Back Brendan

Clipper67

Gutted board let fans down again.can see this being brendan last year in charge.could have killed rangers dreams before a ball was kicked hope lawell pulls something big out the hat today

To be honest I think he's doing a good job at not takin any of the blame for this shit show.....he's shouldn't be above criticism

To me BR excels most in man management.

BR is clearly a very Intelligent man, but is mortal like us all, maybe he forgets now and then as he seeks to inspire potential (Dembele, Boyata) that he is sometimes dealing with very young men, some of whom may have a different basic take on what he attempts to communicate, or may even misunderstand him.
Maybe now and then Brendan has over enthused and by default some of these less mature young men really believe they are better than they are, get above themselves.

Managing Celtic is a fantastical dream job, but must also be a very difficult job and extremely stressful when things are not perfect, especially for someone like Brendan who relies on people skills. Read somewhere that BR said he felt like he was having a heart attack when the Liverpool job started to go wrong. So Celtic fans need to not encourage or back ex -players like Sutton or Commons who are writing and speaking for pay.

110% behind the Gaffer.
A certain amount of criticism justified on the recruitment record perhaps but the improvement he made in players already at the club alongside his best buys, by far outweighs the transfers that haven't (up to this point) worked out.
For me he is top class and we are lucky to have him.

I back the manager but there are things he could improve. Season 2 in Europe, after all the "lessons learned" in season 1 , brought us the same auld shite. The Europa league will be a truer test, so let's hope he has learned lessons. Teams at home have began to defend very narrow and deep against us, it was evident last season and again vs e.g. AEK this season. He has to come up with solutions to this. His recruitment is a very mixed bag and his chief scout is a charlatan. That needs to be addressed.
I am old and experienced enough to have my own opinions , if I agree with Chris Sutton I agree with him. I'm not part of some herd that engages in groupthink. Imho that's what separates us from the scum.

To be honest I think he's doing a good job at not takin any of the blame for this shit show.....he's shouldn't be above criticism

No doubt about that, 100%, we pay his wages for starters not PL or DD.

We just need to support at this moment of extremes of stress for him. Watching his press conference today and the way he handles the media, even when he is under stress and silly levels of pressure caused by Dembele's immature tweets, the way he handles them and his smiling face is way above average ability. BR really is an impressive communicator.

Being Irish I recognize that he likes to speak a little too much and is a bit too open for his own good at times.
I do not think he is dishonest what so ever (as potentially implied by Dembele), but! the more you speak the more people can twist words for their own end.
For most of us with the habit it is usually no problem, but for him and being in the uk with their gutter press and the love of building up sports celebrities only so as enjoy watch their destruction!

For example, and only in hindsight, BR's talk of McGinn for so long before we had signed him was naĆÆve and then when he upped it to highest level during the early part of this window, all that served it seems now was to alert Aston Villa.
Who ever encouraged and allowed Broony to speak to the media discussing McGinn as if he was our player and how he could play alongside him, was extremely naĆÆve in hindsight. Can only assume they thought the deal was done!
Even Celtic tv asking players who is the best player in the SPFL outwith Celtic is a stupid idea, fine for fans on the likes of twitter, but direct from the mouths of the Celtic players by our own media!! not such a great idea, one that only serves to help other clubs scouts.

I think Brendan was really disappointed in the loss of McGinn and he must have felt as if he has lost some face, and for me that is why this window and club and fan feeling has not been as good since.
I would imagine and hope that BR is the type of man to learn lessons and not forget. (apart from Lustig leg's are finished and Hendry is no centre back)
So for now BR needs our support there are plenty enough muc diggers for pay or motivated by hate looking to harm him and Celtic.

We need to hammer the sevco and wipe the smug smiles from the faces of their latest clowns.

Last edited:

There is a list somewhere - if someone can find it, please! - rating all the players he's signed for us.

It doesn't make for pleasant reading.

Takes two to tango but Lawwell has been thwarting managers ever since he arrived. Time he moved on, it's not good for any club to have one man with so much power for so long.

Nobody knows what's going on behind the scenes. All we seem to hear lately is negative shite about Celtic. Remember that fat fucker jabba has a big sway with the Scottish media, so he's without doubt behind a lot of it. Yes Rodgers has made mistakes, but if someone told you after Ronnie left that we would have a manager come in and win a double treble you would have laughed at them. Give the man some credit, because if people don't stop moanin and draggin their knuckles, he'll fuck off too! As the old saying goes "you don't know what you've got til it's gone"! HH.

To be fair Ronnie wiz shit and he won 2 trophies both seasons. Any one of us could probly have done that. BR has moved us on but he shouldn't be above criticism. That's all I'm saying, I don't need the media to make my mind up I've got eyes. EL is crucial to BR , he'll do well to blame the board for three shit European campaigns, let's hope he doesn't need to...

Ronnie lost to shit Hun team. The team was fallin apart under him. Rodgers came in and steadied the ship and more. He's the best manager we've had for years. He's only human, of course he's gonna make mistakes and I didn't say he's blameless, but isn't Peter lawell and his penny pinching the reason why Neil Lennon left. Along with a lot of players too. So it wouldn't take a genius to figure out where the problem lies.

We are going to hear one lot of shite off the scottish hacks do anything to unsettle our team and fans in Brendan we trust
Agreed, MSM are on full 'Zombie'
Plus, Ssme of the comments from so called Tims, about Brendan Rodgers, are ridiculous
Back the manager, he's got a great record against the Huns
We've got more than enough fire power to beat them this Sunday
Get big Mulumbu in amongst Sclafferty, to sort him out
They'll come out kicking as usual, but I'm confident we'll get the 3 points

Agreed, MSM are on full 'Zombie'
Plus, Ssme of the comments from so called Tims, about Brendan Rodgers, are ridiculous
Back the manager, he's got a great record against the Huns
We've got more than enough fire power to beat them this Sunday
Get big Mulumbu in amongst Sclafferty, to sort him out
They'll come out kicking as usual, but I'm confident we'll get the 3 points

Strangely, I'm never confident against Der Hun. I suspect with the feelgood factor flying about I, probably paranoid, believe there is much more chance of a few 'dodgy decisions'. :eek:

Ronnie lost to shit Hun team. The team was fallin apart under him. Rodgers came in and steadied the ship and more. He's the best manager we've had for years. He's only human, of course he's gonna make mistakes and I didn't say he's blameless, but isn't Peter lawell and his penny pinching the reason why Neil Lennon left. Along with a lot of players too. So it wouldn't take a genius to figure out where the problem lies.
Wim Jansen left cos of Wee Fergus's penny pinching. It's the lot of Celtic manager to get chased for being pish or leave cos of penny pinch8ng. I'd think cuntz would learn?

Members online

Latest posts

Back