BBC Licence fee

Ray

Read today, that the fee ‘dodgers’as put by certain English papers is highest in Scotland 10%,down south and Wales is 6%,the report comes from The Scotsman,via The Times,sport and politics being the main reason,this fee in sport is used to put English football ahead of Scottish football at every turn,in politics it is a British government propaganda tax,why should it be valid any longer,but as far as Celtic fans are concerned the state broadcaster radio coverage of the Scottish game with regarding ‘rangers’essential inputs from, Steven Thomson,kris Boyd,Alex Rae,billy Dodds,all regular contributions on these airways, makes you think,but something we already know,

TV what ahem your honour my cousins brother sisters cousin uncle faither cousin on his mother's fathers sisters wee sisters friends dug cross fish gave me the telly and also the new heaters that were given to me that have accrued many thousands of electricity pounds so because somebody gave me it it's no mine your honour (y)

Read today, that the fee ‘dodgers’as put by certain English papers is highest in Scotland 10%,down south and Wales is 6%,the report comes from The Scotsman,via The Times,sport and politics being the main reason,this fee in sport is used to put English football ahead of Scottish football at every turn,in politics it is a British government propaganda tax,why should it be valid any longer,but as far as Celtic fans are concerned the state broadcaster radio coverage of the Scottish game with regarding ‘rangers’essential inputs from, Steven Thomson,kris Boyd,Alex Rae,billy Dodds,all regular contributions on these airways, makes you think,but something we already know,

I am a one in ten
A number on the list

TV license is the one tax I have never n will never pay. Its a disgusting robbery scheme that no other country in the world has. The BBC is a private company that has shareholders n not only the English bias but the superior agenda it has is deplorable. When you look back at the obscene money it has given to no talent DJ's n so called comedians n Parky, Wogan, Edmonds, that lisping guy n even now with the wee Irish fella even now it's mental to be making the public pay these munkeys their millions! I can't even remember the last thing I watched on that network, think it was the cup final.

Sheer madness, let the rich tories pay for that god awful network!

F the BBC, state controlled liars. They played a significant role in securing the no vote. They lied to subvert a democratic vote.
You can get jailed for not paying a fine received for not having a TV licence.You can be sent to jail for not giving the state run broadcaster money. It's like something from 1984.
HH Rich

I am a one in ten
A number on the list
Me too,!a
F the BBC, state controlled liars. They played a significant role in securing the no vote. They lied to subvert a democratic vote.
You can get jailed for not paying a fine received for not having a TV licence.You can be sent to jail for not giving the state run broadcaster money. It's like something from 1984.
HH Rich
I remember a few years ago think within the last 5 yrs,maybe longer,but not much,parliament had a chance to kick this into touch, and they refused,why,?????take out the propaganda aspect for the government,then how would the bbc finance itself, bearing in mind the atrocious mind boggling salaries paid,things must be hard for them as they are soon to stop free licence for the elderly,the whole aspect of the bbc stinks,especially concerning Scotland,hh

In my opinion the BBC remains the best impartial broadcaster for Scotland and for the whole UK and the licence fee is the best bargain in the country. The old defence is a bit of a cliche but still true ie if all sides are attacking the BBC then it must be doing its impartial job well Needs to be defended against right wing Tories who have always hated it and want to see it abolished and the prize handed to Murdoch and co

In my opinion the BBC remains the best impartial broadcaster for Scotland and for the whole UK and the licence fee is the best bargain in the country. The old defence is a bit of a cliche but still true ie if all sides are attacking the BBC then it must be doing its impartial job well Needs to be defended against right wing Tories who have always hated it and want to see it abolished and the prize handed to Murdoch and co

There not always impartial JS, the coverage of the murders of 60 or so Palestinians in the days following Trump moving the US embassy to Jerusalem was an absolute disgrace, to say that these people were killed in 'clashes at the border' was indefensible in my book, I'll admit that over the years Panorama gave a more balanced view in conflicts around the world, especially in Ireland, during any time of a tory administration and the usual threat of abolishing the tv licence, they toe the party line like most other countries, and I include the US, Russia and even North Korea, lies is lies mate.

Last edited:
The BBC and other news organisations know what not to say. Self censorship in action.
They remember what happened to Thames TV after they broadcast Death on the Rock.
The BBC were not impartial during the Independence debate, the clue is in the name.
Hail Hail
Rich

I have been to Israel for work three times and on a Holy Land pilgrimage once so no expert Benignus. But I have listened there to Israeli Jews, Israeli Christians and Palestinians.The Israelis of all political persuasions are totally convinced that the BBC is biased towards the Palestinians. As evidence they showed me daily reports from their papers of rocket attacks on Israel from Gaza which killed Israelis but which were never mentioned in the Western media including the BBC. My point is yet again both sides are convinced the BBC is biased against them

Sadly the press media and radio station's and many other outlets are controlled by the government because ding dong the witch is dead and taxman and revolution would be on autoplay continously ?

John , you must be watching a different BBC from me - impartial ? Did you watch any of the coverage of the referendum ( the real one in 2014 ) ? Have you listened to their GMS on the radio ? Are you aware of how slanted their coverage of the Scottish Government is on a daily basis ? Have you seen the lineups when ''Question Time '' comes to Scotland ?
And let's not get into Jimmy Saville etc ..

I have three complaints ( at the moment ) pending on their bias , their lack of coverage of important Scottish matters and their failure to treat Scottish football on an equal footing with the EPL .
They normally brush off complaints by giving a bland company statement that they are not biased in any way - and ignore the substantive issue .
Now they have taken to doing a Theresa May - kicking the can down the road , saying they are having difficulty in answering the complaint - but will get there in the end- whenever is anybody's guess .

Your experience may be different to mine but I will never trust them - this side of Independence !

Reactions: Ray
John , you must be watching a different BBC from me - impartial ? Did you watch any of the coverage of the referendum ( the real one in 2014 ) ? Have you listened to their GMS on the radio ? Are you aware of how slanted their coverage of the Scottish Government is on a daily basis ? Have you seen the lineups when ''Question Time '' comes to Scotland ?
And let's not get into Jimmy Saville etc ..

I have three complaints ( at the moment ) pending on their bias , their lack of coverage of important Scottish matters and their failure to treat Scottish football on an equal footing with the EPL .
They normally brush off complaints by giving a bland company statement that they are not biased in any way - and ignore the substantive issue .
Now they have taken to doing a Theresa May - kicking the can down the road , saying they are having difficulty in answering the complaint - but will get there in the end- whenever is anybody's guess .

Your experience may be different to mine but I will never trust them - this side of Independence !
To true Millay,hh

Millsy, I know many people share your view. For me, I have watched their referendum coverage, their Brexit coverage and down through the years their coverage of football, Scottish and English. In general I think they do an excellent impartial job, much superior to any other media organisation. I should add that I have connection with them at all and never have had

John , no need to state YOUR impartiality - we just have different views on what I think is a totally biased organisation that produces government propaganda on an industrial scale .

....and Prof. Robertson of UWS showed their bias in his review of the media over a long period - which the BBC high heid yins failed to overturn at an inquiry by the Scottish Parliament .
HH

Last edited:
Back