Are the Orange Order on the run

There was about 20 of the fuckers clogging up the road in East Kilbride this morning, along with about 3 of the ugliest bassas under the Sun trolling behind them. At first I thought it was a police march until I got nearer and unfortunately caught a glimpse of the toy soldiers behind them.

???
I saw that from ma gaff it was absolutely hilarious in its pitiful showing !

Didn't know that mate, but while working in Solihul (Touchwood Shopping Centre) near Birmingham some years back I met a girl in David Lloyds Fitness Arena........at least the Cinema part of it, and she showed me a few places of interest.

One was Sarehole Park in Olton where the original story by John Ronald Ruel Tolkien was first written about Middle Earth, Hobbits, Lords, Rings etc.

She took me to a Wetherspoons pub in Acocks Green called the Spreadeagle where I even sat in his well worn Oxford University chair dating from 1938....probably still there today, in the back of the pub with the white rope around it.
Back then I bought an original proofed signed portrait of him at an auction for £150 in 2001....

...however.....the first Lord of the Rings movie we both went to see in the Lloyds Cinema in Solihul back then, and ten minutes from the end of the film, the fire alarms went off.....firemen came in "evacced" the place....and everybody out.......and to date I've never ever got to see the end of the film... not even yet!!
Though they did give us two free return tickets within the year.

She wasn't interested in football.....then... though she lived 600 yards from Aston Villa......but by the end of the month she knew more about Celtic and Paradise than Master G, the slipmeister ever did!
Sarehole park?:LOL::ROFLMAO:I love it,,sounds like a George Michael hangout

Cut &Paste from Saint Stivs on CQN

Orange parade planned for Port Glasgow is to be re-routed following complaints

By Lorraine Tinney @greenocktele

A THREE thousand strong Orange parade planned for Port Glasgow is to be re-routed following complaints from police and transport chiefs.

Organisers wanted to march through the town centre then along the A8 to Coronation Park and back on Fair Saturday, June 29.

But there were objections over the fact that the procession would close the A8 for more than four hours.

Police said this would have major repercussions for residents, road safety and, in the case of any accident, affect the capability of emergency services.

A spokesman for Inverclyde Council said: “The intended route of the proposed Orange Order walk could lead to the A8 being closed for four hours or more.

“The A8 is the main route in and out of Inverclyde and this could have serious repercussions for local residents, road safety and the ability of the emergency services to respond in the event of an incident.

“It would also entail a 50 mile diversion for motorists and HGVs

“Police Scotland and Transport Scotland both objected to the proposed route.”

Talks have now been held between the Grand Lodge of Scotland and the council to agree a new route and minimise disruption.

The parade will now leave from Ardgowan Street and go through the town, with marchers assembling at the town’s park and ride for speeches rather than Coronation Park.

Robert McLean, executive officer of the Grand Lodge of Scotland, told the Telegraph that changes in detail prior to such an event were part of the planning.

He said: “It is one of the main parades that takes place every 12 years.

“The County Grand Lodge of Ayrshire, Renfrewshire and Argyll, all the lodges in that area converge on Port Glasgow.

“We spent a lot of time with the council, police and local people as part of the planning process.

“We are looking forward to a good day in Port Glasgow at the end of June.”

Port Glasgow West Community Council had also objected to the original route.

Secretary Tommy Rodger said: “It is Fair Saturday.

“People will be starting their holiday journeys, and would be greatly hindered trying to access the Port Glasgow train station, the McGill’s Buses timetable would be totally disrupted, bus journeys for passengers would take ages and car and bus commuters on the A8 would face tailbacks either side of Port Glasgow.

“This chaos on the A8 at Port Glasgow would put at risk potential connections for flights and other travel links.

Port councillor David Wilson today welcomed the decision to change the proposed route.

Councillor Wilson said: “The parade will now leave Ardgowan Street and go through the town.

“A wreath will be laid at the war memorial and people will now gather at Highholm Street Park and Ride instead of the Coronation Park for speeches.

“It is a sensible solution.”

She looked like Taylor Dayne's double from the Eighties (Tell it to my Heart) and even sang like her as her party piece when on a Hen night in a Putney's Pilot night out.
She came up to Dundee for a visit on one of her rare weekends off, and went nuts over Broughty Ferry, and loved the place.
A bit like Patrick Swayze out with Taylor Dayne (ending up in Distihl's up town), or so the arseholes I have as mates have never let me forget....You'll know what I mean.

In London, she was a totally different person showing off in front of me with all these gays and lesbians around her........it was always going to end in tears.......so I stayed in Solihul with the Wegie guys and had some of the best times ever!
article-2662259-1EE57C8E00000578-635_634x286.jpg

View attachment 3026

Billy McSlobson of the 1st battalion Ronald McDonald's royal rangers, bursting with pride.

Proudly following in the hoofs of auld Papa Slob of deepest darkest Peru Grand lodge ( Paddington's own regt )
View attachment 3027
Where are the fashion police.
That lot should wear slimming coloured shirts..... Black with grey vertical stripesby

talking about the orange rabble many years ago back in the 1970s we were having our break in the staff canteen when someone read an article in the paper about how furious orangemen ranted about one of their parades being rerouted and the wee guy sitting across from me said furious orangemen ?i didn't know there were any other kind

talking about the orange rabble many years ago back in the 1970s we were having our break in the staff canteen when someone read an article in the paper about how furious orangemen ranted about one of their parades being rerouted and the wee guy sitting across from me said furious orangemen ?i didn't know there were any other kind

Angry is their fkn default setting.

As a 20 year old I was a medical student I was travelling by train and boat from Glasgow to do a summer elective in a Dublin hospital. When the ship arrived at Larne I got on an empty train carriage to travel to Belfast to make the connection for Dublin. Just before we departed the carriage suddenly filled with a Scottish Orange marching band in full regalia. So just imagine the scene. Me sitting near the window with long flowing red hair and a backpack as the only Catholic in the entire carriage. I did not feel safe. Many of them were very intoxicated.
One peered at me and said "Who you?" They are looked at me. Waiting for a reply.
I put on a very accurate French accent and replied "Parrdonnez-moi! Monsieur."
He replied "Yer a Frenchie?"
I nodded and said "Oui!".
He said "We're a baund heading tae play in the walk in Belfast"
I replied "What iz un baund?"
He replied, " A baund? Well it's a baund. Music like. Flutes and drum ye know.
"Aha, une orchestre?"
" Nah mate - a baund"
"Aha une baunde?
He smiled "Yeah a great baund."
I realised that I would have to keep the accent up for the whole journey so picked up my novel and read relatively undisturbed.
As we neared the station I saw lots of Union Jack bunting. I decided to have a bit of fun.
I pointed to the bunting "Eet eez a feast day no?"
"Nah mate no a feast. We don't dae feasts. It's the 12th."
I looked puzzled.
"It's fer the glorious 12th!"
I looked excited and cried out "I av eard of zis Glorious 12th"
He looked surprised and said 'Ye huv? That's amazeballs."
"Oui ze Glorious 12th. Ze start of ze grouse shooting season."
He looked confused "Whit the fuck?"
He eventually said "King Bully wan a battle."
"Was zis a year ago?
"Naw mate, 1690."
" Was zat ze number of grouse that he shot"
He waved me away " Ach, ye widnae understawn"
We pulled into Belfast station. I survived the journey.

Last edited:
As a 20 year old I was a medical student I was travelling by train and boat from Glasgow to do a summer elective in a Dublin hospital. When the ship arrived at Larne I got on an empty train carriage to travel to Belfast to make the connection for Dublin. Just before we departed the carriage suddenly filled with a Scottish Orange marching band in full regalia. So just imagine the scene. Me sitting near the window with long flowing red hair and a backpack as the only Catholic in the entire carriage. I did not feel safe. Many of them were very intoxicated.
One peered at me and said "Who you?" They are looked at me. Waiting for a reply.
"Aha, une orchestre?"
" Nah mate - a baund"
"Aha une baunde?
I picked up my novel and read undisturbed.
As we neared the station I saw lots of Union Jack bunting. I decided to have a bit of fun.
I looked puzzled.
"Was zis a year ago?
"Naw mate, 1690."
brilliant Fisiani,even better, their "battle of the the Boyne" never took place on the 12th! mon the grouse!!!!!

"Aha, une orchestre?"
" Nah mate - a baund"
"Aha une baunde?
I picked up my novel and read undisturbed.
I looked puzzled.
"Was zis a year ago?
"Naw mate, 1690."

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: Hilarious, Fisiani! Bravo!

Back