Artificial is not Intelligent, it's killing the Beautiful Game. Why It's time to Bin the Plastic

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Artificial is not Intelligent, it's killing the Beautiful Game. Why It's time to Bin the Plastic...

Dodgy bounces,no zip in the passes ,get them tae fuck.

One often overlooked point is the effect these pitches are having on the National Team. It cannot be a coincidence that the rise of plastic pitches in Scotland has coincided with the decline of the Scottish international side. How can we pick players who regularly play on this surface then look out of their depths on grass. Steve Clarke should know this more than anyone.

Blame the SFA and the SPL/SPFL who have brought in huge amounts in sponsorship over many years ( tiny in comparison to the EPL , I know ! ) yet have seen clubs struggling for income who , in desperation , have turned to plastic pitches ( and not even the best available ) in order to survive .

A body/bodies responsible for the guardianship of the professional game should have ensured that each member club had the wherewithal to at least have the minimum requirement for the game's development - a proper , quality grass pitch .

Just think - the money used to pay off McLeish could have funded several good quality pitches at Hamilton or Livingston for at least a season !

HH

Blame the SFA and the SPL/SPFL who have brought in huge amounts in sponsorship over many years ( tiny in comparison to the EPL , I know ! ) yet have seen clubs struggling for income who , in desperation , have turned to plastic pitches ( and not even the best available ) in order to survive .

A body/bodies responsible for the guardianship of the professional game should have ensured that each member club had the wherewithal to at least have the minimum requirement for the game's development - a proper , quality grass pitch .

Just think - the money used to pay off McLeish could have funded several good quality pitches at Hamilton or Livingston for at least a season !

HH
you can give they clubs the funding but would they spend it on a pitch think you'll find the answer to that is no , it's the bowling club mentality in this contry, where the folk in charge at the SFA are folk that ran these same small clubs Ambitionless would be an understatement

While I agree with the article about banning plastic pitches, imho it aint going to happen, fifa and Uefa sanction games on them, and if memory serves me a Champions league final was played on one, now some of these pitches could and should be replaced with a more updated version but thats another story, however a outright ban wont get the backing it needs.

Again imho we need to learn how to play on these pitches, ie no mad tackles, keep possession and if you have to play a long pass or cross float the ball not hammer it.

H.H

It's one excuse after another on here, if it's not the Masonic referees that's out to stop us it's something else ,now it's the plastic pitches that's the problem.

Maybe the plastic is not suited to the way that Celtic play the game but every other team has to play on the same pitches so why bring it up now after getting beat at the weekend?..sounds a bit of "any excuse will do" instead of admitting we were just rotten and got bullied by a better team on the day.

The bottom line is it's not anyone's fault other than Neil Lennon's, he's the problem, it's not bent refs or plastic pitches that'll cost us the league but it'll be him because he's not good enough for Celtic,

Gubbed in the ECL and 2 points behind those diddies for me is already unacceptable and it's probably going to get worse..it's 4/6 us and 1/1 them with the bookies for the league, 4/6 is not a bad price in a two horse race when the other team are supposedly shite!!

I'd normally steam in at those odds but not as long as lennon's in charge i won't, I've said it before that Neil Lennon's a liability and that he's going to cost us the league and probably within a few weeks most of you will agree with me..just wait and see.

It's one excuse after another on here, if it's not the Masonic referees that's out to stop us it's something else ,now it's the plastic pitches that's the problem.

Maybe the plastic is not suited to the way that Celtic play the game but every other team has to play on the same pitches so why bring it up now after getting beat at the weekend?..sounds a bit of "any excuse will do" instead of admitting we were just rotten and got bullied by a better team on the day.

The bottom line is it's not anyone's fault other than Neil Lennon's, he's the problem, it's not bent refs or plastic pitches that'll cost us the league but it'll be him because he's not good enough for Celtic,

Gubbed in the ECL and 2 points behind those diddies for me is already unacceptable and it's probably going to get worse..it's 4/6 us and 1/1 them with the bookies for the league, 4/6 is not a bad price in a two horse race when the other team are supposedly shite!!

I'd normally steam in at those odds but not as long as lennon's in charge i won't, I've said it before that Neil Lennon's a liability and that he's going to cost us the league and probably within a few weeks most of you will agree with me..just wait and see.
What did you think about the way we played against Cluj last Thursday? Or the way we skelped the hun at Ipox a few weeks ago? Was Lennon not involved in those? We have more points in the league, we're in a better position in Europe and exactly the same position in the league Cup as we were a year ago under the god like genius serpent, but Lennon's a liability? Bollox how does that sound.

Other teams are not going to be rolled over when it comes down to dog eat dog, Livi will use their surface to their advantage and when they have a full squad to choose from will be hard for all teams to get to grips with. A manager like Gary Holt knows this and he uses his tools, wisely, Livi have outfoxed teams using their advantage and in doing so have earned their survival in the division sitting in a healthy position to other teams expected to be above them.

Anyone who thinks all the other teams in the divsion will simply be cannon fodder when it comes to the two teams sitting top are not thinking straight, to drop out of the SPFL can be catastrophic for teams and some may never return like the two Thistles for example.

Celtic will suffer other hiccups on the road as will other teams, Celtic will be more equipped to deal with hiccups due to the depth of squad and spending power, but, they will still suffer small setbacks regardless, the amount of games they play will determine this fact, but they are resoloute to capatilise when this happens, they have the mentality and know how and squad size.

Below Celtic it is dog eat dog some with survival aspirations and others with cup hope as this can transform a season for them, however when all is stripped bare, there is only one team capable of maintaining the title and there is only one team who can throw it away, if the title was decided over 8 games Celtic would have wrapped it up, they would simply out-match the oppositions intention and blow them away, however it is not, it is over 60 games if previous titles are to be examined with the title, domestic cups and Europe to contend with, Celtic have to utilise the resources and game manage the squad, this can sometimes throw up the odd mismatch or fail to gain the upperhand in the physical tangible surrounding leading to dropped points, however the setback we witnessed at the weekend is the exact same setback other clubs will face, however, some will face them too regurarly and find themselves struggling and this in turn may lead to that team been more dangerous when we or our rivals next meet them.

Hearts are five places off the team in sixth place and are 15 adrift the team sitting top, Hearts face that team in the next game and should they fail to get a result they could see themselves overtaken and rooted to the bottom of the division. I believe the title starts after the break and the teams start to plot the games they need to get something from or face the drop and for some perhaps extinction
from top flight football.

Football is not won or judged on dropping 4 points with 30 games still remaining, without the domestics and Europa still to be played. Celtic may have lost the title whe BR left and we had brought in some other manager, instead we brought in the perfect fit, a guy who knew what was required to get the title and the treble over the line, job done, time to move on and take the break and prepare the onslaught of game after game till the season ends. HH We Are All Neil Lennon

Short memory hoopy eh!.did you forget we were gubbed in the ECL by cluj just a few short weeks ago?

Btw we're in a better position than who in Europe? and we have more points than who in the league? Sure he managed to scrape through the cup game against Dunfermline I'll give you that, and he's managed to beat sevco..good job for him or we wouldn't be having this conversation as he'd already been gone.

Short memory hoopy eh!.did you forget we were gubbed in the ECL by cluj just a few short weeks ago?

Btw we're in a better position than who in Europe? and we have more points than who in the league? Sure he managed to scrape through the cup game against Dunfermline I'll give you that, and he's managed to beat sevco..good job for him or we wouldn't be having this conversation as he'd already been gone.
No i haven't forgotten.
A better position in Europe than WE were in a year ago, 2 games into the group last season we'd already been gubbed by Salzburg.
More points in the league than WE had last season, we'd been beaten twice by this stage last season, we're you calling the serpent a liability and wanting him sacked? Or is it just Lenny that gets that kind of special treatment?

Back