As the season approaches the end, I'm taking stock of all the things i've missed.

Frank Owen

Getting up in the morning knowing I'm going to Paradise; sitting amongst people who've become friends over the years. Waiting at the Brother Walfrid statue for my daughter and son in law to show up. They always time it to perfection, always arrive about 4 minutes before kick off. The sheer feeling of satisfaction, pride, luck, at being a Celtic supporter. I put my head on the pillow every night and feel so grateful to be able to say, no matter what, NOTHING, can take that away from me. HH.

I've missed sitting on the supporters bus for an hour after the final whistle whilst the police gather the 20 away fans and walk them back into Glasgow on European nights 🤥.

I've missed the big guy with the red face that sits 2 rows behind and doesn't like James Forrest ( mate fae the back of the North stand he cant here you honest).🥺

But mostly I've missed standing sharing a scarf with my son as we belt out YNWA. 🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪

Well....being that I'm not a TRUE fan. Nothings really changed for me. Illegally streaming all the matches as usual.
And where did you get the Boax mm
I’d need to speak to Jfanny Classiless Clay
Cause I’m no a real fan.
Get up get in car drive West stop near sum grund wi a big Statue oot side wi a Big lugged Cup fingy go in sit doon Fuck me it’s a big Park bench it’s always cauld in it we’re aw wearing Green Scarves but fur sum unknown reason were aw haudin thum up ooer our heids then sing a song about walking alone in the rain wi oor heids up high. I’m confused. Just miss all of it
Mon the Hoops

HH 👏🍀

For me it's what I'm going to miss when I go back to work! It been a shite bit of luck that I've been able to watch more games live than ever with all the lockdowns...

Well....being that I'm not a TRUE fan.
Well, Lubo, there IS only one true fan, and that, of course, is Clay. The rest of us are just -- how do you say it over there? -- pish, because we've never had the chance to attend ALL Celtic games since Brother Walfrid founded the club, home and away; not to mention never having started fights outside McDiarmid Park to boot.

Shame on every last one of us . . . :rolleyes:

Speaking for my Celtic-fan-wannabe self, I miss -- and look forward to returning to -- watching games with the San Francisco CSC at Fiddler's Green in Millbrae, California, and singing "Boys of the Old Brigade" with the old Feinians at the CSC (which is, like, everyone except me and a few others).

Getting up in the morning knowing I'm going to Paradise; sitting amongst people who've become friends over the years. Waiting at the Brother Walfrid statue for my daughter and son in law to show up. They always time it to perfection, always arrive about 4 minutes before kick off. The sheer feeling of satisfaction, pride, luck, at being a Celtic supporter. I put my head on the pillow every night and feel so grateful to be able to say, no matter what, NOTHING, can take that away from me. HH.
Aye great post Frank and those days look not too far away now. Your post cheered me up ( cheers👍) cos tbh right now I'm just going through the motions of every day looking for news on Celtic only to find pundits react to....etc and every manager in the world being linked to the job. It's as depressed as I've felt for a long long time as a Tim. Why is this taking so long? Read the other day DD saying that he, bankier and lawell with some input from McKay will decide the next manager. What's lawell got to do with this decision? His times up. We are replacing him for a reason and this smacks of protecting McKay in case the managerial appointment goes wrong to me. I shudder at the thought of Roy Keane as manager I think that his style has long passed by. Reading the nonsense of various managers who are in better positions now than they would at Celtic. All pretty depressing stuff. Wish MON would shut up about Keane as well. We will return to our level I'm convinced of that especially when the supporters are back in the stadium , right now though it's another no news day at Celtic. Except for laxalt allegedly saying that he hasnt met Howe yet" maybe tomorrow " whilst playing fortnite God give me strength. HH

Aye great post Frank and those days look not too far away now. Your post cheered me up ( cheers👍) cos tbh right now I'm just going through the motions of every day looking for news on Celtic only to find pundits react to....etc and every manager in the world being linked to the job. It's as depressed as I've felt for a long long time as a Tim. Why is this taking so long? Read the other day DD saying that he, bankier and lawell with some input from McKay will decide the next manager. What's lawell got to do with this decision? His times up. We are replacing him for a reason and this smacks of protecting McKay in case the managerial appointment goes wrong to me. I shudder at the thought of Roy Keane as manager I think that his style has long passed by. Reading the nonsense of various managers who are in better positions now than they would at Celtic. All pretty depressing stuff. Wish MON would shut up about Keane as well. We will return to our level I'm convinced of that especially when the supporters are back in the stadium , right now though it's another no news day at Celtic. Except for laxalt allegedly saying that he hasnt met Howe yet" maybe tomorrow " whilst playing fortnite God give me strength. HH
Thanks Winter, I share many of your frustrations, but the op..TIM..ist in me keeps telling me we'll get there. HH

Back