Ballot Survey, takes 2 secs - 'It's now all about the money,' Celtic criticised for putting Cash before Supporters

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
True , TV1 !
Lawwell's salary ( +bonus's ) , dividends paid etc ...tell a story .

But for me the most telling indictment of the Board is their attitude to Charity - the founding principle of the club.
How many millions did we donate to Charity ? By ''we'' I don't mean the Celtic supporters who are peerless in their efforts to raise money for a huge range of good causes - but the Club - how much from the many millions raised went to Charity ?
I looked through the most recent accounts but ( being no accountant ) was unable to detect any donations made in that year's figures .
Perhaps someone with more detailed knowledge of these matters could enlighten me !

HH

If anybody thought otherwise I would be surprised. The stance they take to block streaming for everybody in the UK and Ireland tells you that. We are the only team who does this and it tells me everything I need to know about our boards attitude to the support.
Well said and really scandalous

But I suspect the amount of people who would just buy tv rights rather go game might be their excuse.

Celtics worst matches at home coincide with smaller crowds

And I suspect if they put all games on CTV for uk then it would be small crowds more often.

Catch 22

they should cut a deal that if the stadium is sold out then game costs 5 quid on the CTV

But they really should have a stand alone radio (proper radio commentary for CTV live) the tv commentary on radio sucks

they dont describe game properly

But I suspect the amount of people who would just buy tv rights rather go game might be their excuse.

And I suspect if they put all games on CTV for uk then it would be small crowds more often.

Catch 22

they should cut a deal that if the stadium is sold out then game costs 5 quid on the CTV

But they really should have a stand alone radio (proper radio commentary for CTV live) the tv commentary on radio sucks

Callum McGregor is on the ..... christie...
the opposition have ball so we will talk about tom boyds week

oh missed that goal but it was a goal

and thats the entire game

not where they have ball, no description of the play, very little when opps have ball but lots of oooooh and aaaah

60 quid a year for poor radio commentary

not good enough!

Last edited:

Catch 22

Our average attendance is 58,000
If the crowds were half that then I might be more open to that argument. The fact no other club I am aware of does this level of blocking. I like the idea that people, our people and their weans whose families cannot afford it get to see our team. That might be too idealistic but that's the way I feel. The support built Celtic, not Lawell, not Fergus, us. Those in the boardroom should remember that.

Our average attendance is 58,000
If the crowds were half that then I might be more open to that argument. The fact no other club I am aware of does this level of blocking. I like the idea that people, our people and their weans whose families cannot afford it get to see our team. That might be too idealistic but that's the way I feel. The support built Celtic, not Lawell, not Fergus, us. Those in the boardroom should remember that.
The tickets sold may be 58k

But I'm not sure the attendance is often above 45k

I agree its a problem for Celtic fans who cant attend the game

I think a better solution would be a proper radio connection for every game, and season ticket holders who buy ticket and don't attend a certain number of games should need to re-apply for ticket since they dont value the utility of the ticket or even maybe doubling the price of their ticket since they didn't use it enough, would encourage people to go to game rather than find a free alternative and leave a seat empty when someone else would want to use it.

The tickets sold may be 58k

But I'm not sure the attendance is often above 45k

I agree its a problem for Celtic fans who cant attend the game

I think a better solution would be a proper radio connection for every game, and season ticket holders who buy ticket and don't attend a certain number of games should need to re-apply for ticket since they dont value the utility of the ticket or even maybe doubling the price of their ticket since they didn't use it enough, would encourage people to go to game rather than find a free alternative and leave a seat empty when someone else would want to use it.

Radio coverage is a thing of the past in today's media world. Even if they did this every other supporter can watch their team, but we have to listen to utterly atrocious radio commentary. I'm not a fan of the Celtic TV commentary. The main commentator is ok it's the constant talking that grates. Earlier in the season when it was any cunt who worked at the view got a chance to bore the arse off us all with non stop inane chatter.

I can't see them unblocking it so we have to get used to it.

Reactions: TET
Radio coverage is a thing of the past in today's media world. Even if they did this every other supporter can watch their team, but we have to listen to utterly atrocious radio commentary. I'm not a fan of the Celtic TV commentary. The main commentator is ok it's the constant talking that grates. Earlier in the season when it was any cunt who worked at the view got a chance to bore the arse off us all with non stop inane chatter.

I can't see them unblocking it so we have to get used to it.
I hear what your saying but again it comes down to money in

need a better solution but one that doesn't prevent revenue streams into club

True , TV1 !
Lawwell's salary ( +bonus's ) , dividends paid etc ...tell a story .

But for me the most telling indictment of the Board is their attitude to Charity - the founding principle of the club.
How many millions did we donate to Charity ? By ''we'' I don't mean the Celtic supporters who are peerless in their efforts to raise money for a huge range of good causes - but the Club - how much from the many millions raised went to Charity ?
I looked through the most recent accounts but ( being no accountant ) was unable to detect any donations made in that year's figures .
Perhaps someone with more detailed knowledge of these matters could enlighten me !

HH

Didn’t we contribute £10,000 to Poppy Scotland?

Regarding our fans and attendances..
Celtic as a club, have always had a hardcore fanbase of around 25-3000 fans...this has been the case throughout our history...It wasnt until Fergus came in and changed the club model that things dramatically changed... I always think that even if we get crowds of 40k at games nowadays then it is still tremendous turn out especially with the prices charged and the general cost of the day out.

Re TV Streams

Is there anyway that a private hosting can be done and shared via invites only with a password that changes every game? Im nae techy but willing to give it a go

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back