As a club, our main problem isn’t Rodgers leaving, it’s Lawell staying

No. That’s not the point. We should have been prepared to give us a fighting chance with the resources we have. It’s been a summer where of the players bought, only one took to the field and we had to play or chose to play Calmac at LB.

That’s appalling bad judgement and only highlights the failure in scouting and ambition. Until we realise that our Defence would contravene the Trades Description Act and address that with real investment, not punts on cheaper players who aren’t up to it, then we will never move up when our back door is hinging by a rusty screw.
We have players worth multiples of cluj

we played at home with 60k fans

tactics screwed us

But its the tactics (not players imo) that are no use.

But the only tactics we can practise in scotland with our team is all out attack since other teams must defend defend defend

that leaves us weak against proper counter attacking quality

We should be better than that at home but we make same mistakes in cl games every season no matter which defenders we use.

Even better defenders would still be weak in that system we used

our system is weak because the only one we can win in scotland is the one which leaves us wide open against proper teams.

the broken money system is mostly to blame
trying to compete in elite markets will not solve the problem, in fact it will waste money winning tables that we should be able to win without overkill spending which imo won't solve the cl problem, its a lottery

well done cluj

bad show lennon

personally I couldn't care less if lawell is driven out but imo a different spending ceos doesn't fix the Scottish game

tactics screwed us

But the only tactics we can practise in scotland with our team is all out attack since other teams must defend defend defend

We should be better than that at home but we make same mistakes in cl games every season no matter which defenders we use.

our system is weak because the only one we can win in scotland is the one which leaves us wide open against proper teams.

trying to compete in elite markets will not solve the problem, in fact it will waste money winning tables that we should be able to win without overkill spending which imo won't solve the cl problem, its a lottery

well done cluj

bad show lennon

personally I couldn't care less if lawell is driven out but imo a different spending ceos doesn't fix the Scottish game

We need a change of leadership. Risk averse dithering every year, failure to address our awful defence, new blood in the midfield we have been promised since Rogers still not here.

It won’t happen as he is bombproof. I would have some respect for him if he took responsibility and resigned.

I think I might put an offer in for those Five Magic Beans.

We need a change of leadership. Risk averse dithering every year, failure to address our awful defence, new blood in the midfield we have been promised since Rogers still not here.

It won’t happen as he is bombproof. I would have some respect for him if he took responsibility and resigned.

magic beans?

like I said I am quite open to having a new leadership after watching last night

But its not going to solve the problems you want solved.

we have better players than most clubs in europe
to get better than we already have we need pay more than what we value our players

the players that are better than our players are mostly already getting wages we cant afford and play in leagues that are more football oriented

the problems celtic have of 4 qualifiers against champions of leagues which play teams better than we do in scotland will have the 3rd and 4th qualifiers against teams that will really test us

And we already have high quality players that are good enough

they mostly get underpaid for their quality and we struggle to afford the current wage bill

never mind the higher paid players that fit your ideal system

even with Man City players I suspect the year long against Scottish teams would leave them with same lottery as current batch

no matter how good you are if you aren't getting tested properly then when you get test you won't always squish the test

but last night our system was so stupid as was the captain

now had that been boliningoli that caught ball im sure his career at celtic would be over

thats how it goes though

magic beans?

like I said I am quite open to having a new leadership after watching last night

to get better than we already have we need pay more than what we value our players

the players that are better than our players are mostly already getting wages we cant afford and play in leagues that are more football oriented

the problems celtic have of 4 qualifiers against champions of leagues which play teams better than we do in scotland will have the 3rd and 4th qualifiers against teams that will really test us

they mostly get underpaid for their quality and we struggle to afford the current wage bill

even with Man City players I suspect the year long against Scottish teams would leave them with same lottery as current batch

no matter how good you are if you aren't getting tested properly then when you get test you won't always squish the test

now had that been boliningoli that caught ball im sure his career at celtic would be over

thats how it goes though

I use the term magic beans as a metaphor for believing anything you are told.

My greatest sadness is this is a cycle of failure we seem unable to break out of. We never learn and I would be surprised if anybody is surprised we have fucked up again.

That’s the worst thing for me. That’s what breaks my heart.

I use the term magic beans as a metaphor for believing anything you are told.

My greatest sadness is this is a cycle of failure we seem unable to break out of. We never learn and I would be surprised if anybody is surprised we have fucked up again.

That’s the worst thing for me. That’s what breaks my heart.
hubris mate

we are guilty of hubris, didn't properly defend in the system

im certain Killie at home would not lose 4 goals to cluj

the big scores in league are hiding the weakness of the system

better players winning 10 nil in scotland every game might not solve the hubris

tactics screwed us

well done cluj

bad show lennon

Thats a problem pal, every manager in Scotland will disect that game with a view to beating us.

Said last night everyone has an off day and i’m hoping that was Lenny’s and its put to bed with a learn.

Oh in btw i read all your post there well done on shortening them ?? But given the nature of the thread i had to see your reply ???

Your a cracker oor TET, don’t ever change my good friend.

Verdict, we just never seem ready which is inexcusable. Every CEO knows the benefit of forecasting. Planning. Ours?

tactics screwed us

well done cluj

bad show lennon

That it ,a replacement for Lawwell won’t change \fixthings, last night was down to disgraceful team selection/tactics,but further than that ,your right the Scottish game cannot compete with the rest of Europe,in terms of money and talent available to even the mid table teams in the PL down south ,but last night was DOWN purely to us and us alone,hh

Reactions: TET
magic beans?

thats how it goes though

I wish DD would stump up more. Its ok for corrupt convicts then as long as DD ain’t killing kids show us the benji’s baby.

Verdict, we just never seem ready which is inexcusable. Every CEO knows the benefit of forecasting. Planning. Ours?

Maria I don’t know how he gets away with it and haven’t for years. It reminds me of The Kings New Clothes. How long will it take for his defenders to see he is naked? Sevco winning the league? Is that where we have to end up?

I am fucking gutted not because we lost, but because we didn’t prepare to win. One player on the park who we bought.

What does that say about our planning, recruitment and ambition?

It says it time for a change. Well, it does for me. It won’t happen though. We will continue with a risk averse Cunt who is more interested in a balance sheet that a team who could fill our coffers. It’s a downward spiral, and Lawell is front and centre.

Is Lennon his own man??
I like to think that after everything hes been through that some guy in a suit, in this case Lawwell, wouldnt frightening him. But why the fuck did he play mcgregor out of position. To facilitate Ntcham. A guy who doesnt want to be here and has only started trying in matches to force through a sale (IMO)
Has Lawwell been told by certain clubs that they need to see what they are buying? Has he, in turn, told lenny that ntcham has to play?
We have boli and hayes.
Why play one of our strongest midfielders out of position? For a guy who wont even be here come september.
We have a squad full of quality who want to compete in champions league.
It will be hard to hold onto them now.

Maria I don’t know how he gets away with it and haven’t for years. It reminds me of The Kings New Clothes. How long will it take for his defenders to see he is naked? Sevco winning the league? Is that where we have to end up?

I am fucking gutted not because we lost, but because we didn’t prepare to win. One player on the park who we bought.

It says it time for a change. Well, it does for me. It won’t happen though. We will continue with a risk averse Cunt who is more interested in a balance sheet that a team who could fill our coffers. It’s a downward spiral, and Lawell is front and centre.

Its not been about football for a long time pal, sadly, i don’t want it about fatcats ....

Is Lennon his own man??
I like to think that after everything hes been through that some guy in a suit, in this case Lawwell, wouldnt frightening him. But why the fuck did he play mcgregor out of position. To facilitate Ntcham. A guy who doesnt want to be here and has only started trying in matches to force through a sale (IMO)
Has Lawwell been told by certain clubs that they need to see what they are buying? Has he, in turn, told lenny that ntcham has to play?
We have boli and hayes.
Why play one of our strongest midfielders out of position? For a guy who wont even be here come september.
We have a squad full of quality who want to compete in champions league.
It will be hard to hold onto them now.

Mind you left your job? We’re all accountable as parents to put the bread n butter on the table but by fk how can anyone question what he gave for our cause let alone come back to it.

Lets see it as a mistake. We all make them pal. I know trust me i’m human

Mind you left your job? We’re all accountable as parents to put the bread n butter on the table but by fk how can anyone question what he gave for our cause let alone come back to it.

Lets see it as a mistake. We all make them pal. I know trust me i’m human

Not sure how me leaving my job has anything to do with this Maria.
I never questioned what lenny gave to the cause at any point either. I asked was he being forced to play Ntcham so suitors can see what they are bidding for?? Valid question I feel.
Lenny made a massive mistake last night. I was just wondering if it was all his own work or has he been told Ntcham has to play?
Unless someone on here know lenny and Lawwell I'm fully aware I wont get an answer to that question. But it's one that's been bouncing around my brain so I stuck it on the noise.

Personally, I hope he hasn't become lawwells yes man.
I hope hes got a bit more about him than simply coming to Celtic to be a yes man to Lawwell so he can keep his job.
Like you said maria. He has to put food on his kids table and no one else was offering him work.

I never questioned what lenny gave to the cause at any point either. I asked was he being forced to play Ntcham so suitors can see what they are bidding for?? Valid question I feel.
Lenny made a massive mistake last night. I was just wondering if it was all his own work or has he been told Ntcham has to play?
Unless someone on here know lenny and Lawwell I'm fully aware I wont get an answer to that question. But it's one that's been bouncing around my brain so I stuck it on the noise.
Fair comment Lubo Hh

Personally, I hope he hasn't become lawwells yes man.
I hope hes got a bit more about him than simply coming to Celtic to be a yes man to Lawwell so he can keep his job.
Like you said maria. He has to put food on his kids table and no one else was offering him work.
Lubo can I ask ,why was he not offered any job ,let that sink in for a minute bud ! This was the cheap option from Lawwell,now he has to stand up and explain ,but of course he won’t ,if any comment is forthcoming it won’t be from him,At the end of the day ,the fault lies totally with Lennon ,! no one else ,It is obvious I don’t like him ,not hiding it ,will say what I feel /think,he is a disaster,he can redeem himself by doing his job,he lost us £30/40 mil,that is the crux of this shambles !celtic forever, bigger than any individual,he learns so ,or gets to feck out ,won’t even sorry to see the back of him Hh

You know something V, you and my dearly departed father would have got on so well.

Reason. We all live in hope to get it the getherk.

But shot isn’t baed on pne gsme regardless of that game killin us.

We are what we are my friend n we fight.

I have been quoted that many times from last night pal that i can’t even remember but trust me on this Lubo it would only be fitba. Your my pal. ??

You know something V, you and my dearly departed father would have got on so well.

Reason. We all live in hope to get it the getherk.

But shot isn’t baed on pne gsme regardless of that game killin us.

We are what we are my friend n we fight.

I have been quoted that many times from last night pal that i can’t even remember but trust me on this Lubo it would only be fitba. Your my pal. ??

100% Maria. I've not been offended by anything you have said and like wise I hope I haven't offended you. We have both disagreed with each other but still buddies and still love the Celtic....???

Reactions: Ray
It really doesn’t matter who comes in with Bonus Ball in charge. The other boot to the balls is if Rogers can’t get any money, no one will.

BB liked to wax lyrical about us feasting at the top table, but thought that would happen without having to buy a ticket.

He is the reason we continually stall when ahead then fall back. He continually fails to realize that structured and constant upgrading is required. Especially with our Defence.

I know a lot of people think the sun shines out of his arse, none more so than him. But, it’s what we could have achieved if his ultra cautious outlook wasn’t the norm.

Anybody coming in with him still the only one who knows where the tin is hidden means we stagnate. A big name like Rogers, back to back trebles and still it remained hidden.

It is clear ambition is still a bad word in our boardroom. And until the shite bags in there are gone we will get better, sell our best players, fall back and Europe will be a pipe dream.

My sadness today is not solely that Rogers has left, but that Lawell remains. That’s a bigger problem, for me at least. Lawell has won his battle with Rogers. That caution over ambition is the winner is an awful indictment of where we are as a club. Fucking Leicester. A shitty little club.
Tells you all you need to know about the relationship with Lawell. A big team, aye, fine. But this?

Go fuck yourself Peter.
Well said sir .

Reactions: Ray
Back