Bad language on ‘Celtic Noise’

I like swearing, and the points others make about expressiveness and emotional honesty are well made. The points about any request for a discussion about moderation being in any way "PC", or restricting freedom of speech are not. When I'm speaking, I have a very good idea who can hear me; I moderate my language out of respect for others, if I don't know them. Because while language can express feelings with clarity and concision, some emotional outbursts can and do make other people uncomfortable. It is wholly disrespectful to say "That's their problem, the main thing here is that I do as I please," and it speaks to a sense of entitlement. It seems to me that all we're being asked to do here is consider being respectful...isn't it?
Best wishes to Mandy and Speyside Lhad at a difficult time for you both.

Who died and made you the arbitrar of what is and isn’t right? You seem to be the one suffering from entitlement issues mate. Wind yer neck in and stop preaching. Everybody view is valid, you are making the some are more valid than others pish.

I swear regularly - it's good when you're hitting home a valid point but can make you look like an idiot when you've lost the plot.

Trust me, I know ?

In general the chat here has been great, some excellent discussion between ourselves on all sorts of Celtic related topics but ocassionally we have let ourselves down (myself included) with some bad language, this is more notable on match days/nights, probably when alcohol has played a fair part and coupled with our team not hitting the heights we expect from them it’s led to frustrations and not being as tolerant of each other’s views that we normally accept in an amicable way.

We’ve a cracking new forum here folks, let’s not ever ever let the standards drop to the Neanderthal Hun like filth we’ve all come across when we’ve gone for a giggle and lurked on follow follow etc

Onwards and upwards for a cracking season and 8 in a row.

?? ?Hail Hail? ??
I have to agree, I go in some blogs and it's virtually incoherent with words expressed that I never knew existed! The "hunskelping"? God knows what that is but it's inane so much so I don't go on these sites, by all means let rip one or two F s and Bs but to have a paragraph or two full is ridiculous. Keep it neat, keep it clean(ish)

Fuck this thread! You having a laugh it's about passion, feeling, angst, anger, joy, unaldultered happiness, being at the lowest and the highest and whit calm yir language!
Get a Grip. Naw have the freedom to express yourself any way you feel that's called freedom of expression it's basic might not please everyone but by God your fuckin aloud to say it! ?

Members online

Back