As balance to the ''Why it should be Lenny '' thread - read Celtic Blog -James Forrest .

In 5 games Pts dropped
under Rodgers 16 pts
Hearts defeat 1-0
St Mirren 0-0
Killie defeat 2-1
Motherwell 1-1
Hibs defeat 2-0
Rangers defeat 1-0

League could have been out of site

In 6 games Under Lennon
pts dropped 6 points
Aberdeen Draw 0-0
Livingston Draw 0-0
Hibernian Draw 0-0

In 5 games Pts dropped
under Rodgers 16 pts
Hearts defeat 1-0
St Mirren 0-0
Killie defeat 2-1
Motherwell 1-1
Hibs defeat 2-0
Rangers defeat 1-0

League could have been out of site

In 6 games Under Lennon
pts dropped 6 points
Aberdeen Draw 0-0
Livingston Draw 0-0
Hibernian Draw 0-0
sorted Boab,like Sean quadruple treble:ROFLMAO: said,he's the interim manager,so get behind him and see who get's the gig next season!

sorted Boab,like Sean quadruple treble:ROFLMAO: said,he's the interim manager,so get behind him and see who get's the gig next season!

When JF says “At Dundee we scored in the 96th minute. At Hearts we scored in the 92nd.”

When Hearts beat us under Rodgers it was 1 0 we never looked like scoring and this was with a fresh team.

When we scored at Dundee we secured 3 points v St Mirren Rodgers failed to score and cost us so

Lennon picked up maximum points in those games Rodgers dropped 5.

We can mix this as to what the agenda is to suit but stats are there to compare and one comes up rosier than the other.

When JF states

“That is the stuff of nightmares, all of it. We are three late goals from staring into the abyss. If even one them hadn’t won us the three points we would be facing the prospect of going to Ibrox needing something to win the title, or taking it to a last day decider.”

Had Rodgers not gifted our points away Lennon would not have been faced with this near crisis, let that sink in. Lennon picked up a team whos heads may have went down when their gaffer deserted.

Its about opinions and as fans we are entitled to them but lets not get carried away and point the finger at results for if we do Lennons stack up better than Rodgers results.

He raised a lot of good arguments, Millsy and I think folk should digest them before jumping in with the ''I am Neil Lennon'' cliche.

Am not neil lennon. Nowhere near it. But theres stuff at play that isnt his fault and out of respect and whilst we’re still winning per say i think he should get enough respect for us to keep stumn till its all done n dusted.

Doesnt look like the jobs being offered to him anyway if you read between the lines.

When JF says “At Dundee we scored in the 96th minute. At Hearts we scored in the 92nd.”

When Hearts beat us under Rodgers it was 1 0 we never looked like scoring and this was with a fresh team.

When we scored at Dundee we secured 3 points v St Mirren Rodgers failed to score and cost us so

Lennon picked up maximum points in those games Rodgers dropped 5.

We can mix this as to what the agenda is to suit but stats are there to compare and one comes up rosier than the other.

When JF states

“That is the stuff of nightmares, all of it. We are three late goals from staring into the abyss. If even one them hadn’t won us the three points we would be facing the prospect of going to Ibrox needing something to win the title, or taking it to a last day decider.”

Had Rodgers not gifted our points away Lennon would not have been faced with this near crisis, let that sink in. Lennon picked up a team whos heads may heve went down when their gaffer deserted.

Its about opinions and as fans we are entitled to them but lets not get carried away and point the finger at results for if we do Lennons stack up better than Rodgers results.

From campaign start we never strung 3 games the gether until well into the new year under rodgers. Hardly the messiah eh.

It's a good read. It's why I wrote the Celtic Star article amongst others, and a healthy debate. All good.
That said, This idea that cliché or sentiment is why some of us (OK I) want Neil Lennon simply isn't factual.
It is not down to sentiment or a cliché (whatever that means). It is, speaking for myself, the logical step on balance.
A lot of thought has gone into this, it's not an off the cuff base reaction as the original article would have you believe.
Lennon already has that European experience and done as well as could be expected.
He also knows the league, and like I said in the article (I don't want to bore you here).
He get's what's ahead and that is what I felt the other article missed. 9 and 10 will be 20 times what we've faced before. We cannot underestimate what we will face be it refereeing decisions, SFA, Press you name it.
Anyone who saw us stopping 'rangers' 10 knows just what we faced off the park. It was tough going.
A European coach won't be ready for 1) Lawwell and his control freak nature 2)Everyone, and I mean everyone trying to stop us by foul means and little fair.

When Martin O'Neil got the job, he was up against a Dutchman Guus Hiddink. I spent 5 hours and a bottle of Vodka debating with my Brother, why despite the fact I thought Hiddink had more in his locker, that MON was the man for that moment, why Hiddink was for later.
The same argument is for Lennon and whoever he's up against, this mythical progressive. The mythical one is for later, there are fires to fight ahead and it needs form in the book

well said Niall,a foreign coach or a stellar name,would take the gig,thinking teams played football in the SPL,that officials were honest and we play on a level playing field,culture shock!!!!! look at a fine manager like Steve Clarke,he's in shock at the shennanigans here, at least Lenny knows the score,is he the man for job,well the jury's out on that one,but he's here till the end of the season,then the board have some serious decisions to make

well said Niall,a foreign coach or a stellar name,would take the gig,thinking teams played football in the SPL,that officials were honest and we play on a level playing field,culture shock!!!!! look at a fine manager like Steve Clarke,he's in shock at the shennanigans here, at least Lenny knows the score,is he the man for job,well the jury's out on that one,but he's here till the end of the season,then the board have some serious decisions to make

He was the man for the job before............and then left.

Why didn't I think of the Steve Clarke example. Spot on!

It's a good read. It's why I wrote the Celtic Star article amongst others, and a healthy debate. All good.
That said, This idea that cliché or sentiment is why some of us (OK I) want Neil Lennon simply isn't factual.
It is not down to sentiment or a cliché (whatever that means). It is, speaking for myself, the logical step on balance.
A lot of thought has gone into this, it's not an off the cuff base reaction as the original article would have you believe.
Lennon already has that European experience and done as well as could be expected.
He also knows the league, and like I said in the article (I don't want to bore you here).
He get's what's ahead and that is what I felt the other article missed. 9 and 10 will be 20 times what we've faced before. We cannot underestimate what we will face be it refereeing decisions, SFA, Press you name it.
Anyone who saw us stopping 'rangers' 10 knows just what we faced off the park. It was tough going.
A European coach won't be ready for 1) Lawwell and his control freak nature 2)Everyone, and I mean everyone trying to stop us by foul means and little fair.

When Martin O'Neil got the job, he was up against a Dutchman Guus Hiddink. I spent 5 hours and a bottle of Vodka debating with my Brother, why despite the fact I thought Hiddink had more in his locker, that MON was the man for that moment, why Hiddink was for later.
The same argument is for Lennon and whoever he's up against, this mythical progressive. The mythical one is for later, there are fires to fight ahead and it needs form in the book

I think the articles on some of the blogs that say things like the NL camp etc need to get a grip, people are season ticket holders and they are merely voicing an opion they understand it will not be their say at the end of the day, but, they are entitled to have their opinions on blogs which are at the end of the day are mere binary digits on a white board, there is no seperation only difference of opinions, but the board will decide in the end.
Its healthy to have debates but some bloggers need to grow up and stop getting wrapped up in their vision is the only one, theres a reason why we are merely supporters and allow decisions to be made on our behalf, enjoy ben Celtic and on the verge of something special, tonight i go to my bed and Easter Monday i wake up knowing Celtic are were i would rather they are, sitting top with an advantage that has to be overturned no mean feat, and certainly not for the 7 year team of worldbeaters to overturn. Happy Holidays.

I think the articles on some of the blogs that say things like the NL camp etc need to get a grip, people are season ticket holders and they are merely voicing an opion they understand it will not be their say at the end of the day, but, they are entitled to have their opinions on blogs which are at the end of the day are mere binary digits on a white board, there is no seperation only difference of opinions, but the board will decide in the end.
Its healthy to have debates but some bloggers need to grow up and stop getting wrapped up in their vision is the only one, theres a reason why we are merely supporters and allow decisions to be made on our behalf, enjoy ben Celtic and on the verge of something special, tonight i go to my bed and Easter Monday i wake up knowing Celtic are were i would rather they are, sitting top with an advantage that has to be overturned no mean feat, and certainly not for the 7 year team of worldbeaters to overturn. Happy Holidays.
Only one 'camp' Boab. Spot on. How do you do a handclap

aye, it's a time for cool heads,Lenny's firefighting,thought we'd turned the corner against the sheep,but disappointing display today and bang,ok you could debate team selection,but i saw some tired players and an unhappy manager in the dugout,we have a week till our next game,we will be fine!!!

Excellent post Boab as per usual facts with
Insight ????

HH ☘️

aye, it's a time for cool heads,Lenny's firefighting,thought we'd turned the corner against the sheep,but disappointing display today and bang,ok you could debate team selection,but i saw some tired players and an unhappy manager in the dugout,we have a week till our next game,we will be fine!!!
Interesting comment MD in the youtube link i posted with Macca, he spoke with Lenny and asked him about the games leading up to the dons game, Lenny said he detected a wee bit of lethargy and he gave them a couple of days off from the training and what we got was the Aberdeen performance, watch and listen to the analysis its pretty much nail on head.

Members online

Latest posts

Back