Bernard Higgins - Yes or No?

This is an ongoing war between the GB and the board, and I know which side of the fence I'll be standing on regarding this issue.
Never any winners within a war, and the club still remains bigger than the two factions that are currently engaged in this dispute.
I hope common sense wins out, but money gives you power and if this turns into a board wanting to show there power then all is not going to end well imo
Where do the board get their money John? The fans. Its a bit like falling out with the Mrs, ahem, if ye know what I mean.

100% no.
The fact he is even considered highlights where the main issue at the club lies.
A board who are contemptuous of the club's fanbase. A board who see us as a cash cow for them.
A board who think they are doing a good job when in reality we are becoming more of an irrelevance with each passing season.

☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️
Spot on
Appoint the prick and he’ll clean out the dissenting voices in the GB
Another irony there too, Stg. I'm sure we're all probably aware that there will be a few bad actors within the GB who probably do need weeding out.

I don't know any of them personally, but it's symptomatic of the human condition. You can't have a group that number in the thousands and not have at least a small percentage who are absolute arseholes.

Personally, I apply a basic principle to people that I meet. I accept that for every 10 random people that I encounter - there will be 2 to 3 that I will genuinely like, 3 to 4 that I will be indifferent to and that leaves the rest who I will probably dislike, distrust, or can't be arsed with.

Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised, but often I'm left disappointed.

There's still a tiny part of me that wants the Higgins appointment to be ratified, as there's a much bigger part of me that thinks that this appointment might be the actual catalyst for bringing the vast majority of Celtic fans together and creating a common purpose.

Short-term pain for long-term gain.

Where do the board get their money John? The fans. Its a bit like falling out with the Mrs, ahem, if ye know what I mean.
The board only take from the club and line there own pockets and have done for many years now, so money wouldn't bother them as such, as they can get off the cash cow when ever it suits them, and we as supporters keep that cash cow riding nicely for them still.
To stop that cash cow, we the supporters suffer more so and can bring the club to its knees, that's the power the board will always have over us as they got the money in there pockets.
Celtic was never formed on a cash making mechine but it is especially ran that way today, such is modern football.
I have been very critical of the GB in the past at times, but would stand alongside them upon this matter, and if the board wishes not to use common sense as the simple solution to this dispute, then they better be prepared to leave town as there own egos will never match the passion and desire that these few arseholes are prepared to put at stake, by making yet another very wrong decision.
Celtic is ours not just there's

Another irony there too, Stg. I'm sure we're all probably aware that there will be a few bad actors within the GB who probably do need weeding out.

I don't know any of them personally, but it's symptomatic of the human condition. You can't have a group that number in the thousands and not have at least a small percentage who are absolute arseholes.

Personally, I apply a basic principle to people that I meet. I accept that for every 10 random people that I encounter - there will be 2 to 3 that I will genuinely like, 3 to 4 that I will be indifferent to and that leaves the rest who I will probably dislike, distrust, or can't be arsed with.

Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised, but often I'm left disappointed.

There's still a tiny part of me that wants the Higgins appointment to be ratified, as there's a much bigger part of me that thinks that this appointment might be the actual catalyst for bringing the vast majority of Celtic fans together and creating a common purpose.

Short-term pain for long-term gain.
Long way round to explaining your a scab 😬

Back