BBC panorama

A can hardly walk in flip flops!!highest heel a wear is on my rigger boots....

Don’t know what they are but am thinking workie boots ??

Bet your at it. Bet you have a pair of candices shoes and a Ru Paul dress ?

Suits you Sir

That’s wit rips ma knitting mate,,who takes responsibility for putting these clowns in charge of vulnerable people??the winterbourne episode ended way six of the staff getting jailed,,,but the bosses carry on as before...

Very shortly, E, everyone who works in the care industry will have to be registered with SSSC and this will hopefully take care of the abusers and their bosses.

Absolutely, E. Folk used to just get fired and the problem got carried on to their next place of employment but this register documents everything and has come about because of all the past issues.
A suppose it’s better than nowt,my boys autistic and he’s the sweetest most gentle fun loving boy and it sort of shocks me that cunts that go into that job don’t give two fucks about the wee persons soul,,,sorry shammie for bringing the mood doon am off to bed,,,,,nice chatting,god bless,

A suppose it’s better than nowt,my boys autistic and he’s the sweetest most gentle fun loving boy and it sort of shocks me that cunts that go into that job don’t give two fucks about the wee persons soul,,,sorry shammie for bringing the mood doon am off to bed,,,,,nice chatting,god bless,

Things will change for the better, E. gb

That’s wit rips ma knitting mate,,who takes responsibility for putting these clowns in charge of vulnerable people??the winterbourne episode ended way six of the staff getting jailed,,,but the bosses carry on as before...
What really winds me up is that the Board of Trustees in these places are usually made up of former Senior Social Workers, Clinical Psychiatrists, Politicians, and former Care Inspectors?

As long as the big bucks keep rolling in from the Local Authorities, then they'll keep turning a blind eye to top-up their pension fund.

The SSSC and Care Quality Commission are paper tigers who are as toothless as your garden variety hun.

It's a national disgrace and is as much as an indictment of "Great" Britain, as.......well Great Britain!

I can’t watch these programmes that show the worst of our humanity. I too have had experience of the care system as my late husband was in care near the end of his life and he had his family around him constantly on a daily basis. But I know some of the people in care don’t have family to make sure they are ok and that makes them even more vulnerable.

I believe that there needs to be more investment in the care system to attract the best qualified staff. We trust these people with our most precious family member we deserve the highest trained and qualified staff to care for them.

This Tory government put profit and saving money first they have no empathy with anyone who has to use the services of the care system.

Just read your post SP so much better than mine but on the same page I believe.

I can’t watch these programmes that show the worst of our humanity. I too have had experience of the care system as my late husband was in care near the end of his life and he had his family around him constantly on a daily basis. But I know some of the people in care don’t have family to make sure they are ok and that makes them even more vulnerable.

I believe that there needs to be more investment in the care system to attract the best qualified staff. We trust these people with our most precious family member we deserve the highest trained and qualified staff to care for them.

This Tory government put profit and saving money first they have no empathy with anyone who has to use the services of the care system.

Rose, I currently work in social care.

When it's done properly, with exhaustive training and incentives - then it really can be a force for good and a positive method of supporting vulnerable people to enjoy a quality of life that may have not been otherwise achievable.

However - there is a general panic in the whole sector because of government cost-cutting exercises and that is reflective in pay and conditions. This means that excellent staff members are being forced out to find better paid jobs. What you're then left with are underqualified, under-prepared, unskilled staff members who thrive on the opportunity to bully and exert a bit of authority.

Because support-at-home facilities are more compact and less densely populated, there are, generally speaking, more dedicated and better-trained staff. There is still plenty scope for abuse though: financial, emotional, physical, sexual, etc, etc........

The wages are still ridiculously low; however - Shammy is spot-on regarding new legislation requiring registration and regular disclosure and PVG checks.

It is vital that family members are considered and included on Trustee Boards. Oversight is the most important part of ensuring that people are treated with the dignity, respect and quality that they should be entitled too.

Espirtosanto is also spot-on though, in many cases it's definitely a matter of far too little, far too late.

Instead of investing in care services, Councils are actually cutting them. By the time I need looking after the only option left will be hospitals. And don't even get me started on how underpaid and undervalued care workers are. That old adage also applies "Pay peanuts, get monkeys".

my mum age 96 this month in care home cost £928.25 a week. which my mum has to pay. Ok no utility bills, council tax, home/contents ins. My mum has 24/7 care in what I regard a good residential care home with ex excellent staff paid properly. Double edged sword, my mum has the money saved and government states pay for care. I think about people on streets, on drugs and other things. Duty of care by Westminster. They DON'T CARE. We are on our way to being a third world country. No manufacturing, no industry, no ancillary industry. No work, decline in towns. All dictated by companies working bees until not required, no profit, will go elsewhere. seen it before British Empire conquer rape and leave, bye bye. Bites you in the bump this Great British Empire, EH, bought into it!!!!

my mum age 96 this month in care home cost £928.25 a week. which my mum has to pay. Ok no utility bills, council tax, home/contents ins. My mum has 24/7 care in what I regard a good residential care home with ex excellent staff paid properly. Double edged sword, my mum has the money saved and government states pay for care. I think about people on streets, on drugs and other things. Duty of care by Westminster. They DON'T CARE. We are on our way to being a third world country. No manufacturing, no industry, no ancillary industry. No work, decline in towns. All dictated by companies working bees until not required, no profit, will go elsewhere. seen it before British Empire conquer rape and leave, bye bye. Bites you in the bump this Great British Empire, EH, bought into it!!!!
That's a sin in itself, Falco. I appreciate very much that you're not making a big deal about the expense, but it still offends my sensibilities that your Ma's contributions throughout her 96-years still result in her having to pay that amount of money per week.

I'm glad that she is being treated well and that she is receiving some financial relief regarding care, but there are billionaires sucking the life out of this country and I make you 100% correct on every other observation you have made.

The NHS was/is the envy of the world, but even now they are making business-oriented decisions instead of life-preserving ones and successive governments have decided to base policy on personal interests rather than those of the nation.

That's why spineless, greedy, unscrupulous evil bastards can generate a fortune profiteering from other people's misery, as seen in that documentary and as seen on our cities streets every single day.

That's a sin in itself, Falco. I appreciate very much that you're not making a big deal about the expense, but it still offends my sensibilities that your Ma's contributions throughout her 96-years still result in her having to pay that amount of money per week.

I'm glad that she is being treated well and that she is receiving some financial relief regarding care, but there are billionaires sucking the life out of this country and I make you 100% correct on every other observation you have made.

The NHS was/is the envy of the world, but even now they are making business-oriented decisions instead of life-preserving ones and successive governments have decided to base policy on personal interests rather than those of the nation.

That's why spineless, greedy, unscrupulous evil bastards can generate a fortune profiteering from other people's misery, as seen in that documentary and as seen on our cities streets every single day.
Exactly, atrouish, treating the working people of this country like trash. I once worked for British Alcan, they decided to transfer a process to Wales an other factory. Had a union meeting everyone was against it, shop Stewart persisted until everyone voted for it to go through.

However - there is a general panic in the whole sector because of government cost-cutting exercises and that is reflective in pay and conditions. This means that excellent staff members are being forced out to find better paid jobs. What you're then left with are underqualified, under-prepared, unskilled staff members who thrive on the opportunity to bully and exert a bit of authority.

Because support-at-home facilities are more compact and less densely populated, there are, generally speaking, more dedicated and better-trained staff. There is still plenty scope for abuse though: financial, emotional, physical, sexual, etc, etc........
So more money means less abuse???? WTF So you're saying paying people more stops abuse??
"unskilled staff members who thrive on the opportunity to bully ans exert a bit of authority" my god! How do they get the job in the 1st place?

Members online

Latest posts

Back