BERTIE AULD RIP

Could never get fed up listening to the guy,a true legend of the club ,all the best Bertie.
For Celtic supporters of a certain age wee bertie is the perfect embodiment of the Lisbon lions, a working class man with a heart of gold and a true gent with a smile that could light up a room. A fantastic sense of humour, a great player and a supporter as well. All the best wee man our hopes and prayers are with you, HH.

Sad news for an absolute gentleman. a true Legend. Great stories of his Love for Celtic always picture him singing For it’s a Grand old team to play for for its a grand auld team to see when he filmed by Geof Stelling about the Lions
Thoughts and Ptayers for Bertie and his Family.
HH BA

HH 🍀

Bertie started singing "The Celtic Song" in the tunnel in Lisbon in 1967. That alone would have made him a Celtic legend. But everything else that Bertie did that came afterward cemented his status as a true Celtic hero -- a man who was faithful through and through. I am crushed by this news -- if anything, Bertie Auld personifies everything good about Celtic, and my thoughts and prayers -- thought I'm not much of a praying man -- are with him and his family.

I’m so sorry to read this news. Met Bertie many times in his club ambassador role and he had time for everyone. Particularly he loved chatting to the the kids who just loved this guy. The fact that he was a club football hero was pretty irrelevant to the kids they just loved the guy.
My thoughts are with him and his family.
Hail Hail Bertie

A true legend an ordinary down to earth working class guy who lived the dream and reach the giddy heights of becoming a european champion thoughts are with his family , Bertie was just like all the other Lions he wore his love for the club and especially the support on his sleeve

it's a terrible disease and heartbreaking to watch the decline in the one you love

Last edited by a moderator:
We've had a bit if disagreement on The Noise recently as to what warrants the status legend. I bet there's not one amongst us would argue against the wee man's name being up there with the bonafide legends of thIs magnificent football club of ours.My thoughts are with you Bertie. And a million thank yous. I'm privileged, honoured, humbled and very very fortunate to have watched you wear The Hoops. YNWA.

We've had a bit if disagreement on The Noise recently as to what warrants the status legend. I bet there's not one amongst us would argue against the wee man's name being up there with the bonafide legends of thIs magnificent football club of ours.My thoughts are with you Bertie. And a million thank yous. I'm privileged, honoured, humbled and very very fortunate to have watched you wear The Hoops. YNWA.
1030.jpg

Back