitying sentence you batter out.

You may be a victim mate, i’m not. You may spend your life looking backward and filling up, that’s not the experience of most Irish/Scots. We are here, we are Scots, we belong here, we are not of the downtrodden immigrant mentality, you clearly still are.

You took an instance where a Catholic MP made comments about the lingering mentality of some that they are Irish and not Scots. Now you may not agree with her, you may think it’s racism, you may even be right, although I don’t agree with that. But here’s the rub. You used that to attack the SNP in all its works. You latest posts about Gullags playing Jimmy Shand shows me you have lost the plot in your self pitying victimhood and your motives are wider than the MP.

Everybody not so afflicted by a sense of perpetual victimisation can see it. You then go on to talk about slavery and people torn from their homes to be taken to the USA. As if this has a parralell with a young woman calling you a plastic Paddy.

Your hatred for this country, it’s past, it’s present, it’s future is a worry. You probably spend your life looking for things like this to get outraged about. It doesn’t extend to that Labour Party cunt who mocked the woman blessing herself though, does it? Missed that one out didn’t you. Missed out the Tories courting the OO. Your argument and motives are sullied by your total absence of objectivity and equally applied rage.

The SNP have done more for this country than Labour these last twenty years. The Labour Party, which I would bet my left nut you voted for betrayed the working class. They have exploited the Catholic vote for generations. Not a word. Not a mention

Here’s a tip, if you want to be taken seriously introduce a balanced attack on all the party’s. drop the Empire shit, that is so embarrassing. Don’t then try to deflect about your real motive. To demonise the SNP. Do you think we are all stupid? Do you think we cannot see the wider target of your, oh I’m so offended, boo hoo bollocks?

No community or group should be above criticism. No group should be immune to people asking difficult questions. Like why when you are clearly Scottish you refuse to accept that? Pointing to perceived and real wrongs as a reason to fuel your agenda of perpetual victim hood.

As I said, you may be a fucking victim, I’am not. Neither are my sons my siblings my friends. We will not take to our knees lamenting a young woman having a view you don’t like. Get off your knees and stand proud of who you are and that you belong, and avoid letting stuff you don’t like making you cast up the Empure and African slavery as somehow to prove your point.

Your point was using Black as a vehicle to arrack the SNP. Own that and we can put this to bed, but don’t think there are not at least a few on here who will call out your pitying woe are us bollicks and not call you out.

This is my country, you might not feel that way, but that’s your problem. I belong here. We all do. Let us see who the Irish/Scots vote for in the next election. I guarantee you it won’t be those traitors to the working class in Scotland-of the Labour Party. I will bet you a bleating, poor us heart on that.
Clearly you support or gladly accept anti-Irish sentiment in Scotland. The reason people are angered by the SNP is because they never acted on one of there MPs coming out with a bigoted statement on her thoughts of Scottish people with Irish hertigage and now this person has be awarded which goes to show the backwards mentality alot of people have in Scotland. With your attitude towards the Irish Scots I’m surprised at all that you support Celtic it must really grate you that Celtic Park have the Irish flag proudly on display. Celtic with it’s foundations and connection to Ireland will always be there but I hope one day people like you with your anti-Irish sentiment are not.

So here we go again another rant of biblical proportions from the SNP spokesman on the site.( I have no idea if you are or are not the SNP spokesman I just think of you like that. Real SNP spokesmen may enter if they see fit at any time)
You have not addressed any of the points I make. You deflect and angrily rant insult after insult to me because I refuse to engage you when you are talking about your own discussion. If you put up a discussion raising your anti labour agenda and I choose to post I will post. But since I am not and never have been a member of a political party I probably will not .
No one makes you come onto this thread . It is not compulsory. When you come on you should try and make the odd relevant point . It seems to me , as I have said this all sounds a bit like party fear, fear of actually engaging . Is there a reason for that ? Are you just looking for a platform to rant forward your ideas and shut down democratic discussion if does not agree with your ideas ?
I am pleased that you have at last began to question the rascism of the statement from the SNP mp for Paisley ms mhairi black although on balance you still think it is not rascist.
I am going to try one last time to try and get a straight answer from you, no insults, no what you think I am saying and no diatribe please.
Here goes.
I am an Irish Scot and I found the statement by the mp from the SNP for Paisley ms mhairi black to be offensive. You have grudgingly agreed that I am allowed to be offended.
Since we both now agree that I am offended by this statement is it possible that you can see why the award by the saltire society for this mp has shocked me ? Are you able to empathise with me to the point of understanding why this award has shocked me this is my first question
(1) can you see why I am therefore shocked that ms black mp for the SNP from Paisley has been given a saltire award as one if the 10 outstanding women of the year 2018. You do not have to agree but can you see why I am shocked by this. And question
(2) As an SNP member can you at least see why the lack of censure by your party for this public pronouncement by ms black mp has brought into question how the SNP acts to my community. Can you see why I am questioning this.
This is not a wild jump these seem three simple steps.
I called out the SNP to answer these and all I am getting is your diatribes no offence mate but they are just dull and repetitive, but I have called on SNP followers to get in touch with their party to improve the outlook of my community out of the glare of public opinion.
I can only tell you what I am trying to do. I cannot make you listen but the verdict there are two point above I would like you to try and address.1+2
Yours in Celtic hh

Yours in Celtic. Hh

I just want to clear a few things up here ACP, I am NOT an SNP voice nor am I an SNP member and you can't push a wedge between 'me' and the 'Celtic support' because I'm part of that Celtic support. I am a Celtic supporter who has voted SNP so there is NO 'you SNP guys' and 'the Celtic support' we're all the Celtic support.

I think it speaks volumes though that you yourself make that distinction, do you view those of us who happen to vote SNP as somehow being separate or different from the rest of the Celtic support? Also you're not debating with the 'party' on here you're debating with people who have/do vote for the party so anything we say is OUR opinion as individuals we're not speaking officially on behalf of the SNP.

Look as I said I wholeheartedly condemn Mhairi Black's use of the term 'Plastic Irishmen' it's the sort of casual racism/bigotry towards those of us of Irish descent that has become all too familiar and part of the culture in Scotland. Should the SNP condemn her publicly or offer an apology on her behalf? Maybe they should maybe they shouldn't, you think they should but I on the other hand would prefer it if Black HERSELF was to make a public apology for the offence she caused and made it clear that her words were her own and they should in NO way be seen as a reflection on the attitudes within the SNP. They were HER comments after all so it is only right that SHE should be the one who has to face up to and address her casual racism, at least that way we see some personal contrition from her and can judge whether it is genuine or not. I'm more interested in seeing her front up for her mistake and reflect upon why this type of language puts her at odds with the ideology of the party she stands for than seeing her publicly flogged.

As for the Saltire Society well neither I nor anyone else can speak for them anymore than we can speak for the SNP. Maybe they were unaware of this incident, as I pointed out in my earlier post this was neither seized upon by opposition parties or the media and was not a news story with widespread coverage or maybe they knew all about it but didn't care or think it detracted from her work and achievements as an MP, who knows?

Maybe it would be best to direct your questions directly to the SNP and the Saltire society because ONLY THEY can give you the answers you want. That's why I find your reasoning for starting this whole thread so bizarre, if you genuinely want answers then why are you spending all your time looking for them on a Celtic forum instead of going direct to the source? Nobody on here can give you the answers to the questions you've posed and never could so what was the point of asking them on this forum unless of course the point was to stir up anti-SNP sentiment and sow distrust of the SNP within the ranks of the Celtic support?

You talk of deflection, anger etc. well all I've seen is people giving their opinion and you dismissing the opinions of those who disagree with you and expecting them to provide answers to questions you should be directing at others. As for the whataboutery accusation well that's deflection in itself because it's not whataboutery to highlight the very same behaviour by MP's/MSP's of other parties and enquire why you're not asking the same questions of them, does an award by some no-mark society nobody has ever heard of make Mhairi Black's comments any more racist than that of the others? Racism is racism is it not, why does an award make any difference? Why single out this specific instance of anti-Irish racism/bigotry by an SNP MP yet dismiss the countless other instances of it within the Labour and Tory parties where it has been far more endemic and far worse, what makes this instance so different?

As I've said as much as I agree with your condemnation of Mhairi Black I find your reasoning for creating this thread highly suspect, it is bizarre in the extreme to go looking for the answers to these questions on a football forum instead of directing them at the people who could actually answer them.

HH.

I just want to clear a few things up here ACP, I am NOT an SNP voice nor am I an SNP member and you can't push a wedge between 'me' and the 'Celtic support' because I'm part of that Celtic support. I am a Celtic supporter who has voted SNP so there is NO 'you SNP guys' and 'the Celtic support' we're all the Celtic support.

I think it speaks volumes though that you yourself make that distinction, do you view those of us who happen to vote SNP as somehow being separate or different from the rest of the Celtic support? Also you're not debating with the 'party' on here you're debating with people who have/do vote for the party so anything we say is OUR opinion as individuals we're not speaking officially on behalf of the SNP.

Look as I said I wholeheartedly condemn Mhairi Black's use of the term 'Plastic Irishmen' it's the sort of casual racism/bigotry towards those of us of Irish descent that has become all too familiar and part of the culture in Scotland. Should the SNP condemn her publicly or offer an apology on her behalf? Maybe they should maybe they shouldn't, you think they should but I on the other hand would prefer it if Black HERSELF was to make a public apology for the offence she caused and made it clear that her words were her own and they should in NO way be seen as a reflection on the attitudes within the SNP. They were HER comments after all so it is only right that SHE should be the one who has to face up to and address her casual racism, at least that way we see some personal contrition from her and can judge whether it is genuine or not. I'm more interested in seeing her front up for her mistake and reflect upon why this type of language puts her at odds with the ideology of the party she stands for than seeing her publicly flogged.

As for the Saltire Society well neither I nor anyone else can speak for them anymore than we can speak for the SNP. Maybe they were unaware of this incident, as I pointed out in my earlier post this was neither seized upon by opposition parties or the media and was not a news story with widespread coverage or maybe they knew all about it but didn't care or think it detracted from her work and achievements as an MP, who knows?

Maybe it would be best to direct your questions directly to the SNP and the Saltire society because ONLY THEY can give you the answers you want. That's why I find your reasoning for starting this whole thread so bizarre, if you genuinely want answers then why are you spending all your time looking for them on a Celtic forum instead of going direct to the source? Nobody on here can give you the answers to the questions you've posed and never could so what was the point of asking them on this forum unless of course the point was to stir up anti-SNP sentiment and sow distrust of the SNP within the ranks of the Celtic support?

You talk of deflection, anger etc. well all I've seen is people giving their opinion and you dismissing the opinions of those who disagree with you and expecting them to provide answers to questions you should be directing at others. As for the whataboutery accusation well that's deflection in itself because it's not whataboutery to highlight the very same behaviour by MP's/MSP's of other parties and enquire why you're not asking the same questions of them, does an award by some no-mark society nobody has ever heard of make Mhairi Black's comments any more racist than that of the others? Racism is racism is it not, why does an award make any difference? Why single out this specific instance of anti-Irish racism/bigotry by an SNP MP yet dismiss the countless other instances of it within the Labour and Tory parties where it has been far more endemic and far worse, what makes this instance so different?

As I've said as much as I agree with your condemnation of Mhairi Black I find your reasoning for creating this thread highly suspect, it is bizarre in the extreme to go looking for the answers to these questions on a football forum instead of directing them at the people who could actually answer them.

HH.
The wedge between the Celtic support and SNP response was My understanding of the comment you made to me yesterday in your 11:53 post. My response is what I was actually saying for what it is worth.
You have said I am not debating with the party but individuals . Who are the party if not you guys who are arguing for the party here but ok if that is your view I will accept it.
I agree almost entirely with your third paragraph and this is more or less what I was expecting from my post but I disagree with the grace you give the SNP ,probably as a supporter . This is hard but when a member of a party makes a statement like this it is up to the individual and the party to show that it is unacceptable . The party did not . I called them out on this.
Your next paragraph about the saltire society was partly addressed earlier, I will just say again I give them less leahway as this is October and the award must have a vetting process. I do not know also , as stated, who is involved but it was the original reason for my post this rascist commenting mp for the SNP from Paisley ms mhairi black is awarded as one of the ten outstanding women of the year. How far do we go ignoring the behaviour before it is crosses over into condoning it. That point is maybe for the saltire society to address.
I am surely entitled to ask the questions where the hell I like . If this is out of order tell me. Many people have commented indicating that it was a topic which we as a community wanted to talk about. So I have again to face the deflection from the SNP supporter. I am only here to stir up anti-SNP sentiments . More words put in my mouth inspite of the actual words I have said.
Next paragraph the whataboutery again. I have posted on this issue because this rascist mp has been awarded this award inspite of her rascist comments. I would say to you show me the rascist comments and saltire awards that you wish me to discuss and if they are of the clear cut calibre as presented by myself here I will be happy to comment. I can't say fairer than that
Finally I am not on the football forum . I am on the general chat forum. Why does this discussion on the general chat forum about general chat ( in my opinion anyway ) surprise you so.
You have came on in my opinion and tried to address some of my point so I have tried to address some of yours this is what a discussion is about in my opinion.
Yours in Celtic hh

Now that was quite a rant. Let’s look at your accusation of ‘victimhood’. In human history there are those who faired better than others. Many of us humans have experience and historical experience through knowledge of our ancestors of being the victims, real victims, of empires, States, classes, other races, religions etc. It seems to be a very human thing to for all of us to remember that and commemorate it, even to celebrate our survival. The Highland Clearances spring to mind, should we forget those victims? Should we forget the terrible treatment of Scotland’s miners under Thatcher? I don’t live in Scotland but my mother was born there and I spend a lot of time there. I know, I have encountered it many times, there is a definite anti-Irish, anti those of Irish descent living in Scotland, sentiment abroad. This is well documented. James McMillan’s Scotland’s Shame address but one of many. When I hear someone like you, lecturing people on moving on from victimhood while at the same time excusing verbal abuse aimed at those of a certain ethnicity, I realise I am listening to someone who doesn’t see the glaring contradiction in their own argument. You seem to be saying, ‘you’re not a victim but just accept abuse from an elected representative’. You my friend, at this juncture in your life, are not part of any solutions to a more equal, understanding, courageous society, you’re an obstacle. You are no Bruce, you are no Wallace, you are no McClean. You would really need to get off that ultra-nationalist high horse of yours and learn a bit of tolerance - you might also trying to get your heid out of the comics and read a book or two. Alba gu Bràth! Beidh Linne a’ Lá!

The wedge between the Celtic support and SNP response was My understanding of the comment you made to me yesterday in your 11:53 post. My response is what I was actually saying for what it is worth.
You have said I am not debating with the party but individuals . Who are the party if not you guys who are arguing for the party here but ok if that is your view I will accept it.
I agree almost entirely with your third paragraph and this is more or less what I was expecting from my post but I disagree with the grace you give the SNP ,probably as a supporter . This is hard but when a member of a party makes a statement like this it is up to the individual and the party to show that it is unacceptable . The party did not . I called them out on this.
Your next paragraph about the saltire society was partly addressed earlier, I will just say again I give them less leahway as this is October and the award must have a vetting process. I do not know also , as stated, who is involved but it was the original reason for my post this rascist commenting mp for the SNP from Paisley ms mhairi black is awarded as one of the ten outstanding women of the year. How far do we go ignoring the behaviour before it is crosses over into condoning it. That point is maybe for the saltire society to address.
I am surely entitled to ask the questions where the hell I like . If this is out of order tell me. Many people have commented indicating that it was a topic which we as a community wanted to talk about. So I have again to face the deflection from the SNP supporter. I am only here to stir up anti-SNP sentiments . More words put in my mouth inspite of the actual words I have said.
Next paragraph the whataboutery again. I have posted on this issue because this rascist mp has been awarded this award inspite of her rascist comments. I would say to you show me the rascist comments and saltire awards that you wish me to discuss and if they are of the clear cut calibre as presented by myself here I will be happy to comment. I can't say fairer than that
Finally I am not on the football forum . I am on the general chat forum. Why does this discussion on the general chat forum about general chat ( in my opinion anyway ) surprise you so.
You have came on in my opinion and tried to address some of my point so I have tried to address some of yours this is what a discussion is about in my opinion.
Yours in Celtic hh

You clearly didn't say 'The wedge between the Celtic support and SNP' as you indicated above you made a distinction between myself/others and the Celtic support. The following is a direct quote from yourself ACP:

''If what i am saying is being seen as pushing a wedge between you SNP guys and the Celtic support who backed you in their droves I suggest you look at what you guys are doing rather than what I am saying.''

So have we somehow forfeited our right to be included in the 'Celtic support' now because we've voted for the SNP?

You ask 'Who are the party if not you guys who are arguing for the party here'. We are voters who at this moment in time happen to vote for the SNP, I've also voted for Labour in the past so does that make me part of the Labour Party too? Of course it doesn't, I am an individual citizen exercising my democratic right to vote nothing more nothing less. Also I'm NOT an 'SNP Supporter' I'm a Celtic supporter and an SNP voter who votes on the basis of policy not on the basis of some sense of party allegiance, there's a difference.

Of course you are 'entitled to ask the questions where the hell you like' but whether it's in the Celtic chat or General chat sections it's still a football related blog and nobody on either will ever be able to answer the questions you're posing as the only people who could do that are the SNP executive and the Saltire Society and you won't find either on this blog. If you genuinely want answers to these questions then go to the source.

You started the thread and people replied, just because people agreed with some of your points doesn't mean they 'indicated to you it was a subject they specifically wanted to discuss' they were merely participating in a conversation you started, again there's a difference.

You have accused me of deflection and putting words in your mouth, where have I done this? I asked you a question about why you've singled out this particular instance of anti-Irish racism/bigotry while choosing to ignore far more and far worse instances of it by MP's from parties who have a longer track record of it. So if you ask a question it's just a question but if I ask you one it's an attempt at deflection. That's some convenient logic that.

Also at no point have I attempted to put words in your mouth what I have done is question your motives for starting this thread. I don't understand why you would seek the answers to specific political questions on a football related blog, whether you asked them in the General chat or Celtic chat sections is neither here nor there because the people who could actually answer those questions wouldn't be on either. It's Celtic Noise not SNP Noise or Politics Noise!

I suspect you started this thread to instigate an SNP pile-on and sow anti-SNP sentiment amongst the Celtic support and if that's the case then fair enough you're entitled to your political views and opinions but at least take ownership of it instead of hiding behind the fig leaf of Mhairi Black's comments because a quick google search could provide ample evidence of far more and far worse anti-Irish racism/bigotry being spouted by Labour and Tory MP's/councillors and I've yet to see you point an accusatory finger at any of them or accuse their entire parties of being racist for not condemning their behaviour publicly.

HH.
Just a long note to point out the things I have felt it difficult to respond to that I say are deflections and you appear to be pulling me up about as unanswered opinions. This list is not complete it could go on a lot more,
-I am posting on the wrong site,
-I am posting on the wrong subject,
-l am generally getting accused of being outraged too much,
-I am asked who I vote for, ( think about this one, is this the New Caledonia version of what school did you go to, I ask in all seriousness,)
- I am accused of condemning the SNP mp for Paisley ,ms mhairi black for her opinions on catholic education and the Catholic Church ,( yet until this response I have never even used the word catholic but nevertheless I am so accused)
-I am too easily offended,
-I have had my nationality questioned,
-I have talk of dna testing to prove ethnicity
-I am hamming it up
-I am to calm down
-I am told I am spouting shite
-I have had even the validity of the comments made questioned,
-I am looking for sympathy,
-I should argue my own corner,
-I am behaving in a nauseating manner,
-I am even delusional ( for the post I started with ,for a bit of fun where I went on to talk about gulags in musselborough and Elgin and Jimmy shand and porridge),
I could go on there are pages of this but for sheer mentalness and the ultimate in deflection I direct you to the last and possibly most deflective opinion as stated by the SNP supporters. So far. This goes to your good self Andy bhoy 88 .
- I am sowing distrust of the SNP amongst the Celtic support. Think about it for a moment. I post a chat thread on the SNP mp for Paisley ms mhairi black and her anti Irish scots community rascism. I Am amazed at the awarding agency for its poor judgement and the SNP for not censuring her. I ask fellow readers of this site who have SNP connections to bring this to their attention and yet I am sowing distrust among the Celtic fans of the SNP . The SNP mp who made the remark of a rascist nature is only gradually being condemned here but is getting an award as one of the ten outstanding women of 2018, now that is proper deflection.
sorry if this is a bit out of synch.
Your in Celtic hh

You clearly didn't say 'The wedge between the Celtic support and SNP' as you indicated above you made a distinction between myself/others and the Celtic support. The following is a direct quote from yourself ACP:

''If what i am saying is being seen as pushing a wedge between you SNP guys and the Celtic support who backed you in their droves I suggest you look at what you guys are doing rather than what I am saying.''

So have we somehow forfeited our right to be included in the 'Celtic support' now because we've voted for the SNP?

You ask 'Who are the party if not you guys who are arguing for the party here'. We are voters who at this moment in time happen to vote for the SNP, I've also voted for Labour in the past so does that make me part of the Labour Party too? Of course it doesn't, I am an individual citizen exercising my democratic right to vote nothing more nothing less. Also I'm NOT an 'SNP Supporter' I'm a Celtic supporter and an SNP voter who votes on the basis of policy not on the basis of some sense of party allegiance, there's a difference.

Of course you are 'entitled to ask the questions where the hell you like' but whether it's in the Celtic chat or General chat sections it's still a football related blog and nobody on either will ever be able to answer the questions you're posing as the only people who could do that are the SNP executive and the Saltire Society and you won't find either on this blog. If you genuinely want answers to these questions then go to the source.

You started the thread and people replied, just because people agreed with some of your points doesn't mean they 'indicated to you it was a subject they specifically wanted to discuss' they were merely participating in a conversation you started, again there's a difference.

You have accused me of deflection and putting words in your mouth, where have I done this? I asked you a question about why you've singled out this particular instance of anti-Irish racism/bigotry while choosing to ignore far more and far worse instances of it by MP's from parties who have a longer track record of it. So if you ask a question it's just a question but if I ask you one it's an attempt at deflection. That's some convenient logic that.

Also at no point have I attempted to put words in your mouth what I have done is question your motives for starting this thread. I don't understand why you would seek the answers to specific political questions on a football related blog, whether you asked them in the General chat or Celtic chat sections is neither here nor there because the people who could actually answer those questions wouldn't be on either. It's Celtic Noise not SNP Noise or Politics Noise!

I suspect you started this thread to instigate an SNP pile-on and sow anti-SNP sentiment amongst the Celtic support and if that's the case then fair enough you're entitled to your political views and opinions but at least take ownership of it instead of hiding behind the fig leaf of Mhairi Black's comments because a quick google search could provide ample evidence of far more and far worse anti-Irish racism/bigotry being spouted by Labour and Tory MP's/councillors and I've yet to see you point an accusatory finger at any of them or accuse their entire parties of being racist for not condemning their behaviour publicly.
Like I say out of synch I was mid post.
You have not shown me the labour or Tory mp who has said similar and been awarded as outstanding, so I take it that is what you mean when you are telling me to google.
So I have to look for arguments in defence of your position now . Man alive I have heard it all.
I choose not to tell my past or present voting intentions that is between me and the ballot box this is a vital element in a democracy. You can choose to expose yours as you see fit.
The wedge as I said was my understanding of your comment to that effect
Is this it.
I just don't know what to answer and what to ignore all your opinions are yours . I asked for you to give me a fact. That I would comment on I say the same again.
Yours in Celtic hh

Like I say out of synch I was mid post.
You have not shown me the labour or Tory mp who has said similar and been awarded as outstanding, so I take it that is what you mean when you are telling me to google.
So I have to look for arguments in defence of your position now . Man alive I have heard it all.
I choose not to tell my past or present voting intentions that is between me and the ballot box this is a vital element in a democracy. You can choose to expose yours as you see fit.
The wedge as I said was my understanding of your comment to that effect
Is this it.
I just don't know what to answer and what to ignore all your opinions are yours . I asked for you to give me a fact. That I would comment on I say the same again.
Yours in Celtic hh

We're going round in circles now ACP. I've condemned Mhairi Black unequivocally, I have sympathised with and echoed your disgust at what she said, I have pointed you in the direction of the people who can give you the answers to the very specific questions you want answered, I have done my best to answer all of the questions you've asked of me even though you've continually ignored the ones I've posed to you.

I fail to see why Mhairi Black receiving an award from some society no one has ever heard of makes her anti-Irish racism/bigotry more worthy of condemnation than that of the many Tory and Labour MP's who've uttered similar and much worse over the years that you conveniently choose to ignore. I advised you to google this so you could see the countless examples of it (Douglas Ross, Andy Kerr, Nick Harrington, Alastair Majury, John Buchan, Murdo Fraser to name but a few recent examples) but as it proves my point you use the 'So I have to look for arguments in defence of your position now' excuse to bat away an inconvenient truth that highlights the selective nature of who you think is worthy of condemnation for this type of behaviour.

This garbage should be called out whoever says it no matter what party they belong to and not done selectively because of a personal political dislike or bias. You either call them all out or you call none of them out, you don't get to pick and choose just because you have an axe to grind with a particular party or MP.

If you see any of what I have written as deflection then I'm wasting my time discussing this with you any further. I hope you get the answers you want but I very much doubt you'll get them on here.

HH.

We're going round in circles now ACP. I've condemned Mhairi Black unequivocally, I have sympathised with and echoed your disgust at what she said, I have pointed you in the direction of the people who can give you the answers to the very specific questions you want answered, I have done my best to answer all of the questions you've asked of me even though you've continually ignored the ones I've posed to you.

I fail to see why Mhairi Black receiving an award from some society no one has ever heard of makes her anti-Irish racism/bigotry more worthy of condemnation than that of the many Tory and Labour MP's who've uttered similar and much worse over the years that you conveniently choose to ignore. I advised you to google this so you could see the countless examples of it (Douglas Ross, Andy Kerr, Nick Harrington, Alastair Majury, John Buchan, Murdo Fraser to name but a few recent examples) but as it proves my point you use the 'So I have to look for arguments in defence of your position now' excuse to bat away an inconvenient truth that highlights the selective nature of who you think is worthy of condemnation for this type of behaviour.

This garbage should be called out whoever says it no matter what party they belong to and not done selectively because of a personal political dislike or bias. You either call them all out or you call none of them out, you don't get to pick and choose just because you have an axe to grind with a particular party or MP.

If you see any of what I have written as deflection then I'm wasting my time discussing this with you any further. I hope you get the answers you want but I very much doubt you'll get them on here.

HH.
I will be brief.
I thank you I think for the condemnation of the rascist remark by the SNP mp for Paisley ms mhairi black. I think you have condemned as insignificant or uniformed or deliberately ignoring the saltire society for the award being given which initiated this debate.
You do not seem prepared to criticise the SNP the party you currently vote for , I do because if a person is an mp for a party they represent that party. The SNP do not seem to care about this one . Would it have been the same if she had used a similarly rascist remark against other minorities no one can say but I think it is safe to say we can probably assume yes. I asked who is speaking up for us , and I ask again if any here have the ear of the SNP could they privately or publicly bring this to their attention. I have no ear of any political party.
All the most vitriolic attacks have come on here and pressed me to express anger at labour and to a lesser extent Tory acts of rascism. I am not a member of either. I do not feel I have to satisfy this itch for the sake of the SNP voters( for the tiMe being ) if I came across a similar award being given inspite of the anti Irish rascism of the same or similar nature by a member of another party I may or may not depending on my strength of will at the time comment on it. When you are of an older generation and not in an I.T. world it is a challenge to put your opinion out there.
I will mostly just feel a wee bit less supported in this country again .
A good snap shot of where those who identify with the Irish scots community in Scotland find themselves can found inreading some of the posts in this chat . I did not expect this rage . It feels like if you do not identify yourself as an SNP voter it is open season to be attacked. I have tried to be civil and respectful I came to this forum ( with some throw away barbs for emphasis but no personal attacks )as a Celtic fan from a invitation on a Celtic fans page. I did not expect the anti Irish scots rascist mp for the SNP for Paisley and her award and the lack of censure by the SNP to be a controversial opinion . Beforeyou read this and attack I will not post again but I urge you all to look at the state of anti Irish scots rascism in this country . There are moves to try and address it ( if a hall can be found, I am too old for this fight)
As I put the smallest violin away ( thanks for that one ) I would like to thank those who commented in a dignified and respectful way and those who supported my disgust at the award.
Yours in Celtic hh

Back