BERTIE AULD RIP

“Right, son, did you see that place they called the Jungle? That’s where you will find the fans crammed in when you are playing. You can make these guys love you. You perform for them and they’ll repay you. This support has got a great knowledge. They’ll encourage you and they’ll never forget you.”
Bertie Auld’s dad to Bertie Auld on his signing during his introductory tour of Celtic Park (1955)

66 years later how true was that? Bertie Auld - Icon.

Maybe not the right thread, but I was sad to read that former Rangers player Gary Stevens' 4 year old son Jack has lost his battle with Leukaemia. Condolences to his family at this time. It is such a terrible illness and must be awful to watch you child suffer through this. Rest in peace, wee fella. 💚

Maybe not the right thread, but I was sad to read that former Rangers player Gary Stevens' 4 year old son Jack has lost his battle with Leukaemia. Condolences to his family at this time. It is such a terrible illness and must be awful to watch you child suffer through this. Rest in peace, wee fella. 💚
I did read that Bridie, terribly sad, my thoughts are with young Jack's family. 💚

Sad news indeed Bridie, thoughts and prayers for young Jack and his family. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

A mate just sent me this
Wee Bertie's first Celtic contract
The Wee Man, will live forever in our memories, and in our hearts

HH

YNWA

WGmVcAG.jpg

Condolences to young Jack's family
Some things transcend football, and at the end of the day, we feel for the loss of a wean
God Bless

Tribute on todays Football Focus for Bertie
Had a wee blether about the modern footballer the other day, Brim.

We all agreed that they're more media savvy nowadays and scripted to give the appropriate response to some really inane, trite and banal questioning.

The thing is, is that they are nearly all about as interesting as watching paint dry.

The only media training lads like Bertie would have had was in trying to find a suitable wee quip to avoid getting a beating in the playground.

How much more entertaining would Football Focus be if it had guests like Bertie instead of soccerbot 1 and soccerbot 2 on?

I'm glad that they acknowledged Bertie, but it would take more than a wee tribute to capture the depth, personality, humour and character of the man.

Had a wee blether about the modern footballer the other day, Brim.

We all agreed that they're more media savvy nowadays and scripted to give the appropriate response to some really inane, trite and banal questioning.

The thing is, is that they are nearly all about as interesting as watching paint dry.

The only media training lads like Bertie would have had was in trying to find a suitable wee quip to avoid getting a beating in the playground.

How much more entertaining would Football Focus be if it had guests like Bertie instead of soccerbot 1 and soccerbot 2 on?

I'm glad that they acknowledged Bertie, but it would take more than a wee tribute to capture the depth, personality, humour and character of the man.
Its a very tired format SP, even with the new burd presenting,(still better than Lineaker or Dan Boring).

It is the right thread bb and your heart is in the place.poor wee child my sympathy to his family.

A mate just sent me this
Wee Bertie's first Celtic contract
The Wee Man, will live forever in our memories, and in our hearts

HH

YNWA

WGmVcAG.jpg
Not meaning to be pedantic Dill but I think that's Bertie's second contract with us, his first was in 1955, apparently we spent the princely sum of £15000 bringing him back from Birmingham City in '65 at the behest of Mr Stein. Nice to see it though, love the wording of it, different times indeed!

Members online

Latest posts

Back