Bertie Auld

The best midfielder in the world.....I have been lucky. I have seen him play.. Bertie was the best I have ever seen. I loved him as a player and met him once. How clever was he? Watch him v Dukla Prague...how good was his passes..and he,s a a Celt
..God Bless him...Bertie is watching so don't mess Hail Hail

The best midfielder in the world.....I have been lucky. I have seen him play.. Bertie was the best I have ever seen. I loved him as a player and met him once. How clever was he? Watch him v Dukla Prague...how good was his passes..and he,s a a Celt
..God Bless him...Bertie is watching so don't mess Hail Hail
I'm a bit young to remember Bertie as a player, but I was in awe at his one-liners and swagger when he managed Thistle, then Hibs.

Part of growing up was eventually getting to see some old footage of these bhoys, and by God - they could play too.

I envy you lads and lasses that saw these lads in their pomp. What I wouldn't give to see that team and those individuals up close and personal.

70 Mill to buy Bertie these days...BTW he would lover this thread...got no recognition from Scotland ..3 Caps ...but then again he didn't play for the establishment club
Frank, that's what I can't get my head around?

I know there weren't as many international matches back then, but that team had a ridiculously small number of caps between them. With the core of that team plus a Law and a Bremner, then surely Scotland had a punchers chance of even the version of the European Championships they had back then?

Travesty that players of that calibre were victims of establishment politics.

I'm a bit young to remember Bertie as a player, but I was in awe at his one-liners and swagger when he managed Thistle, then Hibs.

Part of growing up was eventually getting to see some old footage of these bhoys, and by God - they could play too.

I envy you lads and lasses that saw these lads in their pomp. What I wouldn't give to see that team and those individuals up close and personal.

I didn't think to much about it at the time ..but we expected it..don't know why ..but that was the way it was...I was a playing for Glasgow at the time..and they gave us tickets Scotland v England Jinky played..I was in the schoolboys enclosure me and my pal John Burke who played for Dundee Utd..unbelievable ..fighin like fuck ..it was crazy..just full of Huns...Jinky scored 2 goals...there was no chance Bertie would have got a cap...they were just bigots ..
Horrible people .

I didn't think to much about it at the time ..but we expected it..don't know why ..but that was the way it was...I was a playing for Glasgow at the time..and they gave us tickets Scotland v England Jinky played..I was in the schoolboys enclosure me and my pal John Burke who played for Dundee Utd..unbelievable ..fighin like fuck ..it was crazy..just full of Huns...Jinky scored 2 goals...there was no chance Bertie would have got a cap...they were just bigots ..
Horrible people .
But Celtic supporters knew how good he was. .

But Celtic supporters knew how good he was. .
I'm sure that Ten-Thirty has very few regrets, Frank.

He not only lived the dream, but experienced the miracle.

I don't think there's anything that Scotland could offer him, that hundreds of thousands of adoring Celtic fans haven't already.

The loss of our legends in recent years only means that we should cherish the ones that still grace us with their presence even more.

Scotland may not have honoured him, but the Republic of Celtic did/do!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back