Bain or Gordon?

Gordon. For now. Brilliant for us in some huge CL matches; terrific shot-stopper and incredible mental strength.

Bain looks like he can handle the big-time tho.

That's one position we can relax about.

I reckon Bain deserves an extended run

Has NEVER let us down Exceptional multiple saves on Saturday against the MINIS

I remember him playing blinders against us when he was at Dumbdee before their then Dumb Manager threw a flakey

The Gordon mishap against RB Salzburg should have put the tin lid on his No1 position He DID pull off some good saves earlier in the match but that's what he's paid to do

Could have had us out of Europe with his ineptitude
HH?

I reckon Bain deserves an extended run

Has NEVER let us down Exceptional multiple saves on Saturday against the MINIS

I remember him playing blinders against us when he was at Dumbdee before their then Dumb Manager threw a flakey

The Gordon mishap against RB Salzburg should have put the tin lid on his No1 position He DID pull off some good saves earlier in the match but that's what he's paid to do

Could have had us out of Europe with his ineptitude
HH?
There in a nutshell is the burden of being a keeper, Bill.

It's an unforgiving position and every player who stands between the sticks knows that it's black and white, no grey areas!

You're a match winner or the scapegoat!

The team as a whole were rank against Salzburg, up until the calamity, CG was the only player on pass marks. Nobody remembers the passes into row z, but they'll remember CG doing his best impersonation of Manuel Neuer (the same Manuel Neuer that was a world cup winner 5-years ago).

Forgive the pun, but BR shifted the goalposts when he insisted that the keeper plays out from the back. That's a pretty big call if he's never played that position. It goes against the grain of everything a keeper is taught from a young age, getting that wee white roond thing as far away from your net as possible.

It is inevitable that a keeper is going to throw a few in, we have to compensate for that inevitability. As the old adage goes: win as a team, lose as a team!

Aye, CG has been culpable on occasion, but from a keepers perspective - Scott Bain was beaten at his near post by windyass at the shitey, and went down too quickly at the candyasses effort too.

That's being a tad harsh on Bain, but you better believe that that would have been the first things that Stevie Woods talked about after that match.

Bain deserves more game time, unfortunately - goalkeeper's need continuity and chopping and changing serves no practical purpose.

One final note, the best goalkeepers that ever played the game, were the ones that talked their team-mates through the game. The Father, was a great keeper, but his biggest assets were his cool head and his tongue. When Big Tam went on the rampage, it was Ronnie that reined him in.

Members online

Latest posts

Back