Bernie Ecclestone

The drivers now though have so many driving aids
Jim Clark IMO was the best racing driver in history..no question ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘
You cant really compare drivers of different eras because the machinery is so massively different. But Clark was uniquely talented, his career statistics are incredible, he hardly ever finished second, basically if his lotus didn't have an issue he won and sometimes he won by ridiculous margins! Spa 63 in the wet almost 5 minutes ahead of second place!!
And it wasn't just F1, any car he ever drove in any formula he was just quicker than anyone else.
The strange thing about him was he didn't really understand the mechanics of how a car worked (which is usually crucial if you want to make one go quickly) it was just natural ability, he made cars fly without really understanding what the car was doing.
I went to his grave last year, I'd been meaning to go for years, really special place. "Jim Clark - Farmer"
Then under that on his headstone the less important driving achievements. ๐Ÿ˜บ

They do have too many aids but so many that they are almost a hindrance. The drivers themselves are the first to admit that ( too many gadgets , KERS, DRS , MIX 3 etc Clark was an incredible driver, the only driver to be world champion on 4 and 2 wheels. The sports changed so much since those days, we have our own jacky Stewart to thank for the safety side of it now. His 3 WC's , so many drivers died in that time. It's a testament to the strength of these machines when you see mark webber a few a seasons back travelling about 100 metres upside down through the air and walk away without a scratch.
It was John Surtees that was the only motorbike and F1 world champion, lovely man an absolute gentleman sadly died a couple of years ago. Yeah Jackie transformed things, the fatalities in the 60s and early 70s were horrific before Jackie got involved.

It was John Surtees that was the only motorbike and F1 world champion, lovely man an absolute gentleman sadly died a couple of years ago. Yeah Jackie transformed things, the fatalities in the 60s and early 70s were horrific before Jackie got involved.
I sit corrected ( canny be bothered to stand) ๐Ÿ˜›

F1 like all the other sports has been badly affected by this virus. Obviously the 9 iar takes precedent over all, but I have been waiting on and hoping for Hamilton to break those last records of Schumacher. Hamilton is no spring chicken now and the talent hes faced with is, I believe much tougher than Schumacher. Hes also won with different teams. Its tragic this f*#n virus especially when you think of all the hours of training those Olympians have put in for the Japanese games. A once in 4 years opportunity gone.

You cant really compare drivers of different eras because the machinery is so massively different. But Clark was uniquely talented, his career statistics are incredible, he hardly ever finished second, basically if his lotus didn't have an issue he won and sometimes he won by ridiculous margins! Spa 63 in the wet almost 5 minutes ahead of second place!!
And it wasn't just F1, any car he ever drove in any formula he was just quicker than anyone else.
The strange thing about him was he didn't really understand the mechanics of how a car worked (which is usually crucial if you want to make one go quickly) it was just natural ability, he made cars fly without really understanding what the car was doing.
I went to his grave last year, I'd been meaning to go for years, really special place. "Jim Clark - Farmer"
Then under that on his headstone the less important driving achievements. ๐Ÿ˜บ
Canny beat SKID SOLO

Wee cunt just gets on my tits, he's an actor, a model, a fashion designer, a rapper, an automotive designer, a boxer, a karate expert, an engineering genius!
No you're a wank and your cars faster than everyone elses!
Hoopy I'll be honest mt , your post sounds like you're sitting on the fence? Why don't you just say what you mean? ๐Ÿ˜›
Know why I think people don't like Hamilton? And before we go 'no offence as I'm not saying this is you, maybe it is , maybe you hate him for other reasons ' & fair enough. The reason(s) I think hes hated by a lot , in no particular order are, 1) the obvious, hes black ( doesnt mean anything on this forum I'm proud to say ) but does elsewhere, weve seen him booed in Austria and Germany. 2) Hes brilliant , on his day unstoppable, people think the Mercedes is faster than the ferrari , not true for the last 2 seasons Ferrari's been fastest even still , at some circuits the red bulls have been faster. The difference in speed for Ferrari and red bull , when its been there has only occasionally been realized. Vettel and le clerc made so many errors coupled with team errors they ruled themselves out of contention for 2 seasons now theyve had the faster car and not delivered . Red bull was different as their car was only faster at twisty , winding tracks with small straights that allowed them to use the aerodynamics for down force, they were dominant ant in situations like that and Mexico, Mercedes were no where, except Hungary Hamilton drove an outstanding race to win. 3.) Not only is he brilliant, he doesn't have to train as much as the rest and doesnt, his contract allows him to do as he pleases in life as long as hes delivering for Mercedes. 4) hes doing just that, hes living a celebrity lifestyle of luxury , parties whenever he wants , true jet-setter and 5) then he turns up on Thursdays or so , gets in the car and hes on it right away and drivers don't like it that hes allowed to follow his celebrity dreams and anything else including partying when others have to train in the simulator for hours daily. Mercedes recognised it long ago to let him be himself with limits as this would bring out the best in his abilities race weekend , happy Lewis = Mercedes win more often than not
So methinks its jealousy of the boy , because hes got it all. Money, fame, positive winning celebrity persona, fashion labels everything. I dont grudge him it ive followed him m as a child in carting to when he should've won it his first year but for running wide in china. He comes across as a humble but jokey person, not the confrontational type . For all these reasons I do think its jealousy with Lewis (methinks n at etc n aw at n at no? )

Members online

Latest posts

Back