BERTIE AULD RIP

I agree and suggested this before (I even did a crappy mock up of it but I must have deleted it).

How brilliant would it be to have lifesize statues recreating the iconic walk onto the Lisbon pitch? Fans could pose for photos with them. You could even have a bench at the side with Jock, Sean, etc on it with a space for fans to sit next to them.

View attachment 16622
Would be quite something indeed Bridie and should be a serious consideration by our club ...perhaps if we ever get round to the museum their could be room for such a historical masterpiece of a magnificent triumph that means so much to so many around the world and should be talked about and on view to all forevermore .

Celtic website match coverage about 20 years ago. Jim Craig hosting and Bertie is the studio guest.

It's half time and nothing of note had happened so they're a bit stuck for something to talk about.

The following exchange took place.

Jim: So Bert, do you think Larsson would have got in the team in Lisbon?

Bertie: oh aye ah think he would.

Jim: Which position?

Bertie: right-back.

I read a post on one of the blogs yesterday, somebody posted something from a Blue nose who said he was at an event Bertie was attending signing books and stuff.
So the blue nose finds himself in front of Bertie an he (Bertie) asks him whit dae ye want signing son?
Oh nothing for me...I'm a Rangers fan.
Thats ok son, says Bertie.
I wont use joined up writing.

Ange when laying a wreath for wee 10.30

"All our heartfelt thoughts and prayers go sincerely to Bertie's family for their tremendous loss of someone so dear to them.

I know Bertie was one of the true Celtic greats, leaving his mark indelibly on the club and our supporters by reaching the very summit of footballing achievement, but also through his unique personality.

Big, special football clubs are built on major figures like Bertie and we should all forever be grateful to him for all he achieved and all he was. I know his spirit will flow through Celtic for ever.”

Ange gets it.

Can't upload a video file my mate sent me, but there's two stories about Bertie on it
One is when him and Jinky were having lunch at Celtic Park and another was when Liam Gallagher came up for the Man City game
Bertie told someone who was bringing Liam in "Make sure he gets the soup"
The guy said "OK I'll try"
"OK, Liam try the soup, it's magic..."
"Ah n o, yer awrite mate..."
"Go on, it's brilliant"
After a minute or two Liam joins the table with a plate of soup
Bertie leans over and says "Ye wanna roll with it..."
Uproarious laughter ensued
Some man, the Bertie

YNWA

I agree and suggested this before (I even did a crappy mock up of it but I must have deleted it).

How brilliant would it be to have lifesize statues recreating the iconic walk onto the Lisbon pitch? Fans could pose for photos with them. You could even have a bench at the side with Jock, Sean, etc on it with a space for fans to sit next to them.

View attachment 16622
That might take money that the board would rather be in their pocket, sad reflection of the people we have controlling the club. None could lie flat in a bed.

View attachment 16622
Fantastic idea 💡

Latest posts

Back