Axed till August Fear, a Solution - 14 team, 39 games league, no split and Glasgow Cup Final

As far as the football question goes.......Scotland has a unique opportunity to try something different here.

The title is Celtic's by merit, but why not cancel relegation and promote the top 4 in the championship to create a 16-team league for experimental purposes if nothing else.

Top 4 split after two rounds are completed and play each other home and away post split (36 games total). Bottom 4 split and do the same. Middle 8 have a wee fuck aboot cup competition to kill time.
Jeezo SP, that's a helluva lot of sense for this time on a Saturday morning, I'm in. 👍

I've been thinking about this all night, and after weighing up all the options, I feel the only way to decide the destination of the 2020 spl title, is a square go between Jimmy (The Bastard) Bell, and our very own Michael (The Gent) Duffy. The fight will take place in Car Park at Celtic Park on St Paddy's day. Please note that due to massive demand as there are only 500 tickets available, get your applications in early to avoid disappointment.
PS, due to phenomenal circumstances, the zombies allocation has been cut to one, Jimmy Bellends.
PPS, Mr Duffy, there's nothing in the rules that says you can't arrive tooled up. 👍👍👍🍀🍀🍀
Fuck, all Michael would need is to splash that bell-end wie a dab of holy water..........game over, title in the bag!!!

I've not clicked the link but maybe we should get behind big Sutton who is saying crowning us champs and relegating hun lite is the only sensible way forward, nice one Chris, annoying anyone of a hunnish variety on a weekend of no football will ruin a few breakfasts in Glasgow and Edinburgh. 🤣🤣🤣
If the Duffy vs Bell fight isn't the answer, I will be getting behind big Suttys campaign.

Wages are due for March, April. May, June, July and August. ST money for next season will be crucial to club survival but ST money for this season has not delivered the contract of the ticket. People are due a refund if the contract is unfulfilled. The only way to avoid this is to extend the season till the end of June or even beyond. The Euros will be postponed till next year. We will not know the qualified teams.

If there is a huge crash or a horrendous, sustained rain storm more than halfway through a grand prix, the race is ended with places awarded as to where each car was on the road. Tough on anybody who had just made a pit stop but that's life.

Corona is unprecedented and was unpredictable. End the league now. Award titles and relegate top and bottom teams only.

Severability A3 Each Rule shall be construed separately and, if any Rule or provision in these Rules may prove to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such illegality, invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the remaining Rules which shall continue in full force and effect.

C14 The Clubs for the time being entitled in terms of these Rules to participate in the Premiership shall, disregarding any abandoned or postponed matches, play in 38 League Matches in any one Season.

Rule C14 is superseded by Rule A3.

Celtic are the Champions.

C38 The Club occupying position one in the League at the end of a Season shall be declared the Champion Club of the League and shall hold the "The Scottish Professional Football League Championship Trophy" until the next Season's League Competition is concluded. When the winner of The Scottish Professional Football League Championship trophy has been ascertained, the Trophy shall be handed over to the winner who shall return the same to the Company at the League Office not later than 3 weeks prior to the end of the next following Season, in good order and condition and in any event as soon as reasonably practicable following a request from the Board. It shall be the responsibility of the winning Club to arrange appropriate insurance cover for each trophy throughout the period when it is held by the Club.

Rules are rules.
Celtic have won 9IAR

Last edited:
The hun are on about integrity I know saying one of game to decide wonder who they want as officials dallas/ross/beaton/wonder who other one would be give you a clue he's baldy😂 at my club last me and mate listening to them hilarious I said ok one of game we pick neutral venue is said BOSTON reasonable I thought what you think

Thank you for a great post and I cried reading it. You are most fortunate to live in a country where the population are appreciated and seen as assets to their country and worthy of safety and security. Can’t say the same for Britain as we still live as if in the dark ages. But with Brexit it has become unbearably worse rand feels like going back to Dickensian times - bring out your dead! There have been a couple of Cobra meetings in Downing Street recently and the result of that was that we were told that they believe in ‘herd immunity’ and ‘take it on the chin’ so they will leave it to run rampant through the population here and we were told that some of us ‘would lose our loved ones’. The message from Boris Johnson was ‘ wash your hands, and if you cough or sneeze use our elbow, and if you use a tissue remember and bin it. So my understanding now is that Johnson is only concerned about the economy. He actually said that we can’t close schools because then the parents would need to be off work to look after them and that would damage the economy. So there it is money before people’s lives that’s the Great Britain for you. Our only hope here in Scotland is that once we get through this Covid19 that we can get our independence where we can maybe mirror places like NZ and Norway Where people’s lives matter more than money to the treasury.
The problem is they can't afford to let us go , the Herd mentality comment should be a wake up call to every right minded person ,a shocking statement to make

People need to wake up quickly ,govt advice so far is not in the best intrests of the people ,at the end of the day you need to do right for your family and loved ones

I've been thinking about this all night, and after weighing up all the options, I feel the only way to decide the destination of the 2020 spl title, is a square go between Jimmy (The Bastard) Bell, and our very own Michael (The Gent) Duffy. The fight will take place in Car Park at Celtic Park on St Paddy's day. Please note that due to massive demand as there are only 500 tickets available, get your applications in early to avoid disappointment.
PS, due to phenomenal circumstances, the zombies allocation has been cut to one, Jimmy Bellends.
PPS, Mr Duffy, there's nothing in the rules that says you can't arrive tooled up. 👍👍👍🍀🍀🍀
And sober (y)

The hun are on about integrity I know saying one of game to decide wonder who they want as officials dallas/ross/beaton/wonder who other one would be give you a clue he's baldy😂 at my club last me and mate listening to them hilarious I said ok one of game we pick neutral venue is said BOSTON reasonable I thought what you think
The mob that cheated the taxpayer out of tens of millions on about integrity?

I think that this scenario will continue for a couple of months (one bonus is that our players will finally get a much needed break after years of playing 11 and a half month seasons). Euro 2020 will obviously have to be postponed until next summer, so this gives us extra time to fit in some games.

My solution would be, once it is deemed safe to do so, to restart the league and cup games and play them to completion. This way all fixtures and contracts are fulfilled and hopefully fans will be safe to attend as well. The big hurdle is many player's contracts are based around annual start dates of 1st July, so the SFA, UEFA, FIFA and all regestering associations will have to agree (I know, I know) to adhere to an extension of player's contracts to a later date. The transfer window would also have to be delayed by a month or two for this year only.

Of course, this means there would be massive fixture congestion next season if we tried to play our current format. Domestically this is very simple to overcome.

Next season would start later (say 3-4 weeks after the end of this season), then in the Premiership, all 12 teams play each other home & away (22 games), we have a 2 week break and the split. Then the top 6 play each other home & away (10 games) and the same for the bottom 6.

This is a total of 32 games so we can squeeze this into a season which is 6 weeks shorter. In fact, if we are to keep thus stupid 12 team top league then let's keep this new format as it is fairer thsn the ridiculous lop-sided one we currently endure.

I'd also suspend the League Cup, and if necessary, the Scottish Cup for 1 season to give us more time.

The playoffs can be cut back too for 1 season - 2nd bottom versus 2nd top in a one-off game at a suitably sized and located venue depending upon which teams are involved.

UEFA will have to show more imagination to complete their competitions. Possibly for 1 season instead of having the group games they can just go straight to a knock-out phase. Maybe not so much revenue for clubs and less games for TV but at least every club would get to compete in the tournament they qualified for. It can still be seeded too 1st seeds v 4th and 2nd v 3rd. Personally I also believe this would be more exciting as well.

Last edited:
The huns have not worked it out they are not automatic placed second or third if Celtic is not placed first, and the titile is anandoned thus when the European places come round and prize money for SPFL places, then Motherwell and Aberdeen could claim that its possible they could have been second and third, good for the goose etc.

1 Celtic307080
2Rangers294567
3Motherwell30346
4Aberdeen30445

Neither Motherwell or Aberdeen could eclipse Celtic who have 80 points if both were to win all games and Celtic lose all games and if the same logic is applied to Sevco the scanario is different, if Sevco theoretacly lost all games same as Celtic, Motherwell and Aberdeen if they won all thiers could pip Sevco but could not pip Celtic.

27 points to be played for and above logic applied Motherwells 73 points would eclipse second placed Sevco and Aberdeen third as they would go 72.

Members online

No members online now.

Back