Bad language on ‘Celtic Noise’

Speyside Lhad

In general the chat here has been great, some excellent discussion between ourselves on all sorts of Celtic related topics but ocassionally we have let ourselves down (myself included) with some bad language, this is more notable on match days/nights, probably when alcohol has played a fair part and coupled with our team not hitting the heights we expect from them it’s led to frustrations and not being as tolerant of each other’s views that we normally accept in an amicable way.

We’ve a cracking new forum here folks, let’s not ever ever let the standards drop to the Neanderthal Hun like filth we’ve all come across when we’ve gone for a giggle and lurked on follow follow etc

Onwards and upwards for a cracking season and 8 in a row.

?? ?Hail Hail? ??

I am of the school of thought that there is only language and people for loads of reasons decide some are bad words. They are not. They are words that describe and evoke the feelings they wish to convey.

I see everywhere these days the offence people take at all manner of things. It saddens me deeply. Causing offence is not a crime and anybody taking offence to words I feel is an overcreaction. If it’s written ok and lends to the picture you are trying to create in the mind of the reader then there is no harm in it.

As for young people. There isn’t a man in here who wasn’t using these words whilst at primary school. Do we pretend they don’t exist and that they are indeed bad?

Can you maybe run a poll because if it’s a case of censorship of words them I’m out. Cheers

I understand your response to the use of bad language and the points you make but to encompass the words for the sake of it ? Again your point on the feelings that are evoked at times yes to a certain extent I can understand but to go into a rant and overuse them I don't know and I will not walk away if people felt I was wrong

I am of the school of thought that there is only language and people for loads of reasons decide some are bad words. They are not. They are words that describe and evoke the feelings they wish to convey.

I see everywhere these days the offence people take at all manner of things. It saddens me deeply. Causing offence is not a crime and anybody taking offence to words I feel is an overcreaction. If it’s written ok and lends to the picture you are trying to create in the mind of the reader then there is no harm in it.

As for young people. There isn’t a man in here who wasn’t using these words whilst at primary school. Do we pretend they don’t exist and that they are indeed bad?

Can you maybe run a poll because if it’s a case of censorship of words them I’m out. Cheers

I’m not one to take offence easily but just feel that once a precedent has been set then it’s very easy for standards to fall, hence my reference to the forum of choice for the zombie hordes. All it takes is a couple of posters to indulge in some low level bickering at each other, another couple to take sides and then it’s got the potential to cause bad feeling. What’s wrong with us having a gentleman’s agreement to keep things civil which does not extend to any kind of censorship mate.?

I love you all and we are all a big Celtic family...but the only people I don't swear in front of is my mum and my 2 daughter's...I'll do my best on this forum not to but if I'm annoyed about something or want to get my point across and feel like the sentence needs a wee swear in there to get my point across then I'm afraid it's going in there. People can turn their noses up to that statement all they want but that's how I feel. No disrespect to anyone...but saying I'm like a hun if a use a swear word is a bit extreme....

I love you all and we are all a big Celtic family...but the only people I don't swear in front of is my mum and my 2 daughter's...I'll do my best on this forum not to but if I'm annoyed about something or want to get my point across and feel like the sentence needs a wee swear in there to get my point across then I'm afraid it's going in there. People can turn their noses up to that statement all they want but that's how I feel. No disrespect to anyone...but saying I'm like a hun if a use a swear word is a bit extreme....

When I started this thread it was meant with good intentions and certainly not an attempt to ban any bad language totally (I’m just a poster here like the majority of folks and not admin or anything like that)

If we can try and limit foul language then great, I’d just hate to see what has started out as a really positive forum becoming accustomed to it as seems to be the normal not just on Hun sites but recently even on theCelticblog comments and also on cqn.

Obviously some stuff will appear especially in the heat of the moment when we comment on games in progress etc but surely when we are replying to other posters we can show some respect.

I’ve only mentioned this as I noticed some stuff on another thread which started during a game and then continued after.... i really enjoy all the guys postings who were involved but we need to think about newcomers to the site, if they log onto a match thread on their first visit and just read posts with folks starting on each other then will they stay to make a possible valuable contribution.?

We are committed to Celtic, that makes us committed to each other, like a family that has ups and downs we are stuck with each other for the love of the green and white, Glasgow, Scotland, Ireland, Spain, USA, Canada, Australia, there are many more here from countries mentioned on Dilligaf’s thread that slip my mind due to the drink atm but we are all here for the same reason... our love of the ???Glasgow Celtic???

Hail hail Speyside ???

I can’t make it to games right now mate, (my missus has recently had an operation and is currently undergoing post-op cancer treatment) so this forum starting up has been so good for me, discussing all things Celtic that i’d normally do on the bus or at Paradise etc

I love the Celtic, and want to have the craic with fellow minded folks, maybe my OP sounded demanding or censoring, it wasn’t intended that way, thanks for understanding matey ??

My family and I send our thoughts and prayers to your missus mate. I'm sorry for the crap time you are going through. HH brother ??
I enjoy reading your posts and look forward to our many many debates and discussions...I'm sure we will agree and disagree lots but it will all be in good spirit and we are still part of the Celtic family. I promise I'll do my best to mind my Ps and Qs???

Last edited:
My family and I send our thoughts and prayers to your missus mate. I'm sorry for the crap time you are going through. HH brother ??
I enjoy reading your posts and look forward to our many many debates and discussions...I'm sure we will agree and disagree lots but it will all be in good spirit and we are still part of the Celtic family. I promise I'll do my best to mind my Ps and Qs???

Thanks Lubos, all thoughts and prayers are most welcome (for Mandy), we’ve been together 10 years now and although she doesn’t drink or follow fitba she knows how much Celtic means to me and allows the late nights, away days, the drinking, the singing, the dancing,the partying for days after big games ???

So anyways.. heated discussion is great matey ?? It’s been great to read all your posts so far, hopefully I’ll get down to Paradise later in the season and get a ticket book sorted next year, in the mean time it’s getting pished, YouTube, the game and this site for me ?????

Well I'm in sunny Guildford mate..so it's Celtic on sky. BT and hesgoal....My missus USED to be a Chelsea fan.....not anymore. Took her to her 1st game against killie about 7 years ago. Wasn't a sell out but she said the crowd there was better and louder than a packed Stamford bridge. She's 1 of the ghirls now. Hoping to get my wee girls up to see the bhoys at parkhead for the 1st time this season. They have been up the Celtic Way to see their grandas brick loads but not been in to see the bhoys play yet. Can't wait....I do miss going to the matches since I moved down here ???

Unless someone says:
Going for 55
Gap is closing
Old firm
Ra ranjurs are coming
Same club
And finally when the media says

"(Insert name of Celtic player who has had good game) is leaving to go to (Insert English club) in the next tranfer window"

Then you can swear like you were 15 with your mates and yer maw is at the shops!!!!!???

I get as emotional as anyone while watching the 'Tic and the language gets equally emotive at times , but when writing on a forum such as this it does not take any great restraint to be courteous . I enjoy reading the thoughts on the games by most of the contributors on here and would hope that the good start we have made will continue in the manner it has begun .

( Best wishes to Mandy and Speyside Lhad )

Unless someone says:
Going for 55
Gap is closing
Old firm
Ra ranjurs are coming
Same club
And finally when the media says

"(Insert name of Celtic player who has had good game) is leaving to go to (Insert English club) in the next tranfer window"

Then you can swear like you were 15 with your mates and yer maw is at the shops!!!!!???
Spot on. HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back