Bad window by all

StevieS

I have to take to task slightly the Celtic noise story this morning putting all the blame on Lawell for this window. Lawell lack of negotiating skills have as u say cost us shar, paccini and McGinn in this window but brendan Rogers doesn't come out of this well to. In January we had the chance to sign McGinn and Schar but at Brendan insistence we signed Commper, Hendry and Musonda, no 1 else's insistence it was Brendan who stated he had got his main targets and it was credit to the board for getting them for him. We wouldn't be sitting here now arguing, complaining and slagging off the board and putting up quite frankly childish song title pieces if Brendan and Congerton had identified and signed the correct players in January. Also Dembele and his agent come out of this window looking like cheap, childish and manipulative liars to engineer a move, so in short all parties don't come out of this window or January window looking particularly good. HH and Mon the hoops.

Agree totally m8, I'm no friend of this plc crap as it puts profit and share price hike b4 team success which is wot shld b important but All parties have F....d up as much as each other IMO. I've said for years, wether people like to hear it or not, and my grandad said it b4 me celtic and rangers are a joint business and anytime 1 gets so far ahead its affecting "the partnership" self sabotage starts to take place its happened continuously throughout our history and the history od deadco and now sevco. We just seem to b really good at not hiding it.

Modern football sad to say is no longer about success on the field its about share prices, profit margins and exposure to financial markets. We are now in the era of the American franchise model, and very soon totally invitation only, no promotion or relegation and the transfers will be decided like an American football draft system. Thus taking away the chance and risk that minnows can win that for years has made football so exiting. Its already virtually here in so called Champs League. We the fans mean hee haw anymore in EPL the sponsorship and TV revenue is so great they could now play in empty stadiums and only impact it would have is that its quiet, it wld have no impact on their profits. Football as we used to know it is dead.... Rant over bhoys and girls HH.

I have to take to task slightly the Celtic noise story this morning putting all the blame on Lawell for this window. Lawell lack of negotiating skills have as u say cost us shar, paccini and McGinn in this window but brendan Rogers doesn't come out of this well to. In January we had the chance to sign McGinn and Schar but at Brendan insistence we signed Commper, Hendry and Musonda, no 1 else's insistence it was Brendan who stated he had got his main targets and it was credit to the board for getting them for him. We wouldn't be sitting here now arguing, complaining and slagging off the board and putting up quite frankly childish song title pieces if Brendan and Congerton had identified and signed the correct players in January. Also Dembele and his agent come out of this window looking like cheap, childish and manipulative liars to engineer a move, so in short all parties don't come out of this window or January window looking particularly good. HH and Mon the hoops.
If what you say about Rodgers this true, then he's a liar. Because he said after the whole McGinn saga that he had nothing to do with transfers. He identifies players and then passes it up the line for whoever (congerton/lawell??) to seal the deal. The chairman of Lyon did say recently that they were negotiating with lawell. So I think the finger of blame should be pointed at him. How many managers under lawell have had the same complaint? He's a miserable fucker, yet he'll get his fat bonus at the end of the year!

In those points your totally correct m8 100 percent and Lawell is totally to blame for that but brendan didn't lie that's true but brendan along with congerton identified commper, musonda and Hendry as priorities in Jan and then thanked the board for going out and getting them. So he has to take some of the blame as both shar and McGinn were available in January.

That's why am saying no one comes out of this blameless but The majority of blame does as u say lie at Lawells and plc boards door m8.

Only thing we failed in is bringing in a striker, we made a substantial profit on dembele and unfortunately that's the business we are in nowadays. am I the only one thinking that it was a good sale as Dembele had zero chemistry with the fans. He barely celebrated when he scored, always looked as though he didn't want to be there and the the countless chances that couldve been goals if he had only passed rather than go for glory. I think back to Henrik and he always passed if someone was in a better position where Dembele would go for glory.
Look back at Dembele in his first season when he scored he was running to the fans, the last season his ego grew and it was like he thought he was god of the club. No player is bigger than the four leaved clover on their chest.

No manager gets 100% of his signings to turn out successes. It just doesn't happen. Likewise on the negotiation front, no one charged with bringing deals over the line can expect a 100% success rate.
However, in this particular instance, given what we know and from such a financially strong position, I think Lawwell in particular has to carry the can. It almost feels orchestrated.

Only thing we failed in is bringing in a striker, we made a substantial profit on dembele and unfortunately that's the business we are in nowadays. am I the only one thinking that it was a good sale as Dembele had zero chemistry with the fans. He barely celebrated when he scored, always looked as though he didn't want to be there and the the countless chances that couldve been goals if he had only passed rather than go for glory. I think back to Henrik and he always passed if someone was in a better position where Dembele would go for glory.
Look back at Dembele in his first season when he scored he was running to the fans, the last season his ego grew and it was like he thought he was god of the club. No player is bigger than the four leaved clover on their chest.
Yes without a doubt it was great business. But the fact of the matter is, if we got fifty or a hundred million for him, it wouldn't make on button of difference. We would still be penny pinching. Good for the club, but not for the fans. We're looking to see Celtic buy and hold onto decent players for a longer period of time than a couple of years. But it seems we have now turned into a feeder club for the big money teams. And yes I agree with your analysis of dembele, his ego went to fuck after the first season. The only thing I hope is that he hasn't poisoned eddy and ntcham. You mentioned Larsson too. A totally different animal altogether, infact judas shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence !

No manager gets 100% of his signings to turn out successes. It just doesn't happen. Likewise on the negotiation front, no one charged with bringing deals over the line can expect a 100% success rate.
However, in this particular instance, given what we know and from such a financially strong position, I think Lawwell in particular has to carry the can. It almost feels orchestrated.
I agree Lawell is most to blame

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back