Being Coached By Eddie Howe: My Short Experience Under The Man Linked With Celtic Post

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member

Being Coached By Eddie Howe: My Short Experience Under The Man Linked With Celtic Post...​

Cracking article. Really good insight. I share the European concerns but I'd love to see him in post.

Being Coached By Eddie Howe: My Short Experience Under The Man Linked With Celtic Post...​

Another great article WC and was undecided about Eddie Howe as manager myself, until he appeared on MNF on sky sports and done an interview with Jamie carrigar.
In that he explained about a set play goal Bournemouth scored at Newcastle, as he was explaining the goal you just new he was a manager who took interest in detail within the game.
He also came across very well and I do believe he would appeal to most of our support.
Also with Brexit and the uncertainty it may bring, having a manager who can develop younger players and more so not from abroad and with a knowledge of the lower leagues in England gives us a better opportunity of finding more gems.
I for one would be delighted with such an appointment, if we can make it happen

A wonderfully written article and it reinforces my belief that he would has the potential to be a wonderful manager for us - of course there are never any guarantees in football and it could end up being awful. As Liam says he would have to be more pragmatic in Europe but hopefully he can learn from his one bad season as a coach.

Eddie Howe, is absolutely my top pick and has been for some time (yes Lennon still has the job).
For me his record speaks for its self, 50% win record in the EPL with Bournemouth speaks for its self (lost 33%). Bournemouth in the EPL is like us in the Champions League - punching above our weight.

He was with Bournemouth when they got relegated but this was always going to happen, like Hamilton they’ll go down at some point. Bournemouth didn’t sack him but wanted to tie him down but he choose to leave. Best English manager around if he was Spanish we wouldn’t be getting a sniff.

Yes every manager is a risk, Rodgers was a risk but it turned out ok.

Great article.

Eddie Howe is very highly-rated. It's not the Brendan Rodgers comparison that worries me, although it's relevant; it's the Tony Mowbray similarity: achieved good things with a small club, dogmatic approach to attractive play, nice guy. The small-minded Scottish football apparatus might make mincemeat of him.

Great article.

Eddie Howe is very highly-rated. It's not the Brendan Rodgers comparison that worries me, although it's relevant; it's the Tony Mowbray similarity: achieved good things with a small club, dogmatic approach to attractive play, nice guy. The small-minded Scottish football apparatus might make mincemeat of him.
All good points similar to my own doubts. Hes a south coast fella, lived and worked all his career down there. 1 stint at Burnley seen him scurry back down. If he couldn't handle Burnley what would he make of Glasgow? 😮

Very experienced manager even before becoming manager at Bournemout,lots of talk of him being a future England manager, only brought in players who would fit into his team and just as quick to get them moved on,don’t know if the rumours are true but also know that Lenny can bounce back,case of wait and see

If he goes to Newcastle he’ll do well if he comes to Us he’ll do great.
Great man manager great coach.
all the things we need. So we won’t get him.
well end up with Pedro Fucksakia. As always.

HH 🍀

We're too slow. He'll go to Newcastle.
Lawwell has dawdled about for so long now. He gets paid huge bucks to make difficult decisions but shirks them. If you decide to go with Lennon for some of the highest pressure seasons in our history then give him the correct tools to give us the best chance of succeeding - that means a trusted support staff that can provide him with the support necessary to deal with the management of our club, and not one of your chums who clearly does not work well with him!

I think we finally backed him with transfer dealings - I know there has been a lot of criticisms of our transfers but the quality of player was superior to anything else in our league (although always brought in too late for our European campaigns) and we should have continued to dominate if they had been coached and managed properly.

Our CEO should always be prepared for brining in a new management team to cover issues such as them quitting/being poached, illness (we are living through a global pandemic and Lennon has suffered health concerns in the past), accidents (sadly we had an example with Big Jock in the mid-70s), etc, etc. Now he would hope that he never needs to ever call upon this contingency plan, but he should still keep on top of it and assess what is available and willing to come at all times.

I've long been an advocate of Howe but he will probably end up at the disaster that is Newcastle, do OK there despite the gross mismanagement and then end up sacked in a year or two like the rest of the patsies that take on that poisoned job.

Lawwell should be doing there utmost to get someone of his calibre in asap to sort things out NOW so we hit the ground running in 2021/22 for our European qualifications and domestic campaign.

Ditch at least 2 or 3 of the highly paid failing players and spend it on a decent coach instead who will develop and improve cheaper players and our youth team graduates and have a conveyor belt of talent ready to step in when we undoubtedly sell our best players for big money - as this is clearly our business model then surely employ a manager with this skillset who can do this while at the same time delivering success on the pitch. Sod it - even just employ a competent coach who can teach the basics such as defending/attacking set pieces properly, who actually gets the best out of the players available and can set them up with some sort of structure and purpose!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back