As a club, our main problem isn’t Rodgers leaving, it’s Lawell staying

I've not read all the posts yet. I will go back and read when I get a minute but I wanted to make a comment regarding the question you ask TV.

I've been as vocal as you, well not as vocal as you, but I've been pretty vocal with my anger towards our board. I've debated with people who are happy to allow PL to run OUR club as his business. With no regard for how the fans feel...but is it possible on this occasion that all the blame can't lay at PL door. I apologise if this has been said already but what if the reason PL didn't spend big on BR is because he knew BR was working his ticket for the past season and a half.

We knew through all the carry on with dembele that BR wanted to fuck of to China. Maybe PL was between a rock and a hard place. Sack BR and feel the wrath of the fans. Give him millions upon million to sign players knowing full well he was looking to move on. That could explain why PL never released funds. Maybe that would explain the loan signings.Maybe PL knew BR would jump ship as soon as possible.

Wishful thinking I know but maybe there is a lot of cash for the next manager who will be committed and not just using us as a stepping stone the the EPL.
That would be spot on and if you listen or read Rodents comments about joining Leicester and giving his life to them
Then maybe were well rid of him

We knew through all the carry on with dembele that BR wanted to fuck of to China. Maybe PL was between a rock and a hard place. Sack BR and feel the wrath of the fans. Give him millions upon million to sign players knowing full well he was looking to move on. That could explain why PL never released funds. Maybe that would explain the loan signings.Maybe PL knew BR would jump ship as soon as possible.

Did he though Lubo? A self confessed Celtic fan with legendary status, with the opportunity of achieving something that was never going to be equaled (treble treble/10iar) who was still young enough to go on and achieve all his ambitions of managing in Europe/EPL as well as making a fortune doing so was desperate for a move to China?

Or was it that he was simply looking at his options because his relationship with Lawell & the board was frosty at best, his ambitions for the team was being given the kibosh by a board who have well documented previous for under-investment, highly restrictive transfer policies and a reputation of being difficult to work under.

I never thought Lenny would've walked away by choice but even he found it impossible to carry on working under this board's strategy.

HH Lubo.

Maybe Brendan had enough of the referee and linesman being so blatantly biased every game in Scotland. Motherwell scoring the way they did maybe this was the final straw. If Steve Clarke still gets treated appallingly even after Kings comments, maybe he had enough of what is happening in Scottish football. I do hope Celtic actually learn from this and they start challenging Rangers minded people about slander and bigoted comments. Do Celtic not have lawyers that actually want to challenge and protect all that is good about Celtic? What does PL do to get his massive bonus? When the fans are getting frustrated after Valencia and no help or support for the fans who endured a horrific time prior to the game. Come on Celtic please look after and help your fans as and when needed. I hope we do not loose the league or the treble treble. CELTIC BOARD please wake up and do your job before it is too late.
I'm sorry to say it, but we cannot look to progress in any way while Lawwell is still here, all he is interested in are his massive bonuses.
It does not matter who is the next manager, he will not be here any decent length of time while Lawwell is here. GET THE BANNERS OUT! "LAWWELL MUST GO".

I've not read all the posts yet. I will go back and read when I get a minute but I wanted to make a comment regarding the question you ask TV.

I've been as vocal as you, well not as vocal as you, but I've been pretty vocal with my anger towards our board. I've debated with people who are happy to allow PL to run OUR club as his business. With no regard for how the fans feel...but is it possible on this occasion that all the blame can't lay at PL door. I apologise if this has been said already but what if the reason PL didn't spend big on BR is because he knew BR was working his ticket for the past season and a half.

Wishful thinking I know but maybe there is a lot of cash for the next manager who will be committed and not just using us as a stepping stone the the EPL.
"but what if the reason PL didn't spend big on BR is because he knew BR was working his ticket for the past season and a half".
Ask yourself this, how many managers have we had who worked under Lawwell, and how did they end? Surely it is not hard to see the pattern that had been forming, the same will keep happening as long as he is still here. Think Gordon Strachan, Neil Lennon (the last time), and now Brendan Rodgers. LAWWELL HAS TO GO. NOW!

If you had a guy working for you who you knew wanted to fuck off...but you couldn't sack him because he did a decent job. You wouldn't allow him to go nuts on the company credit card, you would give him enough to just keep his position ticking over wouldnt you. Cant believe I'm defending PL....its been a funny old day. Started a new job today and all my work was in Soho....strange place that.
£101 million turnover,£87 million "operational costs" £60 million of which is wages! what part of that is not backing rodgers in the sp feckin l!!! i'm no happyclapper when it comes to our board,but how many feckin duds has congerton "scouted" and how many have been signed under rodgers's watch!!!!!!! would you trust him with your money ,would i phuq!!! btw Lubo,some great chinese restauraunt's in Soho!!! all ye can eat furra fiver!!!(though that wiz 1990!!!) HH buddy!

Earlier on in the season I suggested a boycott of a European game and was shot down in flames by some people.In Delia’s last season the board knew something had to change so they brought in BR & ended up with a waiting list for a season ticket holder.My protest this season was not taking home cup tickets but other people bought them so it didn’t matter.I’m not suggesting boycotting season tickets but possibly the first qualifier that requires a ticket, if during the pre-season the signing policy remains the same.If we keep selling out the stadium and the money keeps coming in then nothing will change.At the end of the season we’re going to need some serious cash for defenders and if that doesn’t happen then we can forget the CL again.Also I don’t know if could suffer any more windows like the last two.HH

we're a big fish in a little pond,which hold's us back,nobody is interested in the spfl,the only attraction world wide is Celtic v sevco,who the phuq want's to watch hamilton v livingstone.exactly!!!! but we're payin £60 million in wages!!!!! to me that's down to the manager and players!!!!! those wages are higher than a lot of more successful leagues in europe,so if the product's shite, no'ones interested in investin,bankrupt ourselves for a pipedream to compete with,real madrid,barca,juve,bayern, psg,and the english!!!!! ffs! valencia brought on a £40 million pound player as a sub against us!!!!!

oh aye,some of the money advice on here is like askin a pair of pheckin meerkats to look after our finances, no offence to anybody, ah'm pished!!!!!

£101 million turnover,£87 million "operational costs" £60 million of which is wages! what part of that is not backing rodgers in the sp feckin l!!! i'm no happyclapper when it comes to our board,but how many feckin duds has congerton "scouted" and how many have been signed under rodgers's watch!!!!!!! would you trust him with your money ,would i phuq!!! btw Lubo,some great chinese restauraunt's in Soho!!! all ye can eat furra fiver!!!(though that wiz 1990!!!) HH buddy!

Spot on again MD, the size of our squad is the biggest problem we have at the moment, that has consequences for all on field activities, I've said it many times that all the people involved in our recruitment, no matter the pay grade, should have their arses booted for this shambles.

I’m not suggesting bankrupting ourselves for a pipe dream just getting players in earlier instead of waiting till the last day when we’re out the CL.We obviously won’t compete with the top teams but need to have ambitions of getting to the CL so we can attract decent players.I know they’ll probably be young up and coming players but waiting till the last day and getting loanees is just angering and leaving a bad taste In supporters mouths especially when PL is getting multi-million pound bonuses.HH

aye, and just one more,Celtic would have to win the league about 35 times on the trot, to match the payment the team who finishes bottom of the english premiership receives,in one season!!!! reality check bhoys and ghirls!!!!HH

Spot on again MD, the size of our squad is the biggest problem we have at the moment, that has consequences for all on field activities, I've said it many times that all the people involved in our recruitment, no matter the pay grade, should have their arses booted for this shambles.
feckin right B!!!!!reality check required!!!! HH

This is something PL has to address.I know the club backed BR with quite a lot of money but there can be no stalling in the pre-season.Players have to go but the right ones have to come in.HH

aye, and just one more,Celtic would have to win the league about 35 times on the trot, to match the payment the team who finishes bottom of the english premiership receives,in one season!!!! reality check bhoys and ghirls!!!!HH

It's magic, you know
It's gonnae be 35 in a row

It really doesn’t matter who comes in with Bonus Ball in charge. The other boot to the balls is if Rogers can’t get any money, no one will.

BB liked to wax lyrical about us feasting at the top table, but thought that would happen without having to buy a ticket.

He is the reason we continually stall when ahead then fall back. He continually fails to realize that structured and constant upgrading is required. Especially with our Defence.

I know a lot of people think the sun shines out of his arse, none more so than him. But, it’s what we could have achieved if his ultra cautious outlook wasn’t the norm.

Anybody coming in with him still the only one who knows where the tin is hidden means we stagnate. A big name like Rogers, back to back trebles and still it remained hidden.

It is clear ambition is still a bad word in our boardroom. And until the shite bags in there are gone we will get better, sell our best players, fall back and Europe will be a pipe dream.

My sadness today is not solely that Rogers has left, but that Lawell remains. That’s a bigger problem, for me at least. Lawell has won his battle with Rogers. That caution over ambition is the winner is an awful indictment of where we are as a club. Fucking Leicester. A shitty little club.
Tells you all you need to know about the relationship with Lawell. A big team, aye, fine. But this?

Go fuck yourself Peter.

As I said. The problem wasn’t Rogers leaving, but Bonus Ball staying. We need to demand he resigns. Another £60m gone. No other CEO would get away with it and worse, actually rewarded with an obscene £2.3m bonus.

He should have gone years ago. His shitebag, risk averse arse has cost us ten times what his poxy advert deals have brought in. In fact his Defabet deal that his minions pathetically tried to tell us was fab, wouldn’t cover his bonuses over its five year duration.

As I said. The problem wasn’t Rogers leaving, but Bonus Ball staying. We need to demand he resigns. Another £60m gone. No other CEO would get away with it and worse, actually rewarded with an obscene £2.3m bonus.

He should have gone years ago. His shitebag, risk averse arse has cost us ten times what his poxy advert deals have brought in. In fact his Defabet deal that his minions pathetically tried to tell us was fab, wouldn’t cover his bonuses over its five year duration.
I disagree

the players on field were good enough tactics and preparation and hubris were at fault

team scored 12 goals in scotland
in Europe we cant prepare for games by playing Scottish clubs

catch 22 we get stronger we get less prep for up to speed quality counter attacks

spending 150 million on players would possibly had same effect with the tactics and preparation we get here

the gauge of lawell is winning in scotland and trying to get to cl

he needs to do it within risk metric of wages v income

the players we have are currently underpaid compared with their potential income

and they are very well paid here

lawell is not the problem imo

the problem is we are no longer financially capable of sustainable premier league quality players but being in uk foreign players want EPL wages to come uk

I disagree

the players on field were good enough tactics and preparation and hubris were at fault

team scored 12 goals in scotland
in Europe we cant prepare for games by playing Scottish clubs

catch 22 we get stronger we get less prep for up to speed quality counter attacks

spending 150 million on players would possibly had same effect with the tactics and preparation we get here

the gauge of lawell is winning in scotland and trying to get to cl

he needs to do it within risk metric of wages v income

the players we have are currently underpaid compared with their potential income

and they are very well paid here

lawell is not the problem imo

the problem is we are no longer financially capable of sustainable premier league quality players but being in uk foreign players want EPL wages to come uk

I thought you might Tet and you’re welcome to your opinion. But, I have to disagree.

Reactions: TET
you think Cluj players are better than ours?

No. That’s not the point. We should have been prepared to give us a fighting chance with the resources we have. It’s been a summer where of the players bought, only one took to the field and we had to play or chose to play Calmac at LB.

That’s appalling bad judgement and only highlights the failure in scouting and ambition. Until we realise that our Defence would contravene the Trades Description Act and address that with real investment, not punts on cheaper players who aren’t up to it, then we will never move up when our back door is hinging by a rusty screw.

Back