Bernard Higgins - Yes or No?

Can't help but think things stand to get very ugly especially after the police actions yesterday, and still no word from the board? An awful lot to answer to on these current issues and staying silent is a very poor option to be taken as thing's stand imo

I understand the upset on this. But when I view what is more important to me, supporting my team takes precedence. If supporters want to complain about business management decisions keep it away from the team.
Yesterdays sit in was an appropriate gesture, not impacting on the team.
Just my opinion.
HH
Upset is an understatement. In the words of the great Jock Stein “Without fans football is nothing”

this attack and harassment yesterday was on every one of us Celtic fans.
By all means we need to be careful and not let this adversely affect our game but we need to stand up for what is right and remember where and how Celtic were established and for me always goes back to Brother Walfrid and I’m sure he wouldn’t have approved of that disgusting behaviour yesterday by the police harassing the people trying to do good work to feed those who are struggling financially.

This Is our club, our team, not the Board’s and if they are doing wrong then we must stand up to them. Hail Hail.💚

I understand the upset on this. But when I view what is more important to me, supporting my team takes precedence. If supporters want to complain about business management decisions keep it away from the team.
Just my opinion.
HH
That would be my biggest concern also Lmcbhoy, that this whole situation could get out of control.
No doubt that feelings are possibly running that bit higher with the actions of the police yesterday.
Even more so when the board wants to remain quiet on issues that the majority of the support feels strongly about.
I stated a while back that this could be a trap set by the Board for many of the support to fall into.
The main priority for the support is winning back our league title, I'm not convinced this is what the current board are all about especially on the current issues and they still want to remain silent?
Something is stinking very badly imo

Upset is an understatement. In the words of the great Jock Stein “Without fans football is nothing”

this attack and harassment yesterday was on every one of us Celtic fans.
By all means we need to be careful and not let this adversely affect our game but we need to stand up for what is right and remember where and how Celtic were established and for me always goes back to Brother Walfrid and I’m sure he wouldn’t have approved of that disgusting behaviour yesterday by the police harassing the people trying to do good work to feed those who are struggling financially.

This Is our club, our team, not the Board’s and if they are doing wrong then we must stand up to them. Hail Hail.💚
Don’t disagree. Just don’t want the team impacted. Livingstone might, repeat might, have ended differently if we had 90 minute support.
HH

Don’t disagree. Just don’t want the team impacted. Livingstone might, repeat might, have ended differently if we had 90 minute support.
HH
I agree I thought that tennis ball shenanigans was woeful and impacted on the game starting and Ange said as much after the game can’t remember which game tbh but he agrees that we have a right to protest but not to interfere with our game on the football pitch.

I agree I thought that tennis ball shenanigans was woeful and impacted on the game starting and Ange said as much after the game can’t remember which game tbh but he agrees that we have a right to protest but not to interfere with our game on the football pitch.
And there remains the huge problem Rose, as how can you protest without it having an effect upon the team?
Support for the team would always be my main priority, than a protest against the board nowadays, not so sure I would have said that years ago

Just my opinion.
HH
Thats were I fall aswell all cops are bastards if u ever get lifted.....I don't think he's gonny be targeting our more vocal fans just can't see it and I agree protesting his maybe appointment is not that important the now don't think this is the correct fight to be having with the board tbh as I said just my opinion HH

“He’s not gonna target our more vocal fans” well what was that about yesterday. a food bank collection that has had vans parked in the same spot for the last four years and they were all given £60 fines this year of all years. meanwhile the sevco fans were allowed to rampage through George square to the cost to the tax payer of over £90,000 of damages.

so what upset the police so much about the Food bank collection do you think?
When is the right time then? Wait till he is not a maybe and a definite yes? I agree on one point and that is we are all entitled to our opinion and mine is this is very much the right time to show our disgust at yesterday and the disgraceful possible appointment of BH imo.

“He’s not gonna target our more vocal fans” well what was that about yesterday. a food bank collection that has had vans parked in the same spot for the last four years and they were all given £60 fines this year of all years. meanwhile the sevco fans were allowed to rampage through George square to the cost to the tax payer of over £90,000 of damages.

so what upset the police so much about the Food bank collection do you think?
When is the right time then? Wait till he is not a maybe and a definite yes? I agree on one point and that is we are all entitled to our opinion and mine is this is very much the right time to show our disgust at yesterday and the disgraceful possible appointment of BH imo.
Yesterday was over zealous hun wardens and polis it wasn't a targeted operation

Personally I would stand by any of my fellow supporters who have been wronged by actions of over zealous policing...if they want to stage a pitch invasion, superglue their faces to the pitch, throw tennis balls...I'm all for it...we are supposed to be a family and families stick together

Personally I would stand by any of my fellow supporters who have been wronged by actions of over zealous policing...if they want to stage a pitch invasion, superglue their faces to the pitch, throw tennis balls...I'm all for it...we are supposed to be a family and families stick together
True but surely it's a 2 way street?? Fans like me who think this issue is being made into bigger than it actually is......as I've said before all cops are bastards when ur targeted and aye people wid have been wrongly swept up in the hysteria that was stoked up back then by the politician's....
.it was out of order if u were lifted for nothing but i feel people are using this prick as an excuse to fight the board out of frustration on how how clubs run and by who......it's no really about the screw it's about fighting the club that's what it looks like from the outside....I wid never go against our fans btw even though I might not agree on here Is one thing but in public it must be a united front no matter wit HH

Sundays sit in protest could have been better organized after there statement on thursday i would have expected all groups named to have showed there support by doing a sit in

yet all we got was the GB group making a stand so the protest kinda fell on it's arse at the first hurdle

Disnae show unity ,showed weakness

if any of the big lassie in the team can't take the support protesting for what they feel is right

then sorry they're PAID employees nothing more it shouldn't effect them at all and if it does then there in the wrong job

we heard all the type of pish during the last boards reign

THe clubs cleaning house so when the dumbest fkn landlord in the world flogs it on there will be nothing in the way of fkn things up

Sundays sit in protest could have been better organized after there statement on thursday i would have expected all groups named to have showed there support by doing a sit in

yet all we got was the GB group making a stand so the protest kinda fell on it's arse at the first hurdle

Disnae show unity ,showed weakness

if any of the big lassie in the team can't take the support protesting for what they feel is right

then sorry they're PAID employees nothing more it shouldn't effect them at all and if it does then there in the wrong job

we heard all the type of pish during the last boards reign

THe clubs cleaning house so when the dumbest fkn landlord in the world flogs it on there will be nothing in the way of fkn things up
After the open letter from everybody to that did not look good

That would be my biggest concern also Lmcbhoy, that this whole situation could get out of control.
No doubt that feelings are possibly running that bit higher with the actions of the police yesterday.
Even more so when the board wants to remain quiet on issues that the majority of the support feels strongly about.
I stated a while back that this could be a trap set by the Board for many of the support to fall into.
The main priority for the support is winning back our league title, I'm not convinced this is what the current board are all about especially on the current issues and they still want to remain silent?
Something is stinking very badly imo

I think you could be right on the money here ma man.....if things go pear shaped the Green Brigade are going to be painted as the villains'.....they really have to box clever here.....our custodians have form dealing in the dark arts as most of us know...

First of all, I owe you an apology - I totally got the wrong end of solicitation. I thought you meant I was "prostituting" myself for responses in a biblical manner. Apologies, my bad, and your definition was 100% correct!

Look, I take your point on respect for Bertie Auld (which I certainly do). But people respond to the passing of people in different ways. I didn't waken up that day, check on the forum, read through and not leave any likes or put on a comment deliberately, I just reflected on the contents, that was my solace. I respect your take but disagree that I must leave a comment behind. I hope you might accept my view while not agreeing.

In regard to Bernard Higgins I'm aware of the Act that he supported and aware that it was (quite rightly) repealed. I wasn't aware of his personal take, but take your view that I should do my own research on the matter. However, I didn't think it was wrong to ask if anyone had a link to his views, particularly his personal view rather than his professional view, that's all it was. It would then make me form a view. I did reflect that maybe you thought that I was trying to set someone up to make a libellous comment. I hope you take my take when I say this was not my intention. On looking at all the issues on BH, on balance he's a bit toxic and I took the view that he would be better away from Parkhead.

The tough one to me is "purporting" to be of the Celtic "persuasion" I hope you might reflect on that and say that that was a bit extreme! I very rarely go to Celtic games, my last one was July 2017 for a CL qualifier. I only know this through a picture of me and my daughter at the game which has the date on it. This is a very long shot, but the next game I go to (which could be a while), I send you a personal message, we meet up I buy you a beer and I bet we shake hands?

We apparently see certain topics differently. So best to move on there.

I am however pleased to hear your daughter has been to Celtic Park with you. I hope she enjoyed her day and has been back since. It must have been an emotional experience for you both and quite nostalgic too.

How about sharing the picture of you and your daughter at Celtic Park on here, as I’m sure folk would like to see it? I certainly would.

Two generations together at Paradise. What’s not to like…..until next time…

We apparently see certain topics differently. So best to move on there.

I am however pleased to hear your daughter has been to Celtic Park with you. I hope she enjoyed her day and has been back since. It must have been an emotional experience for you both and quite nostalgic too.

How about sharing the picture of you and your daughter at Celtic Park on here, as I’m sure folk would like to see it? I certainly would.

Two generations together at Paradise. What’s not to like…..until next time…
aye why not ask him for a stool n urine sample ,some hair for dna extraction and a copy of the beano

Members online

Latest posts

Back