Bernard Higgins - Yes or No?

Now wit happens if they still appoint the cunt?? Are we talking boycotts??
My concern, like many, is you can't trust this board whatsoever.
Still hold them all responceable for the shitshow of last season, and think this could be another tactic by them into saving sevco scum (SS).
We might need to be careful about falling into a well made trap for us all still.

Would stand with the majority of the support and say NO.
Still believe that there are far more important issues within the club than this one imo
Naw there isn't john

This appointments to clean house and to do the boards dirty work and it wil have far wider implications for the support,to stand and do nothing is absolute madness

The club are about to clean house and have decided to put a guy in charge who hounded the support ,cost lads there jobs and put surveillance on supporters

I'd say there's no bigger issue than this

and from what i heard the board and the absentee landlord are more than happy to go along with it

Naw there isn't john

This appointments to clean house and to do the boards dirty work and it wil have far wider implications for the support,to stand and do nothing is absolute madness

The club are about to clean house and have decided to put a guy in charge who hounded the support ,cost lads there jobs and put surveillance on supporters

and from what i heard the board and the absentee landlord are more than happy to go along with it
☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️
Spot on
Their view is to appoint the prick and he’ll be tasked with cleaning out the dissenting voices in the GB

Last edited:
Over the years, we've bought a few players who have an association with that mob.

One thing I've found, is that as long as they apply themselves properly, then we (the fans) have no issue with their former affiliations.

I'm not sure if this could ever be the case with appointing someone who was responsible for seriously affecting the lives, job prospects and relationships of much more than just a handful of Celtic fans.

After the appointment of Higgins - how long will it be before influential and vocal dissenters amongst the Celtic fan base find themselves being issued with lifetime bans for some trumped up reason?

The board have made their feelings known regarding certain groups, would it stretch reason to believe that they wouldn't have a desire to extinguish these protesters before perhaps these separate groups put some of their differences behind them and form a collective which could genuinely affect change?

Head of security? You'd be as well as calling him a hit man as his principal role will be to silence the more vocal elements of our support.

In saying that - sometimes you need something really, really awful to happen to actually force folk to unite together. That's why I believe that the GB would become reinforced and stronger once Higgins is appointed and starts his cull.

The night gets darkest before dawn.

Naw there isn't john

Not disagreeing on the issue kelly, but the revolt within the club could be potentially massive.
Is this what we really want to potentially happen within the club at this time?
Need to be very smart about how the support reacts to this potential appointment, but until it actually should happen, I'm not going to worry about it as still not actually anything to worry about yet.
The GB have got many supporters clubs onside and great credit to them for doing things in the right manner, and hope now comman sence prevails and its an end of the matter.

Anybody seen the new Xmas advert? Have a look, this is what you are, customers. This all the board want from you, your money, not your opinions, just pony up and shut up, while we hire someone who will protect US not you. Thats why he's getting the job btw.

Anybody seen the new Xmas advert? Have a look, this is what you are, customers. This all the board want from you, your money, not your opinions, just pony up and shut up, while we hire someone who will protect US not you. Thats why he's getting the job btw.
The last few years, we've had these lavish Christmas productions.

Entertaining enough, but you're bang on, Brim. They haven't spent significant dough just to entertain us - they've spent significant dough to make us spend even more significant dough to line their pockets.

Interesting that they should choose to speculate to accumulate with TV ads, but that that philosophy doesn't appear to be a valid priority with the actual football team.

I also agree, Brim. Higgins will be given a substantial budget to beef up security. I'm pretty sure that it will be used to employ bodyguards for our board, rather than protecting the health, safety and wellbeing of our fans.

Not disagreeing on the issue kelly, but the revolt within the club could be potentially massive.
Is this what we really want to potentially happen within the club at this time?
Need to be very smart about how the support reacts to this potential appointment, but until it actually should happen, I'm not going to worry about it as still not actually anything to worry about yet.
The GB have got many supporters clubs onside and great credit to them for doing things in the right manner, and hope now comman sence prevails and its an end of the matter.
The board don't have a problem at this time ?

so why should the support , because once they have finished clearing the GB out they will go after others , by accounts the club increased surveillance in the GB section ,,,,,,,,why ?

as anyone will testify how many times have you walkeed up to the stadium either home or away and saw fans huckled for no reason other than maybe a daft quip or a shout out to there mates or worse askin there mate for there ticket who was gettin huckled

The club don't care

that's why there is a waiting list they could clear the standing section tomorrow and install some nice quite customers to take there place

said the other night what i heard wasn't a rumour

so why should the support , because once they have finished clearing the GB out they will go after others , by accounts the club increased surveillance in the GB section ,,,,,,,,why ?

as anyone will testify how many times have you walkeed up to the stadium either home or away and saw fans huckled for no reason other than maybe a daft quip or a shout out to there mates or worse askin there mate for there ticket who was gettin huckled

The club don't care

that's why there is a waiting list they could clear the standing section tomorrow and install some nice quite customers to take there place

This is an ongoing war between the GB and the board, and I know which side of the fence I'll be standing on regarding this issue.
Never any winners within a war, and the club still remains bigger than the two factions that are currently engaged in this dispute.
I hope common sense wins out, but money gives you power and if this turns into a board wanting to show there power then all is not going to end well imo

The club don't care

When Juventus built their new stadium, there was a bit of a backlash due to it only having a capacity of 40, 000.

The counter-argument was that supply and demand created a higher price-point that fans were prepared to pay. Subscriptions to Juventus media channels went through the roof as a consequence.

Bottom line for the accountants - Juventus made more money at the gate with 40,000 at the new stadium, than they did with 70,000 at the Delle Alpi and then add that to the big money incoming from the media subscriptions also - Juventus were generating far more income from having a 40,000 capacity than they would from having a two-thirds full 60/70,000 capacity.

The biggest benefit to the club though - was that now they could be selective about who watched the club. Troublemakers and rabblerousers need not apply.

When Juventus built their new stadium, there was a bit of a backlash due to it only having a capacity of 40, 000.

The counter-argument was that supply and demand created a higher price-point that fans were prepared to pay. Subscriptions to Juventus media channels went through the roof as a consequence.

Bottom line for the accountants - Juventus made more money at the gate with 40,000 at the new stadium, than they did with 70,000 at the Delle Alpi and then add that to the big money incoming from the media subscriptions also - Juventus were generating far more income from having a 40,000 capacity than they would from having a two-thirds full 60/70,000 capacity.

The biggest benefit to the club though - was that now they could be selective about who watched the club. Troublemakers and rabblerousers need not apply.
Again, spot on SP. Many clubs will be looking at that example now. I think back to when Ronnie was in charge of us though and we closed the upper tier on many occasions through lack of demand. That, and losing in the cup (on pens) to the tribute act forced DD's hand and led to the appointment of Rodgers. Still, it makes you wonder if the accountants have got a spreadsheet somewhere to see exactly how much they could squeeze out of the fanbase.

Members online

No members online now.

Back