AVB

The Shamrock

Noticed on J.J's blog that according to his sources, Lenny isn't getting the job but that the name of Andres Villas Boas is being bandied about.

A very experienced manager and one that would be preferable to who J.J. states is still in pole position, Moyes.

If it's not Lenny's job then AVB is a far superior option than Moyes.

Av got a feeling Lennys got it already and think its well deserved if he wins the treble ?still woulda preferred Jose ?

neither have I Milsy! But I have just read Phil's latest blog and I know we aren't supposed to get all emotional but after reading what he wrote about NFL I felt awful if he doesn't get the job. Over these last weeks I have gone from dreaming of Jose to nightmares about Moyes and still none the wiser tbh. HH

A month ago I said they might consider AVB as manager with Mourinho as a DOF - glorified scout using his name and contacts to provide AVB with quality players.

Both Portuguese so presumably on a closer wavelength, AVB looking to get back into 'British' football - similarities to Rodgers - and Mourinho looking to help a younger manager and also attach himself in not too overly-committed way to a club side with reasonable Euro prestige for his ego

Eyebrows would be raised - just the way Jose likes it, and a lot of attention thrown on Celtic - a spotlight way beyond the Gerrard appointment.

Problem is, that's a costly experiment - not sure if we need something like that for the next 2 years.

A month ago I said they might consider AVB as manager with Mourinho as a DOF - glorified scout using his name and contacts to provide AVB with quality players.

Both Portuguese so presumably on a closer wavelength, AVB looking to get back into 'British' football - similarities to Rodgers - and Mourinho looking to help a younger manager and also attach himself in not too overly-committed way to a club side with reasonable Euro prestige for his ego

Eyebrows would be raised - just the way Jose likes it, and a lot of attention thrown on Celtic - a spotlight way beyond the Gerrard appointment.

Problem is, that's a costly experiment - not sure if we need something like that for the next 2 years.
Sounds great to me ?could you imagine the hun meltdown..

Not really if FFP kicks in questions will need answered regards Man City if the EPL treble winners cannot get into Europe whilst 7th placed Wolves are given a spot in Europa, sort demeans the integrity of sport and ambitions of young future footballers, if they are merely a means of people trafficking ie selling their image as opposed to skillsets. Mikey Johnston or Timmo Weah, whats the difference apart from parents.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back