BBC SPORTSOUND

We need a strong media whether in politics or sport to hold relevant authorities to account. So after all the latest SFA goings on Sportsound was live from my hometown of Dundee tonight in which such hard hitting questions included 9 year olds asking Kenny Miller how many goals he's scored or what kind of food footballers eat. What is the point of these dumbed down debates being broadcasted live totally sick of it.

We need a strong media whether in politics or sport to hold relevant authorities to account. So after all the latest sfa goings on sportsound was live from my hometown of dundee tonight in which such hard hitting questions included 9 year olds asking kenny Miller how many goals he's scored or what kind of food footballers eat. What is the point of these dumbed down debates being broadcasted live totally sick of it.

The point is to try and brainwash the footballing public into thinking that everything is fine as dandy

And when you hear Aberdeen FC Chairman coming out and saying there is no appetite to rake over old coals it appears that BBC and SMSM aren't the only ones trying to create smoke screens

HH?

The point is to try and brainwash the footballing public into thinking that everything is fine as dandy

And when you hear Aberdeen FC Chairman coming out and saying there is no appetite to rake over old coals it appears that BBC and SMSM aren't the only ones trying to create smoke screens

HH?
Couldn't agree more yet this is our license fee money ffs it seemed so scripted we're supposed to believe that one guy who will undoubtedly be aware that his view would normally never reach such a big audience if any would think I'll ask who the panel think is the bigger club dundee or utd. And they spent 20 mins discussing it ?

Sometimes feels like our media has become like the old Soviet regime media. Watched a John Pilger documentary on the failure of media since 2nd Iraq war especially. And for some odd reason he has been effectively blackballed from MSM since he criticised the Gulf war agenda.

But our football media has been Jabba de Goebels style propaganda as long as I can remember it. Maybe Soviet stole the system from UK? And I was just an idiot to think we lived in free and open society with independent media and information from good sources.

Last edited:
Sometimes feels like our media has become like the old Soviet regime media. Washed a John Pilger documentary on the failure of media since 2nd Iraq war especially. And for some odd reason he has been effectively blackballed from MSM since he criticised the Gulf war agenda.

But our football media has been Jabba de Goebels style propaganda as long as I can remember it. Maybe Soviet stole the system from UK? And I was just an idiot to think we lived in free and open society with independent media and information from good sources.
Sometimes? I'd say it's the rule rather than the exception

HH?

The BBC is so much in support of Sevco that balanced coverage is not possible. We do have some supporters who can take a different line but it is limited and controlled. On sportsound Michael Stewart is excellent and even Steven Thompson is not the worst but the editorial bias is obvious and the editing is different between celtic and sevco.

I have boycotted the BBC since the Independence referendum. The lies they told and the negative language used, divorce, break up etc was a disgrace.
I was told Kirsty Wark interviewed the Russian reporter who interviewed the Novichok suspects. She apparently asked the Russian, Are you not just a mouthpiece for the state broadcaster?. What a cheeky hypocrite bastard given that during the Indy ref Kirsty Wark was a mouthpiece for the state broadcaster.
Hail Hail fae People's Republic of Dundee

BBC in my opinion are biased in many things - from our beloved football through politics and religion. I am not for one second suggesting that things did not happen in certain church groups or political parties - however the reporting is so one sided, it just fringes on the absurd. So it has clearly spread through football reporting and coverage. TRIFC or whatever they are called this week, to the best of my knowledge, still ban BBC reporters from their premises. So what do the BBC do in return - they bend over backwards to try to keep in line with support from that club.

The strange thing is the support from TRIFC hate them almost as much as we do !!

As for the so called experts that work for the BBC as analysts - I do agree that Michael Stewart is ok, and Stephen Thomson is certainly not the worst, but there are a hard core that have an influence on programs - especially radio.

In relation to Church atrocities, which lets face it, is what they were, the BBC and STV show them. If you watch CNN in relation to the horrors in America they are far more brutal. Nobody can have any complaints about how the Catholic Church has been covered. Winning himself was very vocal about the problem of homosexuality until he was caught.

The truth is, if it wasn’t a religious organisation it would have been disbanded years ago. It has brought nothing but shame and embarrassment to Catholics the world over and reporting that needs to be done. They love doing it perhaps, but, if they Church didn’t stink to high heaven they couldn’t do it.

I was brought up a Catholic, but have been an atheist since my teens and it still affects me how much of disgrace the whole hierarchy are. So on that score I think they get less of a going over than they fully deserve.

TV - Agreed, the coverage here in the States is brutal, interestingly there was a suggestion that an investigation should be launched into other religions but was greeted with less enthusiasm

Sometimes feels like our media has become like the old Soviet regime media. Washed a John Pilger documentary on the failure of media since 2nd Iraq war especially. And for some odd reason he has been effectively blackballed from MSM since he criticised the Gulf war agenda.

TET -Love to read John Pilger's view on the corruption in Scottish fitba. Bigger fish to fry at the moment, maybe one day. Fantastic journalist, absolutely fearless. Robert Fisk is another who would do the story justice!

TV - Agreed, the coverage here in the States is brutal, interestingly there was a suggestion that an investigation should be launched into other religions but was greeted with less enthusiasm

Who made that suggestion? Isn’t it survivors who come forward? Do you think the Church mentioned it? Me neither. There have been other religious groups who have been exposed, they are just not in the same league. Systematic abuse and worse concerted and repeated cover ups.

My view is Church groups should be treated the same as secular organisations and closed down. People who believe can do so in their own mind where I believe it all resides anyway.

By saying others do it, looks and sounds like deflection to me. Especially that utter cunt Donahue in the US. He is an evil little shit and an embarrassment to every catholic wether we still believe or not. They are still my tribe and it makes me fucking sick what has been done and how they covered it all up, right up to Popes. God’s representative my arse. The latest comment from Francis invoking the Devil was the final straw. They all need to go.

TET -Love to read John Pilger's view on the corruption in Scottish fitba. Bigger fish to fry at the moment, maybe one day. Fantastic journalist, absolutely fearless. Robert Fisk is another who would do the story justice!

What ye say about Robert Fisk is spot on. I have his book The Great War for Civilisation. I would recommend it to everyone.
I bought it because of a negative review in the The Sunday Times. My thinking being that if a Murdoch employee was bad mouthing it, it must be saying something sensible and be well referenced.
Hail Hail fae PRD

Who made that suggestion? Isn’t it survivors who come forward? Do you think the Church mentioned it? Me neither. There have been other religious groups who have been exposed, they are just not in the same league. Systematic abuse and worse concerted and repeated cover ups.

My view is Church groups should be treated the same as secular organisations and closed down. People who believe can do so in their own mind where I believe it all resides anyway.

By saying others do it, looks and sounds like deflection to me. Especially that utter cunt Donahue in the US. He is an evil little shit and an embarrassment to every catholic wether we still believe or not. They are still my tribe and it makes me fucking sick what has been done and how they covered it all up, right up to Popes. God’s representative my arse. The latest comment from Francis invoking the Devil was the final straw. They all need to go.

As long as there have been human beings there has been, and always will be, belief systems of some sort.

I don't despise faith itself, I despise the fact that those who are in charge are human and, therefore, fallible but fail to acknowledge it due, usually, to the power attained over others.

Trying to force a belief down a non-believer's throat only antagonises those they are preaching to. Most people come to terms with the fact that they are human, make mistakes and try to learn from them.

I'll be making mistakes til my dying breath!

Religion and State are a corrupt mix.

Separating them is easy in theory, not practice ... two organisations which are as corrupt as Dave King!

(Had to get Sevco corruption in somehow!)

Reactions: rpw

As a catholic there are certain elements of my religion that i dont agree with and i will not defend anyone who abuses trust in the most sickening and disgusting way imaginable,although i feel the need for theological debates and religious ideals is better served on another platform. This is a football forum and the original post was to criticise the coverage of bbc sportsound. I accept someone else brought up religion in the sense of biased reporting but the fact you are using that to criticise Catholicism which goes far beyond sporting debate and can only encourage an agressive slanging match. Anyway back to sportsound what sevco all stars were on tonight ?

As a catholic there are certain elements of my religion that i dont agree with and i will not defend anyone who abuses trust in the most sickening and disgusting way imaginable,although i feel the need for theological debates and religious ideals is better served on another platform. This is a football forum and the original post was to criticise the coverage of bbc sportsound. I accept someone else brought up religion in the sense of biased reporting but the fact you are using that to criticise Catholicism which goes far beyond sporting debate and can only encourage an agressive slanging match. Anyway back to sportsound what sevco all stars were on tonight ?

?

Forgot about Sportsound!

Michael Stewart is the only pundit worth listening to. It's a shambolic programme that deserves the derision it received.

Why people listen to it when they know they are as pro-Sevco as the SFA is beyond me.

Tune in and get what you expect, then complain that you were right ?

I remember i used to love the saturday programmes where they would all get stuck into each other and properly debate things unlike clyde ssb where they are all best pals and just harass the eejit callers. I dont know maybe the crazy person in me thinks one day they'll realise that we are all licence fee payers and its not just the tax avoiders radio station ?

To true,full of Huns,on good wages, pensions ,a gravy train,that needs stopped,anti independence,to hope if ever Scotland is ruled by itself that 3/4 of them get the bullet,shower of coward's.
True Timbhoy the anti Indy bias of the BBC shows it is up to its kneck in Unionist/Sevco propaganda, old boys what school did you go to network. Just check their reply to allegations of bias online.

Members online

Latest posts

Back